Sign in to follow this  
Dardanel

[REVIEW] The Quake Mech polybag

Full disclosure: This review is copied in its entirety from my blog. This is my very first review, and as such is full of omissions and errors. As the text itself states I am looking for criticisms and advice on how to improve. Thank you in advance.

The Quake Mech hasn’t been officially announced yet, but we did get a sneak peek in the Ninjago Movie ‘Making of’ book. What we do have is a scaled down polybag version of the mech:

The Quake Mech polybag - review

The build itself is of the expected polybag-size and is very nicely built. The only thing I dislike is that the wheel itself is brickbuilt, but it would’ve been impossible to stand on its own otherwise. I do hope that the actual set will have an actual wheel, even if it has to have additional support in order to stand.

The arms have a lot of articulation, although the shoulders are a bit flimsy, but brilliantly built. They’re bigger than the rest of the body and give the mech that ‘hulky’ look.

As I’ve mentioned the wheel is brickbuilt and flat on the base. The droid arms are not attached to it and are only there for aesthetics. The wheel is actually attached to the rest of the body via a 1×1 round trans piece that. It has a black bar running through it.

The mech looks quite good from the back side as well, if a bit bland. However, there is room for attaching additional pieces there, so it can be improved upon with clever tinkering.

I have to admit that I was quite impressed with this build. So much, in fact, that I bought two – one for my collection and one to use as a decoration on my desk (on which I usually keep souvenirs from my trips).

This was my first ever review and I hope you liked it. Is there anything you would’ve liked to be included, or anything I missed? If you have any other comments, criticism and/or advice I hope that you will share them. I will allow me to improve and you can enjoy better reviews.

Nice review, I am patiently waiting for the big brother.

What I miss from the review: more pictures about interesting parts, building techniques used, details (f.e.: how the levitation of the body is solved). Maybe pictorial comparison with the Ninjago Artbook version would be nice too - I am not sure here if those pics are public, but no prelim stamps at least.

Keep on with the publishing! :thumbup:

On 9/7/2017 at 10:54 AM, agrof said:

Nice review, I am patiently waiting for the big brother.

What I miss from the review: more pictures about interesting parts, building techniques used, details (f.e.: how the levitation of the body is solved). Maybe pictorial comparison with the Ninjago Artbook version would be nice too - I am not sure here if those pics are public, but no prelim stamps at least.

Keep on with the publishing! :thumbup:

Thanks, me too! That's actually great advice, thank you for giving it!