Sign in to follow this  
TalonCard

LEGO Scooby-Doo Blowout Beach Bash--nice Pirate easter eggs

Hi all,

I just finished watching the LEGO Scooby-Doo Blowout Beach Bash movie that came out on video a couple of months back. It's worth checking out for LEGO Pirate fans, as the plot involves "ghost" pirates terrorizing a beach town that used to be a buccaneer hideaway. The jokes are pretty amusing, and the voice cast is great, but the best part (of course) are all the fun LEGO Pirate references scattered throughout the movie, including:

A fleet of 10210 Imperial Flagships capturing the pirate ship in flashback scenes

Paintings of versions of the 1970 Imperial Gun Cart and 1731 Shipwrecked Pirate in the hotel

Old-fashioned non-firing canons on board the pirate ship (these may be a re-use from the Pirate scenes in the Justice League: Cosmic Clash movie; I don't remember.)

Various other elements, figures and logos from the 1989, 2009, 2015, Collectable Minifigures, and Pirates of the Caribbean Pirate sets.

Unfortunately, unlike many LEGO home video releases, it doesn't seem to come with a unique minifgure. :pir-cry_sad: But it's still worth a watch. Here's the trailer:

I wouldn't mind seeing sets based on this movie...

TC