This Ford GT is the ultimate expression of form following function. Its teardrop- shape body is the result of extensive work in the wind tunnel. Its carbon-fibre body and its 600-plus horsepower 3.5L EcoBoost V6 engine are the ultimate expressions of technological innovation.

Flickr: https://flic.kr/s/aHsm7qSxrk

Hello Ford and Technic addicts! Thorsten has completed professional instructions for the Ford GT.
It might be time to disassemble your 42056 Porsche Kit and build this orange replica of the 2017 Ford GT! Avail at Rebrickable, check it out!

37082812705_1e9b5f618c_b.jpgFord GT - race car for the road ? by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

This supercar packs RWD driven by 2 XL-Motors, Servo for steering, pushrod-actuated torsion bar style suspension front and rear, Sport and track mode suspension, V6 engine, Sbrick plus, Rear spoiler with manual lift, 2 M-motors (1 for each door), button to turn on the car under the hood, easy battery access.

36219490144_5af3a70cf9_b.jpgFord GT - From drawing board to reality ? by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Nothing about this build was easy. This car had so many new things that I've have never accomplished before. To start was the framework. I was worried this build would be too heavy for the pushrod suspension. Each wheel has 2 inboard shocks that are positioned in the same fashion as the real Ford GT.

36910789272_fde58b25d0_b.jpgFord GT - door mechanics - filter shot by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

I really wanted to have the doors open the same as the real car and this is where difficulty started. Opening those huge, heavy doors was a small feat in itself. The pressure required to pop the door to the final position upwards is immense, so I has to seriously gear down the axle. 

36959486792_10a7a97374_b.jpgFord GT - doors by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

The next challenge was the motor placement. Man was it ever hard to fit everything inside a tear drop bodywork! I had to use the middle of the seats for the Sbrick, which may not look too cosmetically appealing, but I can assure you it did completely strengthen the framework immensely. (this may be my sturdiest frame I've made)

36988368451_3e8155594e_b.jpgIMG_0043 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Lastly, I kept the Veneno to race the Ford GT as they have identical gearing. If you watch the video, you'll see who wins. I will work with Thorsten as well for professional instructions in the future. 

36884830816_6c879433f2_b.jpgFord GT back view ? by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

A big thanks to @brunojj1 for suggesting to place more studs between the wheels. I tried it this time (2 extra studs) and I feel it looks proper. thanks! 

36924371592_4c84c6cd77_b.jpgFord GT - white room - filter by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Edited by Lox Lego

Can you show the rear suspension linkage from above? Excellent build.

Edited by z3_2drive

One build after another, after another, after another.... Just keeps getting better... Cannot believe can keep this up!

The shaping on the GT is crazy... It flows really well, just like the real thing. :wub:

All I can do is echo what everyone else is already said. It's beautiful! :wub: And one of those MOCs that look amazing from every angle. You outdo yourself every time. I have only one critique, the A-pillars on the windshield are a bit too rounded. You can see this on the blueprint overlayed on the picture. But other than that it's perfect!

Beautifull :wub: and now guys seriosly you have to stop building such masterpieces of modern sportscars because I'm starting to like them - and that is bad really bad really really bad...

Amazing, purely amazing! Seats are very nicely done, I like them very much. Curves are great. You are outdoing yourself with each car.

I hope you have a full list of planned cars :classic:

On 2017-09-09 at 7:01 PM, TechnicRCRacer said:

Very nice car, another masterpiece! The pushrod suspension looks complicated! Are the engine blocks see-thru?

Thanks @Technic RC Racer! The pushrod suspension works so well. It provides just enough torsion to hold the car at 2 height settings. Yes, those are old see thru engine blocks :classic:

On 2017-09-09 at 7:16 PM, Aventador2004 said:

Another excellent build, so fast you build, it amazes me!

Thanks @Aventador2004

On 2017-09-09 at 7:19 PM, z3_2drive said:

Can you show the rear suspension linkage from above? Excellent build.

Thanks @z3_2drive

On 2017-09-09 at 7:20 PM, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Everything is spot on. Your cars just look better and better!

Thanks! I used the scaling to reference each part of the bodywork. 

On 2017-09-09 at 7:22 PM, Saberwing40k said:

It's so pretty. I want instructions so bad!

There will be instructions made for sure :wink:

On 2017-09-09 at 7:25 PM, LvdH said:

You keep outdoing yourself... every... single... time. 

Seriously though, the Ford GT is one hard car to recreate. And you pulled it off (again) amazingly well! I love the flowing line from the hood, to the windshield, to the rear. 

If I had to complain about one thing is that the rear wheels seem off-center to the fender pieces. 

Thanks 

On 2017-09-09 at 7:29 PM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

One build after another, after another, after another.... Just keeps getting better... Cannot believe can keep this up!

The shaping on the GT is crazy... It flows really well, just like the real thing. :wub:

Cheers! That was the plan with the flex axles, provide the shapes very difficult to replicate

On 2017-09-09 at 8:21 PM, move5 said:

What a masterpiece design! I love it :wub:

Thanks move5! I did not think it would turn out this way half way thru that for sure. Regards!

On 2017-09-09 at 9:36 PM, Offroadcreat1ons said:

All I can do is echo what everyone else is already said. It's beautiful! :wub: And one of those MOCs that look amazing from every angle. You outdo yourself every time. I have only one critique, the A-pillars on the windshield are a bit too rounded. You can see this on the blueprint overlayed on the picture. But other than that it's perfect!

Thanks Offroad creations! Yes, the pillars were a bit too rounded, but I also did not want a straight windshield so I opted for the flex axles. 

On 2017-09-09 at 10:15 PM, Isamudyson said:

Wow just wow. Your builds are so quick yet so detailed

Thanks! I try to complete one section of the car each time I build so that I'm always moving forwards with the new model. Its rewarding to push yourself like that!

On 2017-09-10 at 0:32 AM, KamalMYafi said:

Again, this is a beautifully shaped car you made into LEGO form! :wub: Truly masterpiece...

Thank you Kamal! 

On 2017-09-10 at 1:18 AM, AFOLegofan66 said:

Awesome dude,these are all fantastic cars. Thorsten will make some sweet instructions!!

Thanks @AFOLegofan66!! I bet he will, so many curves to replicate. It will be a challenge!~

On 2017-09-10 at 2:56 AM, mocbuild101 said:

Amazing! - If only it was as fast as it looks... That would be so cool... :blush:

I know right!!?? 

On 2017-09-10 at 3:27 AM, MangaNOID said:

Very awesome!

Thanks!

On 2017-09-10 at 4:53 AM, jorgeopesi said:

Your best car so far.

Wow bold statement, thank you!

On 2017-09-10 at 5:19 AM, I_Igor said:

Beautifull :wub: and now guys seriosly you have to stop building such masterpieces of modern sportscars because I'm starting to like them - and that is bad really bad really really bad...

Hahha classic. Thanks @I_Igor!!

On 2017-09-10 at 6:25 AM, tomek9210 said:

Amazing, purely amazing! Seats are very nicely done, I like them very much. Curves are great. You are outdoing yourself with each car.

I hope you have a full list of planned cars :classic:

THanks @tomek9210! That would be interesting to do, but I'm usually inspired by a car to really get into the build. Who know whats next?

On 2017-09-10 at 6:46 AM, M_longer said:

At last. My hero!

hehe  thanks all. I've been playing with the car all day and everything works well. Truly enjoyed this build, a great challenge.

36930934066_76ff221b91_b.jpgFord GT vs. Lamborghini Veneno by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

37104171945_d4701dc16c_b.jpgFord GT - underbelly shot by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

36969272861_a5ac0489bc_b.jpgFord GT - Artwork by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

36533607830_228cf1a0d0_b.jpgFord GT seats ? by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Edited by Lox Lego

This (combined with your previous work) certainly warrants the technic_pro.png :thumbup:

How long did it take to build it? From idea to finishing?

Is servo directly connected to the rack, or is there some gearing? The steering lock could be better. Did you think about using m motor for steering? And more complex front suspension geometry?

4 hours ago, Jim said:

This (combined with your previous work) certainly warrants the technic_pro.png :thumbup:

Wow! Congrats lox!

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 6:40 PM, Lox Lego said:

This Ford GT is the ultimate expression of form following function. Its teardrop- shape body is the result of extensive work in the wind tunnel. Its carbon-fibre body and its 600-plus horsepower 3.5L EcoBoost V6 engine are the ultimate expressions of technological innovation.

A big thanks to @brunojj1 for suggesting to place more studs between the wheels. I tried it this time (2 extra studs) and I feel it looks proper. thanks!

Incredible job once again Lox!  :wub:

I especially like the transition from the roof down the side into the rear.  The car just flows so well.  I haven't been building as much lately as I took the summer off but you are making it difficult to keep up!  You have created of queue of excellent supercars to build!

I 100% agree that the 2 extra studs has made a big difference!  The wheels don't look too large (or stubby looking in side view) any longer like on most of your other builds.

They may grow on me but I am not a fan of the seats.  I just don't think the flex axles look that good but I understand why you used them.

This is just my humble opinion but I feel you have transformed the MOC Technic Supercar build community.  I remember after your building your 2nd supercar thinking, if he can just make a better chassis and finalize the little things (steering on the Hennessey :laugh:)  you would be an elite builder.  You are sir are elite builder.

5 hours ago, Jim said:

Well deserved and probably overdue!