Sign in to follow this  
Jetflap

Building 7777

Nice buildings! Me and my dad have made the train #2, the blue maintenance car and the car transport wagon+loading ramp. You said you had some troubles getting the pieces for the large steam engine, however isn't that just a combination of 7750 and 7810, meaning you should be able to get period-correct pieces fairly easy by buying a nice copy of each set.

Inspiring builds

The idea book came out just before I entered into my Dark Age, but seeing these built IRB gives inspiration to build.

Thanks for sharing and keep it coming:classic:

5 hours ago, Edde said:

Nice buildings! Me and my dad have made the train #2, the blue maintenance car and the car transport wagon+loading ramp. You said you had some troubles getting the pieces for the large steam engine, however isn't that just a combination of 7750 and 7810, meaning you should be able to get period-correct pieces fairly easy by buying a nice copy of each set.

It wasn't hard to find the parts, just expensive. Indeed I did sacrifice a 7750 for the parts. That's over $300 for a nice one plus the cost of the extra windows or a copy of 7810. I was just pointing out it was a lot more expensive to build than other sets from the book, most of which just use basic inexpensive 1980's parts.

21 hours ago, Jetflap said:

It wasn't hard to find the parts, just expensive. Indeed I did sacrifice a 7750 for the parts. That's over $300 for a nice one plus the cost of the extra windows or a copy of 7810. I was just pointing out it was a lot more expensive to build than other sets from the book, most of which just use basic inexpensive 1980's parts.

I went back and saw that, I remembered it as if you meant that the pieces were expensive and hard to find.