Brilliant! I think this is perhaps the first time I've seen Astro Kitty outfitted with her own CS themed ride! :thumbup:

Nice subtle usage of the Wolverine claws for whiskers. :wink:

Very impressive and imaginative! This is quite a beast. Hefty, but dynamic and full of character. Indeed a brilliant build.:classic:

Wow Pombe, this is the best build I've seen from you. You should have saved it for AG2, I'm hoarding All my SciFi builds for it. :devil:

This is excellent Pombe, definitely a step up for you in design, I love the details like the Wolverine claw whiskers, the 2x2 round tile with the 1x1 stud arrangement at the joints and the trapezoid flag vanes at the rear. The overall aesthetic really hits the mark, the design of the kitten head is particularly good.

Excellent work.

Awesome build! That windshield works perfect for the cat's eyes along with the Wolverine claws as his whiskers. The greebling on his legs looks great as well. Thumbs up.

Question: Is he very posable? Cause if so it would be great to see some pictures of him in different poses!

Thanks for all the kind comments, everyone.  Please feel free to critique, as well.

On 9/3/2017 at 11:13 PM, chubbybots2 said:

Nice fusion of class space, unikitty and zoids!!! The rear needs to be a bit more curvy imho. But good moc nonetheless !

I agree that the rear leg blue paneling could be more curved.  The model had been sitting on my desk for months unfinished, partly because I couldn't find solutions I liked for the blue leg paneling.  I ultimately gave up and went with this.  The rear main body, unfortunately is sort of stuck as is, because of the basic frame I started with, though I could try to create more of an illusion of curves with different greebling.

On 9/4/2017 at 0:41 AM, Mesabi said:

Wow Pombe, this is the best build I've seen from you. You should have saved it for AG2, I'm hoarding All my SciFi builds for it. :devil:

Thanks, Mesabi!  As much as I enjoy Andromeda's Gates, I decided that I wanted to build something from my favorite all time theme, classic space, and have it purely dedicated to that theme.  At the same time, there's been so many recreations of the classic Galaxy Explorer and other sets like it, that I wanted to try something different.  Don't worry though!  While I haven't really been building for AG2, I have put together the new crew of minifigures.  I will introduce them soon.

On 9/4/2017 at 4:44 AM, LucByard said:

This is excellent Pombe, definitely a step up for you in design, I love the details like the Wolverine claw whiskers, the 2x2 round tile with the 1x1 stud arrangement at the joints and the trapezoid flag vanes at the rear. The overall aesthetic really hits the mark, the design of the kitten head is particularly good.

Excellent work.

As a big fan of yours, this means more to me that you probably realize.

On 9/4/2017 at 7:28 AM, LegoMonorailFan said:

Awesome build! That windshield works perfect for the cat's eyes along with the Wolverine claws as his whiskers. The greebling on his legs looks great as well. Thumbs up.

Question: Is he very posable? Cause if so it would be great to see some pictures of him in different poses!

Is it poseable?  The technical answer is yes, the realistic answer is not really.  While I can make it do all sorts of weird things, like have all four legs up in the air, there are two things that prevent from being posed in really cool more traditional ways: 1) mixel joints and 2) center of gravity.  I chose to use the smaller mixel joints, instead of the larger and sturdier bionicle/hero factory ball joints because they are smaller and easier to hide (form over function).  However this makes them unable to bear the weight of some of the more extreme poses.  Combined with the fact that the weight of the head shifts its center of gravity forward underneath the front legs means that it cannot be put into a pose with one front paw up, since it needs both front legs for support.  I suppose it it could do a donkey kick, which is very un-kitty-like.

Wow, great work. You have a ton of little details like the side nav lights and Mjolnir as radar or something on the side with the missiles. I like how the feet seem so agile. I kinda wish you had used a pink 1x1 on the nose. :tongue: I like the fangs and inset ear color. Only suggestion would be to maybe make the tail 1-2 segments longer. I doubt you want to make it 100% cat accurate, but it looks like a stubby Manx/Lynx tail right now. Given that it is you, I actually was expecting a rocket engine placed in an anatomically accurate place. :laugh: NPU and SNoT-work abounds!

Awesome job, Pombe! Only because you're asking for critiques, I would nitpick that the torso could be slightly wider and the front shoulders about a brick narrower to give it a more natural shape. And maybe a small stomach section to make it look a little longer and flexible

So much great greebling. I really like the flags on the back legs. The shaping of the head is really well done, too. 

:wub: i like this one! :sweet: i'm gonna steal that rader design, that's for sure!:tongue: hm... how does this pilot exit the craft?