GrahamSlam

Next UCS Set

22 hours ago, jamie75 said:

If they do make one it will be smaller like Anio's. Not minifig "scale" like cavegod's.

Mine is "minifig scaled".

2015 was an awesome year for UCS with the Slave 1 and the TIE Fighter

2016 appeared to suck BIG TIME with the re-release of the Death Star and Assault on Hoth

2017 has been a great year with the Snowspeeder and the Millennium Falcon

So let's just hope 2018 is not a "suck" year!

2014 only had the Sandcrawler which although fantastic... is just one UCS!

Seems even years are worse than odd numbered years...... : \

My 2018 dream:

May release - 6000+ piece, minifig scale AT-AT

October release - 10,000+ piece ISD / Harrower Class Dreadnought / Resurgent Class Battlecruiser

The world's going crazy... why can't Lego? :)

I would love to see a Harrower Class, but it's not likely. The Resurgent Class is possible, as Lego is going to start releasing mostly TLJ sets for a while.

On 9/27/2017 at 8:39 PM, kiwiatlarge said:

How about a 12000 piece Anakin head with removable Vader helmet with a chip in it that goes Noooooooooo!!!!! when you take the helmet off it.. :laugh:

Now that my friend, would be fantastic!

I'd like to see anything they haven't had yet in UCS size: Luke's speeder, A-wing, probe droid, home one, medical frigate ...

Or re-makes of some sets that are too old / not up to my standards ;): ISD, SSD, sandcrawler, Y-wing, Vader's TIE Advanced, Death star 2, ...

Preferably OT of course.

A Finalizer the size of the old ISD would also be nice. Or Kylo's shuttle in minifig size.

7 minutes ago, BrickieB said:

I'd like to see anything they haven't had yet in UCS size: Luke's speeder, A-wing, probe droid, home one, medical frigate ...

Or re-makes of some sets that are too old / not up to my standards ;): ISD, SSD, sandcrawler, Y-wing, Vader's TIE Advanced, Death star 2, ...

Preferably OT of course.

A Finalizer the size of the old ISD would also be nice. Or Kylo's shuttle in minifig size.

What didn't you like about the most recent Sandcrawler? It's awesome!

It's too small. I'd prefer something the size of Marshal Banana's crawler, or even half that size.

1:1 scale lightsabers. They would come with the lightsaber, a stand, the colored kyber crystal, and a minifigure of the saber's user.

They'd likely be small for UCS sets. Cheaper too. I think it would be nice to start a series of them. Maybe even have some light pieces so that they're really nice to display with a glowy end to the saber (the color of the blade), and crystal and light it from the bottom a bit. Idunno.

Imagine something like this but LEGO and with a crystal and minifigure:

il_570xN.834548291_jpt2.jpg

Then imagine having like 2 come out a year. So you can collect different character's saber.

I think it would be cool anyways. I might try it myself. XD

Edited by BrickG

I've seen this sort of thing suggested a few times over the years and I've always thought they'd great. I like your additions of the minifigure and stand though, takes it to the realms of possibility. Definitely collectable and they'd be great parts packs too!

I'd quite like a nice Y Wing as I didn't get the previous one so that would be a nice addition to my display.  Not bothered about anything else...

Might be nice to get Luke's landspeeder, Nebulon maybe even something from the first 3 films republic gunship or drop ship with atot 

I sure as hell hope so. And I also hope its not as pricey as the recent UCS Millennium Falcon. Don't get me wrong, that price point is very justified however I would prefer a smaller less detailed set for 250-400 dollars than a massively large and detailed set for 600-800 dollars.

So far I only have the Sandcrawler and Hot from the UCS line, as well as the almost-but-not-quite Ewok Village and first Death Star play set, so a UCS Cloud City is right up there for me.

In terms of ships, I'd love to see the A-Wing, AT-AT, and TIE Bomber to complete the OT line, although I doubt I'd get any of them unless the AT-AT came with some nice figures.

I could absolutely get into some capital ships, like Home One and ISD though. How much would an ISD go for nowadays though? :0 Especially if it had an interior and figures like the SSD did.

I really hope LEGO do a UCS Cloud City.  Came out of my dark ages too late for the last set.  I'm selective about the UCS I get too as I get what I like, not just everything. CC would be right up there if done right.  In fact if LEGO could borrow an idea from this guy it would be awesome.  Create a playset along the lines of the Death Star set.  I love how this guy's CC set flows from the MF landing right through the story in each scene to Luke hanging off the antennae and being rescued by the MF with Liea and co. I'd be happy enough with a set as is like this but imagine the little improvement LEGO could incorporate.  It would need the whole host of minifigs and potentially micro sized cloud car, MF, Slave One, X wing like the microfighters.

On 07/01/2018 at 7:52 PM, Brickmerlin said:

1. Cloud City

2. ATAT for new UCS Sets

3. Would love to see a new remake UCS Y-Wing 

Y-Wing is happening.  Will be getting  a refresh in the same way as the falcon, red 5 and snow-speeder.  Although I haven’t seen it.

Only playsets and minifigure scaled UCS sets for me, please.

If it's a large scale like the TIE or the Snowspeeder, easy pass. More money for Creator Expert.

I don't know about UCS ships that are still "small scale" (Star Destroyer, Rebel Blockade Runner, Super Star Destroyer). Last UCS set that was too small for minifig scale was the Super Star Destroyer, I believe. I don't know how I'd feel about a UCS Nebulon or Home One.

I hope they do more minifig scale ish ships like Slave I that I have and love.

If they did minifig scale x-wing or other fighters instead of oversized but with a UCS level of detail and accuracy. They could bring the price down a little but the detail would still be great. 

I definitely want to see more large scale ships\vehicles (or large versions of the larger ships) in the UCS line as I think that's what it's about, mini-figure scaled versions are available in the standard line and I don't see what they could do to make a UCS version significantly more detailed than the regular version as the main reason they have less detail is because they're smaller, possibly could improve them ever so slightly by using less sturdy\more complex building techniques but I don't think they'd end up standing out significantly from the regular versions. Obviously you get some sets that hit a sweet spot where they can be both large display pieces and minifigure scale at the same time, like the Falcon, Slave 1 and to a degree the Sandcrawler (though I think technically that would need to be bigger to be true minifig scale).

Not that keen on the play-set style UCS sets as they don't make particularly interesting display pieces, out of the UCS sets I own (Slave 1, Tie Fighter, Snow Speeder, Sandcrawler, Falcon, Death Star and Assault on Hoth) the Death Star and Assault on Hoth are the only two that have been taken off of display and stuck in a spare room.

Hope the Y-Wing rumours are true as always regretted not getting the original and would love to see a Tie-Bomber.