GrahamSlam

Next UCS Set

That's Vader's TIE Advanced 10175, pretty clearly.

But if we follow this logic it could also be a huge Stormtrooper head...:sweet:

About the sets on the packaging...these are obviously sets that can be connected to the current release. As some pointed out, the Falcon was not the next set after the DS re-release, but if we keep saying "the next UCS is going to be the this or that" it will inevitably become true eventually. So go on, one day you will be right. :classic:

Also, I'm not sure this warrants a new topic in itself but I just couldn't refrain from commenting...

I'd definitely like a Tie-Bomber UCS set, or a new version of the Y-Wing. Tie Bomber would be a nice companion piece to the Millennium Falcon as that is based around the space slug scene which is where the bomber also appeared.

Obviously a Star Destroyer would be nice (though I am considering building Raskolnikov's MOC), though I'd hope it would get a significant redesign over the original. I used to have one and it did suffer from a lot of drooping of the nose and the bottom panels dropping off due to them only being held on by magnets down the centre of the hull.

Yes Vader's TIE, a TIE bomber... some kind of TIE lol......

I too personally wouldn't mind an X-Wing again as I missed out last time - I know they've done a lot but... this is the 40th anniversary and it's a pretty important ship from that film.

Would love it to be a new Tantive IV. If they followed a similar theme to the MF they could refine the exterior detailing. I wouldn't add an interior as it just won't be anywhere near to being to scale. Unless you include a couple of small corridors to capture the gun battle and leia / R2 handover

I love me some minifigure scale models. Give me a minifigure scale ISD and I'll buy the heck out of it. :wink:

I don't know what they could give us that I would love as much as the Falcon and Slave I. I feel stuffed. Very happy with the current UCS.

You know what might be really neat? A section of an Imperial Hangar. I have no idea how many pieces that would be... Maybe it comes with a Tie... random thought of the day. I'm sure it wouldn't happen. I feel like I need to stick the new UCS Falcon in a hangar like in Star Wars IV. :)

Although everybody is tired of Hoth (especially after 75098), I would love to see a $350-$400 AT-AT.

On 6.9.2017 at 5:18 PM, LOBOT-OMY said:

^^^ OT is all that matters in StarWars! All the other movies are a joke IMHO and I don't even classify them as star wars. But hey, I am an old guy ! :laugh:

I like prequel bashing as much as the next guy, BUT those movies got it right in terms of artstyle and brought forth countless great designs for landvehicles and spaceships!

Compared to that the new and ongoing Trilogy has not really much original designs to show for yet. 

Oh and the music was fantastic in the prequels as well, again something where Force Awakens did severly disappoint!

2 hours ago, BrickG said:

I love me some minifigure scale models. Give me a minifigure scale ISD and I'll buy the heck out of it. :wink:

I don't know what they could give us that I would love as much as the Falcon and Slave I. I feel stuffed. Very happy with the current UCS.

You know what might be really neat? A section of an Imperial Hangar. I have no idea how many pieces that would be... Maybe it comes with a Tie... random thought of the day. I'm sure it wouldn't happen. I feel like I need to stick the new UCS Falcon in a hangar like in Star Wars IV. :)

A true minifigure-scale ISD probably wouldn't even fit inside a LEGO Store.  :laugh:
I agree with others that a Tantive IV is long-overdue.  I am frankly amazed that there wasn't some incarnation of the ship this year, between the fortieth anniversary and residual Rogue One hype. 

Edited by RogueTwo

The last UCS or big playsets were all updates, the Falcon, the Snowspeeder, Death Star and Hoth. We need something fresh, at least for 2018.

Possibilities for UCS: Poe Dameron's X-wing, ARC-170, Venator, and the imperial shuttle from Rogue One are the best choices I think.

Playsets: Yavin IV, Coruscant Jedi Temple, Geonosis Arena.

However, I agree that new version of Tantive IV, ISD are overdue, but I don't understand the ones wanting some TIE.

I wonder when LEGO will venture into making prequel or sequel trilogy ucs sets. Last prequel ucs we got was obi wan's jedi starfighter, I believe.

I feel bad for all the guys that missed the 1st batches of UCSs, but I was there back then and I hate buying sets I already have. Yes, they are updated and nicer, but they are big and I'm running out of room to display them!!!

I wll buy the new UCS Falcon just because it is the biggest and I want to build it, but personally, I don't want a new ISD...

Also, I feel like so many ships or playsets have not been done yet...

Why so many remakes!! 

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 1:32 AM, bataleon said:

Good point about not having another big set to rain on the Falcons parade. If the silhouette is anything to go by, the ISD could quite possibly be one of the two UCS sets for 2018, but perhaps not the next one, you're right.

I'd love a new Y-Wing too. I've been holding off Bricklinking one for a while now in the hope that it reappears soon.

The Rogue One Y-wing is very nice, if you're looking for one.

39 minutes ago, quark12000 said:

The Rogue One Y-wing is very nice, if you're looking for one.

Thanks mate, I agree it does look very nice however I've decided to concentrate on having larger, but fewer models instead of many smaller ones. I'm trying to keep a minimalist style to my display. It's so easy to go overboard with Lego, and then everything looks like a big mess ;)

Need new Star Destroyer, then Tantive IV, Y Wing could use updates. Would like to eventually see an AT-AT UCS but I'm happy with the plus size MOC I have.

On 9/4/2017 at 10:11 PM, LucyCol said:

There are some that say the next UCS set is featured in the artwork of the current UCS set.  In which case the artwork of the MF features Cloud City in the background :sceptic:

13 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

Wow Cloud City hasn't been mentionned on this page yet? Let me fix that right now for you guys :classic:

@RetroInferno I refer the learned gentleman to my earlier comment. :sweet:

On 05/09/2017 at 5:37 PM, Terrasher said:

I certainly hope it's something at minifigure scale. I'm not really a fan of UCS sets that are much bigger than fig scale. TIE-Fighter and Snowspeeder were uninteresting to me, but sets like the Slave I, Imperial Shuttle and Millenium Falcon are great.

I might welcome a new ISD, if it's done properly and with plenty of detail. As for playsets, well, there's always the Cloud City dream...

I'm in the same boat. I prefer minifig-scale UCS sets or playsets. 

However, I would really like a New Hope Star Destroyer UCS with some exclusive characters like the Imperial Navy Commander. Think it would also be very nice on display.

Can remember where it was but Lego teased the UCS B-Wing same way as the millenium falcon before it was announced.

I wouldn't be suprised if they use the September/October date for a 'BIG' UCS set like the previous Death Star and MF (probably all remakes). Then they could make €200-250 UCS sets during May the Fourth release. Something like 

May 2018 - UCS Tie Bomber/Vader Tie/Y-Wing etc
September 2018 - UCS ISD/SSD/Imperial Shuttle
May 2019 - UCS Something that ties in with episode 9 and previous trilogy

But they will probably do something else haha. However I would like to see some consistency in the UCS sets instead of random things like the Hoth sets, although the Snowspeeder is a nice remake.

I'd actually would really want a UCS C3-P0 with pearl gold pieces (can't do chrome gold because it would be +$100) so we can have more brick-built droids!

I would love to see more from the OT in general. Besides a proper Cloud City I would be great to get a remake of the UCS Imperial Shuttle (which was already amazing by the looks of it) or Tantive IV. 

Both are quite expensive at this point via reselling, while their designs are just timeless!

a new AT-ST (sizewise perfect for UCS) would be welcome. A less studded version than the previous one please.