snaillad

MOC: Crown Castle Adventure Golf

Hello fellow EB members;

Here is my latest creation. Crown Castle Adventure Golf.

I've had a mini-golf based MOC on my to-do list for quite some time and this is a decent representation of what I originally sketched out to do. I had a couple of other themed ideas in mind - Inca and pirate themed but went for castle, maybe I'll revisit another theme someday. Being used to building on baseplates and nice square corners this was somewhat of a challenge with a organic shaped base and some rockwork which I can't confess to being particularly good at. It was fun to give it a go though!

Although its essentially a castle it's not meant to be taken seriously (which is why I've posted in the town forum), although I've seen some people take adventure golf very seriously! :laugh:

Anyway on with the pictures, 3 in all;

36585277450_bac4a214bb_c.jpg

36810976222_187fd2a7ea_c.jpg

36842080871_deb5fa6588_c.jpg

You can find the same images at flickr if you prefer here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/52656812@N04/

Enjoy!

This is adorable! Lovely detailed and landscaped, with very warm colours. A beautiul build that just makes me happy.:classic:

That is so cool!! You've nailed the landscaping perfectly and that castle is perfect - love the curved wall and the "portcullis"!!

Nice work!!

It's adorable! Nice use of crossbow bolts for the castle gate. Your baseless, organic-shape base looks brilliant to me.

This is great! Instead of having a castle in your mini golf, the castle IS the mini golf.

I think I would actually buy this as a set!

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

On 9/2/2017 at 8:11 PM, Littleworlds said:

This is adorable! Lovely detailed and landscaped, with very warm colours. A beautiul build that just makes me happy.:classic:

Thanks Littleworlds! I don't tend to go for organic colours very often so I'm glad you like it!

On 9/3/2017 at 8:01 AM, Brickviller V2 said:

I love the idea and excecution of it! So many nice details and scenes :thumbup:

On 9/3/2017 at 8:52 AM, RogerSmith said:

Unusual idea and great execution!

Well done!

Thanks guys, I'm pleased you find it original. I try to come up with ideas that I've not seen before!

On 9/3/2017 at 11:05 AM, lightningtiger said:

Delightful and fun, Brick On 'snaillad' !

Thanks you lightningtiger! :classic:

On 9/3/2017 at 0:11 PM, greg3 said:

That is so cool!! You've nailed the landscaping perfectly and that castle is perfect - love the curved wall and the "portcullis"!!

Nice work!!

22 hours ago, eliza said:

It's adorable! Nice use of crossbow bolts for the castle gate. Your baseless, organic-shape base looks brilliant to me.

Thansk greg3 and eliza! It was a fun challenge doing a organic base, I have even more respect for castle themed builders now! :laugh:

2 hours ago, Andy D said:

This is great! Instead of having a castle in your mini golf, the castle IS the mini golf.

I think I would actually buy this as a set!

Andy D

Cheers Andy, it was hard to judge how to make the castle, I almost wanted it to look more cartoony and fake, like a real miniature golf course but it probably ended up looking more realistic than expected!

13 minutes ago, NewTown said:

I wish this was an official set. Your builds always make me smile. I admire your talent.

Thank you Newtown!

Everything you build is so very gorgeous and wonderful. This is fantastic, love the costumed staff to bring in some less common minifigures into Lego Town. Fantastic MOC and great photography. 

I just have to say; you make some of the best mocs on this website. I love the 80's aesthetic that seems present in almost all of them. It gives your builds a unique, clean, and modern feel to them while also invoking the decades of the past. Also I would love to see someone recreate the Gold Room Lounge from "The Shining" It's basically a 1920's ballroom. Seems like it would be an interesting build, but I don't have the resources to build it. Seems like it would be up your alley though.

Edited by CaptainJackBrickster