Sign in to follow this  
Carbohydrates

[MOC] 5th Generation Ford Mustang GT

This is my first MOC in about 5 years. It's a 5th generation Ford Mustang GT - I specifically modeled it after a 2008. It uses a lot of Speed Champions elements and shares some design traits with that series as well, such as the SNOT side panel and bumper body work. It was designed in Mecabricks and ordered via Bricklink - the orange 1 x 1 corner panels were the most difficult part to track down, since they only appeared in 2 fairly unpopular sets in 2004.

h3ufghJh.jpg

h32Xhhos.jpg saep2cIs.jpg YKic08Ts.jpg 4OxBf9Zs.jpg GOk24OYs.jpg bvdHoO9s.jpg 3G6QKAHs.jpg

Tough crowd! No worries, I'm happy enough with it. Here are some comparison pics between the official Speed Champions Mustang (blue), my new MOC (orange), and the first time I attempted a 5th gen Mustang over 8 years ago (yellow):

Ae0uTyMs.png 1IvVQ1Xs.png FnHzNGos.png

On 9/5/2017 at 11:01 AM, supertruper1988 said:

Looks great! Do you have instructions? If not would you mind if I made some based on the LDD?

Here you go! My first crack at making instructions for something. Let me know if it's unclear:

http://imgur.com/a/DDX9a

Parts list in .CSV format:

http://www.mecabricks.com/en/inventory/QVzvM5BNvJp.csv

Lime green just represents a part that can be in any color, since it'll be hidden in the final build.

Edited by Carbohydrates

This is hilarious. I just finished a moc and did this thing I sometimes do of running a reverse image search to see if it returns the real life car. 

Well, it didn't do that, but it did return your moc, and I'm guessing we both used the exact same car as inspiration (that color combo is a custom job, and with that trim in that year, I'm guessing it's a 1 of 1). It's too bad I didn't find your moc BEFORE I started building, because I would totally have saved myself a ton of effort and just built yours instead.

(in short: great work, beautiful rendering, and you have excellent taste in Mustangs ?)