Capt Wolf

[NTSC] If you can kick a pineapple, you can kick a soccer ball...

Willem Guilder had hoped to return to Weelond after the Malto peace talks were concluded, but he found that activity on Isla de Victoria and the surrounding islands kept requiring his attention. Among those activities was the inaugural New Terra Soccer Cup on Trador. Guilder recruited the best soccer players he could find from the ranks of the Weelond regiment stationed on Isla de Victoria, and he sent word back to Weelond for legendary coach Patch Verlander to meet him in Trador. When Patch finally arrived (and Guilder was fortunate that the entry deadline had been delayed, or else Patch wouldn't have made it), Guilder gathered the team in the Green Door Pub and introduced them to their coach.

w_table.jpg

Ol' Patch had some interesting coaching theories, including practicing with a pineapple instead of a soccer ball ("If you can kick a pineapple, you can kick a soccer ball!") and throwing broken bottles at players to keep them on their toes. The team doesn't look so sure about their coach's methods, but they're ready to compete in the Soccer Cup!

---

Will be licensed as a small artisan.

All C&C welcome.

Haha hope they don't play barefeet :p

Great job with the walls!

the Weelond Regiment has been registerend :)

Very nice build, as usual Capt Wolf. Are those custom bottles on the shelf? I don't recognize them.

Great team and nice build. I like how you used the big brown pieces with the tan wall to create some more depth and texture. Also nice usage of the pineapple for a fun story. 

Thanks to all for the comments on my soccer cup build. The team didn't go through to the quarter finals, but it was still fun.

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 6:17 PM, Professor Thaum said:

This NTSC team is my favorite !!

This is how I understand football ! :devil:

Thank you! Also, I'm worried about you. :pir-grin:

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 6:56 PM, Bodi said:

Funny methods, good luck for the team "Broken Toe" :laugh:

Nice pants btw.

Thanks! It appears the goalkeeper was the one who succumbed to too many pineapples. And the pants were a must for this build!

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 6:18 AM, gedren_y said:

Nice Dodgeball reference!

Thanks. I was sure someone would be familiar with that.

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 6:37 PM, Mesabi said:

Very nice build, as usual Capt Wolf. Are those custom bottles on the shelf? I don't recognize them.

Thanks! The bottles are from Brickforge, I believe.

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 4:51 PM, SilentWolf said:

Great team and nice build. I like how you used the big brown pieces with the tan wall to create some more depth and texture. Also nice usage of the pineapple for a fun story. 

Thanks! I had been looking for something to use those support pieces in, so this was a good opportunity. As for the pineapple, this mini-challenge demanded something fun!

Another great build from you, Capt - awesome little scene, that team uniform looks awesome, and everybody's expressions are perfect as well! :rofl: