exstatik

Has anyone built a 7740 or 7745 on smaller bases?

As the title says really. Has anyone created anything like this? Would love to see them if so. Same goes for the other way round too. I've seen a nice long base 7710 carriage before on here. Look forward to seeing anything you've created along these lines!

3 minutes ago, JopieK said:

There are monorail versions if that is what you mean?

I was thinking more of 6x16 plate ones like 7710 but in 7740 and 7745 design. I wouldn't mind seeing monorail versions though...

Something like this (see 1000steine.de, I'm also a 1000steine member).

12088-1436080556.jpg

I now see what you mean, you want to make trains without the official base? You could use a technic plate for that:

Plates.thumb.png.0e4705c8dde6f5dcd0b0d870b0c92e50.png

7 hours ago, JopieK said:

Something like this (see 1000steine.de, I'm also a 1000steine member).

12088-1436080556.jpg

I now see what you mean, you want to make trains without the official base? You could use a technic plate for that:

Plates.thumb.png.0e4705c8dde6f5dcd0b0d870b0c92e50.png

True. I might try that. I just wondered if anyone has built those 7740's and 45's in 7710/7725 etc scale. Would be interesting to see. That monorail looks great!!

That sounds like a fun project to reduce the carriages to 6x16.  Decades ago I MOD the two 7710 carriages into one 6x32 carriage because I though they were too short by North American standards.  Now I like the 6x16 size.  :laugh:

9 hours ago, dr_spock said:

That sounds like a fun project to reduce the carriages to 6x16.  Decades ago I MOD the two 7710 carriages into one 6x32 carriage because I though they were too short by North American standards.  Now I like the 6x16 size.  :laugh:

Yes I think so too! ?  Someone must have done it, I'd quite like to see how it looks before I look at ordering and gathering parts!