Spacebrick

Winter Green Grocer [Winter Village MOC]

Hi everybody, I'm new here (link to my presentation), and to introduce myself to all of you I'd like to share some of my creations. Some of you may already have seen the mods I showed early today in the SW forum, but now I'd like to show something completely original, and probably my favourite digital moc so far. I am a lover of the Winter Village Creator Expert series and I decided to create something myself to expand my town. I thought that in the winter village line were missing a market to feed the poor cold minifigures, so I started LDD and I created a small grocer!

The name clearly isn't casual. I decided to make a tribute to the famous modular building, the green grocer, and working with this idea in mind I realized some details in a similar way to the original building! I leave to you the game to find all the similarities! :wink:

I haven't actually built a real model since some parts are not existing in the colors I choosed, but I guess in the future I will find a solution to replace them. Those are some renders I made:

33644547140_604b937320_b.jpgWinter Green Grocer by SpaceBrick, on Flickr

33644551350_901480dcb9_b.jpgwinter grocery stairs by SpaceBrick, on Flickr

33644578860_5e76a2b91b_b.jpgwinter grocery well view by SpaceBrick, on Flickr

My goal was to create something similar to the existing winter sets, so the Grocer isn't so big in terms of pieces (around one thousand) and is completely open on the rear, just like the Toy Shop or the Santa's Workshop:

33186950564_ee432030a4_c.jpgInside Winter Green Grocer by SpaceBrick, su Flickr

33186957044_d972402810_c.jpginside winter grocery 2 by SpaceBrick, su Flickr

33989128866_f9bee94deb_c.jpginside winter grocery upper floor by SpaceBrick, su Flickr

The ground floor is the actual shop, the first floor is a sort of a warehouse and a office for the grocer's owner. The roof is quite simple by choice, in this way is more similar to the other winter buildings.

Outside there are a couple of more details. There's a well, a snow covered tree and a lamp, that always come with Lego winter sets! I also created some minifig to complete the scene, in particular there are the shop owner, a customer and a mailman, useful to deliver new daily supplies.

33872609852_04dd3b981a_z.jpgwinter grocery well 2 by SpaceBrick, su Flickr

34029969025_7fc576ba05_z.jpgWinter Green Grocer accessories by SpaceBrick, su Flickr

I submitted this project also to Lego IDEAS, and it has been selected in those days to appear in the Staff Picks in the Ideas homepage.I honestly do not think that the project will go much further, because unfortunately winter village is not a click-catcher theme, but if you like my project I leave here a link to the related page: WINTER GREEN GROCER

If you wanna take a look, in the page there are also a few updates where I tried to combine more than one shop, just like that:

35674290966_56c36a074b_c.jpgLEGO Summer Green Grocer - double, tiled roof by SpaceBrick, su Flickr

And this is it, I hope you enjoyed my modest moc! Thank you for watching, if you like my creation please leave a comment! :classic:

Very cute... and fits the Winter Village theme perfectly. I particularly like the well. It's a nice detail.

Yes indeed, very cute and perfectlyĀ fitting to the winter village themes!Ā Ā I love the combination of woodwork and stonework around the sand green. I think the double entry door and the exterior staircase are my two favourite features, along with that lovely tree. I have votedĀ :-), although sadly I agree that the winter village is not one of the favourite themes on the Ideas forum.

2 hours ago, gabrielerava said:

Nice one!

Ā 

1 hour ago, eliza said:

Very cute... and fits the Winter Village theme perfectly. I particularly like the well. It's a nice detail.

Ā 

7 minutes ago, alsielou said:

Yes indeed, very cute and perfectlyĀ fitting to the winter village themes!Ā Ā I love the combination of woodwork and stonework around the sand green. I think the double entry door and the exterior staircase are my two favourite features, along with that lovely tree. I have votedĀ :-), although sadly I agree that the winter village is not one of the favourite themes on the Ideas forum.

Thank you, I'm glad you like it. I definitely haveĀ to create it with real bricks, maybe before Christmas I'll give it a try! :)

7 minutes ago, kokkie20 said:

Are you willing to share the file if it doesn't pass the ideas? Realy love it!Ā 

Yes, for sure! But as I told you beforeĀ the project needs some adjustments because some parts don't exists in the right colors, unfortunately.

8 hours ago, kokkie20 said:

Thats fine, everything can be fixedĀ :laugh:

If I am remembering correctly, mainĀ problem here are the two columns which keep in place the external doors, they don't exist in sand green. And thatĀ color is not replaceble!

2 hours ago, Spacebrick said:

If I am remembering correctly, mainĀ problem here are the two columns which keep in place the external doors, they don't exist in sand green. And thatĀ color is not replaceble!

Well i didnt mean by getting those columns in color, small changes could always br made to a color scheme :)Ā 

21 hours ago, Minifig Lecturer said:

Looks great. Really liking that stairs.

Thanks! The build technique isĀ similar to the one used in the side stairsĀ of the parisian restaurant, but the upper round part is mine. I'm thinking of change the color of the handrail's tilesĀ to white, since it's more logical for them to be covered in snow.

9 hours ago, aukevin said:

I like that little well you have off to the side :)

Thank you! To be honestĀ I found the idea on the web, but it's a very nice detail!

Looks very good! Welcoming and friendly (I almost said warm and friendly, but its winter-themed!^^). I really like how you made it look modern inside without breaking with the romantic medieval-feel it has. Very well doneĀ :classic:

The summer version is something I'd love to have for my castle-Minifigs (maybe without the bananas!). Just lovelyĀ :classic:

15 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

Looks very good! Welcoming and friendly (I almost said warm and friendly, but its winter-themed!^^). I really like how you made it look modern inside without breaking with the romantic medieval-feel it has. Very well doneĀ :classic:

The summer version is something I'd love to have for my castle-Minifigs (maybe without the bananas!). Just lovelyĀ :classic:

Thank you Littleworlds!Ā :classic:

It looks really really nice, I like the completeness in accesoiries and the overall layout of the building. Extra point thatĀ it actually does matches the existing winter sets! You got my vote!Ā :thumbup:

I really like this! Not only does it fit in perfectly well with the actual TLG sets, bit it seems to have more of a finished feel than the most recent buildings they have done (Santa's toy factory and train station feel like they got left 80% complete), it looks nicely refined, and I love the little details. Despite having quite a few studs (mainly on the roof) I think it still manages a nice smooth look to it. I'd love this to be an actual set, I'd buy it for sure!Ā 

Thank you guys, I'm quite happy for so muchĀ support. I didn't expect all this love for my moc and to findĀ so many winter village lovers! Ā :classic:Ā 

Oh, right, to answer to Fuppylodders, studs on the roof are not my favourite solution, but I went with it to fit the style of the others winter sets, as you probably already figured out. In the summer version, in fact,Ā I made it differently.Ā 

Just to have an idea, which version do you prefer?Ā (asking to everybody)