Hi, 

here is my TC12 topic.

Origin, plans, backstory, whatever.

When I've seen this contest announcement, I was not really excited, mostly because the original game and TV show missed me. But I liked the idea, and the fact it is a contest ( :D ) , so I decieded to give it a try.
Later, I was browsing my old drawings, and stumbled upon really old "monsters in hot-rods" (https://horcikdesigns.deviantart.com/gallery/40040640/Monsters-in-HotRods)  series, and recognised, that they're wacky enough (especially the Yeti) to be inspiration for this contest. 

Yeti's avalanche

So, the base stone (or snowball) was  laid. 
The build went really fast from that moment.

I plan to make simple 2 axle "wackhicle" capable of  travelling through every terrain (mainly snow, of course), something like snow-hot-rod.
Steered will be only front axle, and the wacky function will unfortunatelly be very simple, but the name of this hungry Yeti's cart is derived from this. It will also be equipped with front snowball cannon to freeze opponents.

Right now I have nearly finished the chassis. I will not show you the colour-scheme, but be sure it has something to do with another LEGO line. 

36913298142_cdc2d7bc97_c.jpgTC12 - Avalunch 
37083518855_01c87ee156_c.jpgTC12 - Avalunch 
36895114136_fb12721020_c.jpgTC12 - Avalunch 

Stay tuned for more Snow'n'roll.

Edited by HorcikDesigns

Just now, mocbuild101 said:

This reminds me of one of my unused ideas... The Yeti tank!

Are you going to put the Lego Yeti figure in it?

I'll at least try to build one :D Thank you.

Is your name missing an "a" and an "e" or are you having a meal with your vehicle ?

Edited by Seasider

Looks cool. Each track assembly is individually suspended? Do they rotate on the horizontal axis?

@Seasider: From the name, the secret function is that it can "eat" other racers... I think...

@Thirdwigg Hmmm... I can not confirm that yet.

@Seasider The name is not final, but  this one sounds wacky enough, in my opinion. :D

@Leonardo da Bricki Front suspension is individual, behind the seats is one live axle.  Originally the tracks were able to rotate freely in very huge angle, but because of their asymmetry it was annoying, so they were limited for approx. 10 deg of movement around sprocket wheel axis. Rear tracks with help of soft spring, in front with simple pegs. 
Eating / hiding other vehicles inside sounds really wacky, but slightly unfair, and with current setup of the vehicle, unachievable. My wacky function  tries to mimic original "weapons and advantages" from the game.

Today, I have tried to build more from the body of this little beast. I try to get the look of hot-rod at the cabin, the front will miss classic grille.

36272178944_d6bbb7bcf5_c.jpgTC12 WIP2 

Edited by HorcikDesigns

Great work, I'm amazed how much you have built already!

And I like the way you did the tracks too, it's very much like 42069...

On 9. 9. 2017 at 9:04 AM, mocbuild101 said:

Great work, I'm amazed how much you have built already!

And I like the way you did the tracks too, it's very much like 42069...

I can not deny that 42069 is my favourite set from 2017 line. :D (I hope to buy one soon)

Here is another WIP of this project - finished roof and windscreen frame. I plan to make more details in the interior too, but later.

36773872420_3b6547a74f_c.jpgTC12WIP roof finished by Horcik Designs, on Flickr

Edited by HorcikDesigns

26 minutes ago, HorcikDesigns said:

What do you think about it's headlights? should they stay there? I'm not sure. :\

Very cool design! It looks like something that could actually exist and I like that. As for the headlights, you could attach a set of additional big lights to the yellow roof protection frame.

640x338.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

47 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

Very cool design! It looks like something that could actually exist and I like that. As for the headlights, you could attach a set of additional big lights to the yellow roof protection frame.

[image]

Thank you!

I think that the headlights would fit it perfectly, maybe with more parabolic body (553b.png). Thanks for suggestion. :)

6 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Forgive me for asking, but what is the wacky function? Looking very nice BTW.

Nothing to be forgiven, it is just question about the rules. I am not very proud of it, but it is the best replication of functions used in original series - it drops snow (white bricks) behind it (they're stored in the LBG container in the back - I'll add detailed photos to the final presentation). I also planned to use bananas instead of snow, as the more classical surface lubricant, but I do not know what to do with them when the contest is over. :| There is also "snowball-5Lliftarm cannon in the front, but I do not count this as wacky.

30 minutes ago, HorcikDesigns said:

I planned to use bananas...but I do not know what to do with them when the contest is over.

That's exactly the same thought I had!

I also was originally going to also have a mechanism to dump a heap of bananas, but it would have required a least ~20 bananas to make it look good... but then what could I do possibly with them afterwards?!

2 hours ago, HorcikDesigns said:

I am not very proud of it, but it is the best replication of functions used in original series - it drops snow (white bricks) behind it (they're stored in the LBG container in the back

No reason not to be proud; that sounds like an awesome function.

24 minutes ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

No reason not to be proud; that sounds like an awesome function.

Yes, might be right, but when compared with functions of other member's vehicles, it is slightly primitive. on the other hand, backstory of my driver does not contain inventive and creative mind... :devil:

2 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

That's exactly the same thought I had!

I also was originally going to also have a mechanism to dump a heap of bananas, but it would have required a least ~20 bananas to make it look good... but then what could I do possibly with them afterwards?!

Well, I've also been thinking about 20pcs as ideal number for the effect... :D Some things seems to be the same all around the world :grin:

I would like to introduce you the crew standing behind this ludicrously underengineered bunch of liftarms. (the simple and totally made up background story of this MOC)
Driver - Always hungry Yeti, the one who added the snowball cannon to the front of his racing machine. And also removed the passenger seat and replaced it with giant lunchbox with integrated refrigerator to keep his snack cool.
Mechanic - She secured with pins and bushes everything other. 
The missile - nobody knows where did it come from, or what it does, but nobody dare to throw it away. 
36829598913_d26f9a9433_c.jpgCREW by Horcik Designs, on Flickr

36789283194_6a28a7a628_c.jpgAVALUNCH by Horcik Designs, on Flickr

Edited by HorcikDesigns

On 5. 10. 2017 at 4:37 PM, Thirdwigg said:

I'm liking the crew and the storyline. Maybe this missile, no?

Thanks :)  I wanted to make slightly updated design of the missile.

VIDEO is online. 

On 9/29/2017 at 6:48 AM, HorcikDesigns said:

backstory of my driver does not contain inventive and creative mind... :devil:

Haha! I guess that fact makes your function perfect for this car :laugh: Amazing build. Congrats.

My final thoughts:

+ great design, yeti is very funny, "Snowcannon" works very well.

- tracks don't move very well...

Good luck! :wink:

Edited by mocbuild101