Ayrlego

[COR - SEP FB] ETTC Vanilla Plantation, Jameston

Ever since Cascadia was first settled by Corrington, the ETTC have had plans to exploit the vanilla that grows with such abundance on the island dubbed by some 'The Vanilla Isle'. Until now, the company has collected wild vanilla beans, however after months of careful research, the first vanilla plantation is beginning to produce the valuable crop. Located in the hinterland of the settlement of Jameston, a tract of land has been carefully cleared for the project. With the assistance of botanists from the Royal Society, it was found that the vanilla plant, an epiphyte that normally grows in the branches of trees in the Cascadian rainforest, can be carefully transplanted onto stakes for commercial production.

36287600863_eaee30c44f_c.jpg

Detail of the vanilla plant grafted onto a stake.

36912166436_8a72a2af75_c.jpg

Very nice! Just a few main elements, but still a good amount of detail. Interesting approach to building the vanilla plants -- I like it! Your attention to subtle details, like the undulating ground and the not-completely-pushed-down tiles on the shack roof, really add to the realism of the build. And the minifig posing helps bring it all to life. :thumbup:

Very nice plantation. The Vanilla plants are very well made. I like the little house as well, though I think having glass windows is a little anachronistic. Regardless, I do like the windows, and the build as a whole is great!

Great use of vegetation pieces!  Upside-down bamboo leaves - :thumbup:   I'll totally need to keep that one in mind.

Good to hear we have a vanilla plantation here, I'm gonna make a trip to your settlement to buy icecream.:grin:

Love your cabin, especially the windows.

Those plants are just fantastic, Ayrlego, just love the way they look grafted on to those stakes!  The dark green in the landscaping looks great as well, and the house is quite nice.  Are those broken tiles on the room, though? :pir-look: :oh3:

The little building looks great and as mentioned already the loose tiles really make the roof standout. The field is well done and seems reasonable that it would be how it is grown (as I have never seen them before.) The palm trees were also well done. 

The ETTC shall show those Eslandian upstarts that science and order beats profiteering! :D

Great plantation, and lovely little shack. The greenstuff is nice, but my favourite part is how organic and real the winding little path looks.

Great to see both the ETTC and Jameston growing!

Despite it being in the back, I love the palm trees and vegetation around them. The house is lovely with some really nice shabbiness to it. I think the minifig posing is what really sells the scene, I just get a feeling that it seems right. The white flowers of the vanilla plants really helps to break up that huge sea of green at the front.