brickmasterben11

What's your favorite Star Wars character?

I thought this would be relevant as the new characters from The Last Jedi have all been revealed. Of course, if your favorite character isn't a new one, that's fine too. I'll start, as my favorite character right now is probably Grand Admiral Thrawn. He has been around for a while, although recently he has been getting more attention. I like his backstory, and the new novel Thrawn sheds more light onto his rise through Imperial ranks.

Mods, if this is already a topic please feel free to merge/remove. 

I've always loved Starkiller, but since he's Legends now, I want to throw out an in-canon character too, so after much deliberation, I'd lean toward Obi-Wan. But since that seems too basic, I'm throwing out yet another one; Chirrut Îmwe.

Darth Vader, hands down, the OG Badass, who was the real main hero of Star Wars, The prequels have shown his origins and fall, The OT made him a villain who ultimately was absolved, and the sequels show people (Mainly the Skywalker twins, Rey and Kylo Ren) struggling with his heritage. He is a really fleshed out character, barring that whole "not liking the sand" sillyness, and George Lucas' cringeworthy dialogue writing, he's a real icon of popculture, and he really is a complex character, on the outside he's this unbeatable huge cyborg in  his black imposing armor and flowing cape, and a powerful force user, but when you take off the mask, you see a frail, broken man, both physically and psychologically, a man who all his life was struggling between the dark and light side of the force, who succumbed to his fears, who was tricked into being a slave to emperor, and lost everything he held dear. A man condemned to feel constant pain and regret, until his final confrontation with his son, who brought him back to the light. And that's why Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader is such an epic character.

6 hours ago, Eggyslav said:

Darth Vader, hands down, the OG Badass, who was the real main hero of Star Wars, The prequels have shown his origins and fall, The OT made him a villain who ultimately was absolved, and the sequels show people (Mainly the Skywalker twins, Rey and Kylo Ren) struggling with his heritage. He is a really fleshed out character, barring that whole "not liking the sand" sillyness, and George Lucas' cringeworthy dialogue writing, he's a real icon of popculture, and he really is a complex character, on the outside he's this unbeatable huge cyborg in  his black imposing armor and flowing cape, and a powerful force user, but when you take off the mask, you see a frail, broken man, both physically and psychologically, a man who all his life was struggling between the dark and light side of the force, who succumbed to his fears, who was tricked into being a slave to emperor, and lost everything he held dear. A man condemned to feel constant pain and regret, until his final confrontation with his son, who brought him back to the light. And that's why Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader is such an epic character.

Wow. That's a really good explanation.

8 hours ago, Eggyslav said:

What a fantastic characterisation indeed. I wholeheartedly agree!:wink:

But my personal favourite is Jar Jar!

Just kidding. Its the Ewoks!

Nah, Its Vader, of course. See above :classic:

I don't understand the hate Ewoks get. Are they the greatest? No, mediocre at best. I guess, I see them as cogs in the machine or just furry soldiers.

Speaking of soldiers I kinda like the Super Battle Droids. And could they be up-graded? Of course I kinda had a thought, if they got program to shoot the handles of lightsabers wouldn't that break the sabers. And make stopping the Jedi easier.