Capt Wolf

Brethren of the Brick Seas, Era II, is upon us!

The year is 617 AE (After Empire) and this is the dawn of the second era of colonialism. After two years of the factions discovering new lands beyond the Sea of Storms, they have started to consolidate their holdings. But there is more to discover, and adventure awaits!

In game terms, Era II introduces the following:

- New ship stats (which you've already seen here), allowing players to customize their ships.

- A revamped MRCA (now called the Trade MRCA), in which ships have a limited range, can only stop at one port each month, and start the next month from the port they end at the previous month. Also, convoys of 6 or more ships need special leaders (such as a commodore or admiral) that will cost DBs and PIPs to employ each month. Additionally, ports being overserved or underserved will impact the revenue for ships calling on those ports.

- A NEW Adventure MRCA, in which players can go forth into the unknown to be the first to discover new lands -- and exploit them!

Additionally, a new BoBS Intro thread and updated faction threads have been posted to the front page of the BoBS forum (although the old threads are still accessible for reference, just no longer pinned to the front page). The new faction threads have updated histories for what happened in Era I and their current relations with the other factions as we head into Era II.

Full rules for the Trade MRCA and Adventure MRCA should be posted in the next few days.

Other new features will be unveiled in the coming months, but the above items are the big news for now. It’s time to sail into the brave new seas of BoBS Era II.

Well, this all looks great. I can't wait for the next MCRA to start. But will the new MCRAs have character skill trees? I'm  just curious.

Post no 666! :devil:

Edited by Mesabi

44 minutes ago, Elostirion said:

How about faction-swapping? Possible? If so - with our without your sigfig and posessions?

Faction changes are possible, and costs depend on the details. A player who wants to change factions should PM their faction leadership to discuss details.

17 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

Well, this all looks great. I can't wait for the next MCRA to start. But will the new MCRAs have character skill trees? I'm  just curious.

Skill trees are among the features to be unveiled in the coming months. Getting the MRCAs up and running again was the priority. But the skill trees are in the works.

A big thanks to the staff for providing us with the next chapter of this adventure. I wonder if this means we can license new ships now?

3 hours ago, Bodi said:

A big thanks to the staff for providing us with the next chapter of this adventure. I wonder if this means we can license new ships now?

Very soon! Hold your horses for a bit and stay tuned :)