3 hours ago, LvdH said:

An adjustable spoiler is also a feature :wink: with the two axles with stud you have enough friction to hold it up, and the movability to adjust the angle.

Exactly!

3 hours ago, LvdH said:

I actually do have most of the pieces available. I'll try building it, not sure what the colour will be yet because I don't have all the pieces in one colour.

:thumbup: Don't forget the silicon bands.

22 minutes ago, Thirdwigg said:

All this because I requested a spoiler. Sorry...

:laugh::laugh:. I'm very happy with the suggestion, the spoilers add just the right amount of face to it.

Edited by Didumos69

2 hours ago, LvdH said:

What a cool car! I just ''finished'' it. It's not 100% like yours, because I am fairly short on some pieces you used.

Cool! How does it handle?

I just made a few small changes to the model. The wheels were a little close (widthwise). I tried widening the car by two studs, but that was too much, so I moved each wheel half a stud more to the outside of the wheel axle. That didn't leave any space for the discs on the axles, so I replaced the discs with black belt wheels.

Here is the new LXF-file.

Edited by Didumos69

Here's my version, built from an earlier model. It's a cool little car.

Maybe you can submit the different versions people are making as an ant colony :wink:

IMG_20170928_224524_640x480[168]-WEB.jpg

Interesting concept :thumbup: IMHO it suites even better to some automotive show than to TC12, but it is very original attempt. Really like how chassis is bendable :thumbup: It could be some kind of futuristic buggy :wink:

10 hours ago, LvdH said:

The only issue I am having is when I steer it sometimes gets stuck.

That is strange. Does it have to do with the tires?

7 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Interesting concept :thumbup: IMHO it suites even better to some automotive show than to TC12, but it is very original attempt. Really like how chassis is bendable :thumbup: It could be some kind of futuristic buggy :wink:

Thanks! I'm actually amazed that there are not more go-cart-inspired entries besides this one and 'the unrollable'. I associate wacky wheels with a funny go-cart race game.

18 hours ago, DutchChris said:

Here's my version, built from an earlier model. It's a cool little car.

Maybe you can submit the different versions people are making as an ant colony :wink:

Haha:laugh:. Cool to see yet another real-life ant.

Just now, Didumos69 said:

... I associate wacky wheels with a funny go-cart race game.

I have been thinking of the Wacky Races cartoon, with Dick Dastardly and Muttley.  Can't say I've ever heard of the game. 

I may find time to add to the colony this weekend, all being well :classic: 

2 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

Thanks! I'm actually amazed that there are not more go-cart-inspired entries besides this one and 'the unrollable'. I associate wacky wheels with a funny go-cart race game.

You're wellcome. I new that similar idea was on something dealing with pc...but nevertheless your interpretation is great IMHO :thumbup:

I have finished stepped ldr file including view rotations, before finalizing the whole instruction, can you @Didumos69 please send me a picture of silicone bands - how they are attached? I don't have parts with me atm to make my own picture and I'm not able to model them in LSynth, that is beyond my skill yet.  I will put that picture in the pdf to appropiate place in building steps, thanks

1 minute ago, Ivan_M said:

I have finished stepped ldr file including view rotations, before finalizing the whole instruction, can you @Didumos69 please send me a picture of silicone bands - how they are attached? I don't have parts with me atm to make my own picture and I'm not able to model them in LSynth, that is beyond my skill yet.  I will put that picture in the pdf to appropiate place in building steps, thanks

:thumbup:! I have just put everything on rebrickable, including building instructions by means of a photo sequence. That should also show how the silicon bands are installed. When you finish the instructions I can update the rebrickable entry with them. And of course credit you for it. I appreciate your attempt alot :thumbup:!

Last things I changed: I used 2L black pins in the wheel covers (belt wheels) instead of 3L ones. 3L black pins are getting rare. And I replaced the pins with towballs with 3L axle pins with 2L axles. Final LXF is here, LDR here.

Finally, I renewed my video and the photo's in the entry topic.

Thank you! It is interesting that you build it from back section forward, while I took opposite approach and build it from steering column to back :classic:

EDIT:

It is finished: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_52o8Yjx1kuOVMyZkxsOWJzWEE/view?usp=sharing

Sorry, it is with towballs instead of 3L pin w axle. Wheel covers are with 2L pins, I didn't even realized that you used 3L pins in black. Can anyone please try the instuctions, I have no access to bricks at the moment. Sorry, there is no bill of material included, LPub always draw it like it wants, maybe I will add it once I figure where is the problem. File is currently on my google drive, I think it would be better to move it to your bricksafe Didumos. I hope you will like it!

Edited by Ivan_M

11 hours ago, Ivan_M said:

Thank you! It is interesting that you build it from back section forward, while I took opposite approach and build it from steering column to back :classic:

EDIT:

It is finished: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_52o8Yjx1kuOVMyZkxsOWJzWEE/view?usp=sharing

Sorry, it is with towballs instead of 3L pin w axle. Wheel covers are with 2L pins, I didn't even realized that you used 3L pins in black. Can anyone please try the instuctions, I have no access to bricks at the moment. Sorry, there is no bill of material included, LPub always draw it like it wants, maybe I will add it once I figure where is the problem. File is currently on my google drive, I think it would be better to move it to your bricksafe Didumos. I hope you will like it!

@Ivan_M, excellent work! I just followed the instructions step by step and as far as I can see there are no impossible or unlogical steps.

It would be awesome if you could replace the towballs with the pins with axle and 1L beams. It would only effects step 13 if I'm not mistaken. The towballs are simply not sufficient to avoid the front tires from rubbing against the mid-chassis. But even if you won't make that change I will add these instructions to rebrickable and simply make a note on the towballs in the description.

The absence of a parts list in the pdf is no problem to me. There's a parts list on rebrickable already.

Thank you very much for putting in the effort to make these instruction. I'm really amazed how fast you made them :thumbup:.

16 hours ago, Boulderer said:

I may find time to add to the colony this weekend, all being well :classic:

I missed this part of your post yesterday. It would be really cool if you could add to the colony. Perhaps you could use the instructions by @Ivan_M.

Edited by Didumos69

Now that this project is practically done, I would like to thank everybody who participated. I set myself the goal to finish this project within one month and we succeeded with instructions and all. I could not have done that without your help. Here's a short impression showing how the model evolved over the last few weeks.

Edited by Didumos69

10 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

@Ivan_M, excellent work! I just followed the instructions step by step and as far as I can see there are no impossible or unlogical steps.

It would be awesome if you could replace the towballs with the pins with axle and 1L beams. It would only effects step 13 if I'm not mistaken. The towballs are simply not sufficient to avoid the front tires from rubbing against the mid-chassis. But even if you won't make that change I will add these instructions to rebrickable and simply make a note on the towballs in the description.

The absence of a parts list in the pdf is no problem to me. There's a parts list on rebrickable already.

Thank you very much for putting in the effort to make these instruction. I'm really amazed how fast you made them :thumbup:.@Ivan_M

Thank you. I have modified instructions, download link is still the same :thumbup: I enjoyed it a lot, and learned some cool locking techniques, it is really interesting how you build!

31 minutes ago, Ivan_M said:

Thank you. I have modified instructions, download link is still the same :thumbup: I enjoyed it a lot, and learned some cool locking techniques, it is really interesting how you build!

Thank you very much @Ivan_M! I have made your instructions available on Rebrickable (copied them to my Bricksafe).

@Didumos69 and @Ivan_M Thanks for all your work making the instructions available! This model looks like a lot of fun to build and I plan to build it, but with what I have going on I am not sure how soon. 

In looking for parts, is the parts list generated by LDD any different than the one on Rebrickable?

Rebrickable says I have 532 out of 537 parts, I just need to locate them.

I need to generate a parts list so I can search my inventory, hence my question about the LDD vs Rebrickable. I can easily print the list from the HTML instructions from LDD if that is a good parts list, but I haven't found an equivalent list on Rebrickable.

Thanks again,

Andy D

29 minutes ago, Andy D said:

In looking for parts, is the parts list generated by LDD any different than the one on Rebrickable?

Yes it's slightly different. i uploaded  the LDD file to Rebrickable, but the LDD misses the silicon bands (one red and two white), includes two different 20t gears and 4 rare cylinders. I corrected this in the Rebrickable version. If you go by the images in the LDD html-export, you should be fine apart from the silicon bands. Is this enough info?

16 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

How about #AntColony? Where everyone shows their fire ant?

What about sharing them here in this thread? I will add a collage image of all instances to my entry when it closes.

Edited by Didumos69

56 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

What about sharing them here in this thread? I will add a collage image of all instances to my entry when it closes.

Cool, nice to hear you will use the similar idea.

So, here is my build to join the colony ...  

800x600.jpg

Apologies for the poor image.

I've used larger wheels on the rear, along with white hubs, which is the main difference from the original design.  There are a few minor colour changes to work around my available parts but, these really are minor.  

This really is a great build and the steering works like a dream.  

Edited by Boulderer

4 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

Yes it's slightly different. i uploaded  the LDD file to Rebrickable, but the LDD misses the silicon bands (one red and two white), includes two different 20t gears and 4 rare cylinders. I corrected this in the Rebrickable version. If you go by the images in the LDD html-export, you should be fine apart from the silicon bands. Is this enough info?

@Didumos69 Thanks, that is what I was looking for.

I assume the silicone bands are the bands from LEGO. Is there any difference (other than color) between the white and red?

Thanks again for sharing such a great project!

Andy D