Sign in to follow this  
BrickG

Best place to buy minifigures with their accessories easy, cheap, and in bulk?

So I'm basically quitting Lego for the time being. I've got too much! Selling the stuff I don't want probably... 

Anyways I'm not quitting minifigures though. (and the rare set like the UCS MF!).

I'm trying to buy... lots of them. Buuut it's either hard or expensive.

If I use Bricklink I'm not sure how to search for minifigures and their accessories. Like Wonder Woman without the sword and shield? What's the point? And it's too much effort to find everything... Also if I use bricklink I have to buy from like freakin' 10 different stores... pay for shipping so it doesn't take 6 weeks also adds up when it's 10 different stores.

I'm basically trying to buy as many Marvel, DC and STar Wars figures as possible...

Then there's Amazon... it's SO much easier and the figures like always come with the accessories, plus free shipping. BUT while it's 100x easier than Bricklink it's also about twice as expensive despite the free shipping...

Is there a good alternative? I just wanna bulk buy minifigures easily (not Bricklink), and not expensive (not Amazon)... 

Find a BL store that stocks a lot of the figures you want. Although high volume stores will charge more, often more than the postage cost difference if you are buying more than a few.

Minifigures aren't cheap these days, since people seem to want them rather than the bricks/parts.

Where are you based? It can be a struggle sometimes haha I collect exactly the same as you.

I tend to do the following nowadays to collect my figs..

- Wait for sets to go on sale. I haven't picked up a set in a long time at full Lego RRP.. it just gets too expensive, quick! I tend to bide my time and they generally drop in price pretty quickly on Amazon etc (for new sealed sets direct from Amazon. Not minifigs from 3rd party sellers trying to rip people off). I buy the set, sell the build and keep the figs I need. The recent Justice League Flying Fox set for example... £100 in Lego? Got it for £60 on Amazon, kept Batman, Cyborg, 2x Parademons, Steppenwolf, Wonder Woman, Superman, the Motherbox and all their accessories then sold the rest of the set for £30. People are trying to flog Steppenwolf for £15-£20.. for example so screw buying that loose when I can do the above.

- Wait for special deals (again, sales I guess), but Argos here in the UK do a 3 for 2 deal every now and then. It means I can pick up say 6 of the bigger sets, but only pay for 4. I also sell off everything else other than the figs/accessories so that helps me recoup what I've spent. During the summer, I picked up 6 sets for about £200 from the Super Heroes line, and I made a good chunk of that back after selling the builds.

- Bricklink is still a good place. Some figures don't need accessories (Superman for example), and once you got a million batterangs from sets, Batman! There are a few, so you can use Bricklink for those.

- eBay, sometimes you can get some cracking deals, but it can be expensive sometimes too. You just need to do your research on what that fig is worth. Going back to Bricklink to do this is a good idea to get a value.

- Facebook Lego pages. I'm on about 3 or 4 and generally they seem to be a little cheaper than the likes of eBay or Bricklink. Obviously keep your wits about you, if something is too good to be true it probably is, and only ever pay using PayPal goods and services to cover yourself. As there are no eBay fees etc I think that helps people price a little lower.

That said, if you're in the UK, I've got a Superman and Wonder Woman from that Flying Fox set you can buy haha.

Lastly, seconding what @MAB, minifigs are generally not cheap, even more so with themes like Super Heroes / Star Wars etc. Sometimes you just have to suck it up and pay what they are generally worth. I see a lot of people on the Facebook pages trying to nab a bargain because they don't want to pay the going rates and it never goes anywhere.

Sign in to follow this