I'd say no stripes or other decorations and certainly no cannon on the roof. It would ruine the suprise effect of the seats dropping out.

The wackness of this build would be in the unexpected horror imo.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep the stripe off, and I'll stay with the black wheels. I think I might add a little color in the engine bay.

@mocbuild101 I agree, it's missing something visually wacky. I'm not sure a gun or something wild fits this build, but I have tried a spoiler, wheelie wheels ( @ThatOneBuilder ), and a hood scoop. None of them are perfect. I'll put some exhaust pipes on the driver side as well, and the engine will get a little more wild, but that's about all I have right now. I'm open to other ideas.

You could add a stop sign attached to the sides of the bus that could be deployed and hit other racers.

Something like this:

b07c4168878c5437233f490ce5adb6a4_XL.jpg

Good idea. I have one small stop sign on the bus on the driver's side, but the double stop might be worth it.

Most school buses have some black stripes running the length. If I were adding color, I would make it a thin black strip, nothing more.

12 hours ago, deehtha said:

Most school buses have some black stripes running the length. If I were adding color, I would make it a thin black strip, nothing more.

I agree. A black stripe would fit, but it might be too much black since there is already a lot. I'll try it, post a picture, and have this thread vote. 

20 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

I have tried a spoiler, wheelie wheels ( @ThatOneBuilder ), and a hood scoop. 

I was saying that if it was made out of a real bus :laugh: You could have something that shoots books at the enemy, 'cause knowledge! 

The Toaster is done. Working on the video to post this afternoon. Looking at the other entries to this contest, I think I went more down the race route, while others went more down the wacky route.

37716736941_a74f4a1d71_c.jpg

37046540123_e2574590ed_c.jpg

3 hours ago, HorcikDesigns said:

but the seats are hilarious and best of all. :D 

Agreed, it's genius and completely unexpected. If only they had minifigures on them, extra deployable 'obstacles'... :devil:

I was slightly disappointed you didn't install a wide stop-arm, but everything else like the spring-out side is very clever, well done.

14 hours ago, ColletArrow said:

I was slightly disappointed you didn't install a wide stop-arm, but everything else like the spring-out side is very clever, well done.

Agreed, but I didn't need to bring any additional attention to the fact that my stop sign does not in fact say stop.

Glad you like it @ColletArrow and @HorcikDesigns. I hope for your votes

I like the end result too. It looks very finished, the functions all work well and the seats-dropping-out feature gives a very nice absurdist twist to it. You're on my shortlist. Btw, your stop sign does not in fact say stop :laugh:.

Re STOP sign, I too noticed.

Grab the image from your photo of the real bus, and print & paste it onto the Lego part.

Edited by Doug72

Re. Stickers, I just ran out of time, and paste. Next time I'll work on my time management as well as the design.

Maybe we should just assume Thirdwigg Racing really doesn't really want the other contestants to stop. 

Is that bus from your School times? Your bus driver was a real James Bond. Looks like you have fun in that time :laugh:

:thumbup:

14 hours ago, rm8 said:

Is that bus from your School times? Your bus driver was a real James Bond. Looks like you have fun in that time :laugh:

:thumbup:

My childhood bus driver certainly had some character traits that were fun.

3 hours ago, WvG_853 said:

Great entry! You have my vote! :-)

Thanks so much!