BennyHugo

Classic Space Mobile Laboratory

First of all, greetings! I'm new here, I'm polish fan of LEGO and other toys, mostly Transformers and other action figures. I'm slightly reckonisable among polish YT toys community thanks to my polish toy reviews on channel called "Benny's Plastic World". I'm also fan of SW, comic book heroes, giant robots, Discworld, cartoons and other nerdy stuff.

As the Afol I'm mostly fan of the old castle and space themes, and also Bionicle and other construction figures. Today I would like to present you my space MOC, an homage for Classic Space series.

Mobile Laboratory is a three part model, each you can play apart, or attach them together. There is vehicle on treads, laboratory itself and the platform with the little mech suit. The staff contains three classic space astronauts and a little robot. Vehicle has movable radar and the locker with tools. Laboratory has openable door and roof, movable chair for the minifig, some computers and the second locker. Mech suit is pretty posable with ball jointed legs and feet and bendy like arms. Also, each astronaut has his own cup for tea or coffie :)

More photos on my tumblr blog with tag "classic space" - https://bennyplasticworld.tumblr.com/search/classic

I submitted this MOC for LEGO Ideas. If you like it I would appreciate your support!  - https://ideas.lego.com/projects/486f4782-27cf-4a30-a440-d16fbd08b828

IMG_20170625_175846.jpg

That walker is adorable.

It's so refreshing to see a Classic Space MOC that is actually designed for exploration and not death and destruction! So many MOCs these days are just war machines in Classic Space colors. 

Hey Benny, welcome to Eurobricks! 

I've seen your Mobile Laboratory on Ideas before not long after it was posted, and I immediately shared it on @LegoMonorailFan's Best Ideas Projects topic. It's great to see a CS themed project on there every now and then, especially since there are so few there currently. :classic:

Hello Benny and welcome! Your MOC looks really good. It has this lovely innocent retrofuturistic feel to it. Also brilliant what you did with the exo suit. So funny silly poses. :wink:

See you around. Enjoy Eurobricks!

Thanks for the comment and support guys!

Danth - I know what're talking about, that was my general purpose. CS is a adorable, positive theme, without blood spreading conflict. I've wanted to create my MOC as much fitting the original series as it possible. I enjoy every outstanding CS theme MOC, but I prefer these not being the war machines ;)

Brilliant MOC, and great way to introduce yourself here!

I fully agree on the peaceful exploration aspect. While there are tons of great (Neo) Classic Space MOCs out there, lots of them lean way too heavily on fighting and military themes. Even Benny's Spaceship Spaceship Spaceship! came equipped with a lots of flick fire and other missiles... One of the beauties of the old Classic Space theme was that it focused on peaceful epxloration, and on the later spaceships it was never clear (and thus up to you as a kid) wether those pointy bit were lasers, cannons or merely sensor arrays or some other stuff entirely.

Edited by RogerSmith