A few people have shown an interest in the building process, so for this blend I've taken some mid-blend pictures. The ocean explorer is now completely gutted. The deck crane was easy to relocate but I have lost steering control temporarily.

TC12WIP402

I didn't get far into building the next model to blend before realising it was going to need some serious modding. The function I planned to use was right in the middle of the model.

TC12WIP401

As you can see above the central section of 42052 is mounted where the control tower was. Above the bow is where the pf motor and tail section should be. I'm going to have to work out how to swap the tail structure for the cockpit.

And as to the wacky function, that this blend provides?

TC12WIP404

The bow now raises so it can take a bite out of cars in front.

6 hours ago, thekitchenscientist said:

The bow now raises so it can take a bite out of cars in front.

It's amazing, you just keep making this wackier and wackier!!! :wacko:

And then, when I think you have reached maximum wackiness, you add something crazy like this!

There have been a few issues with the blending process and I had to let the model sit for a week whilst waiting on a solution.

TC12WIP803

First I tried adding the rotor blades but the balance wasn't right.

TC12WIP806

I had tried to include the tail section also but this didn't help.

TC12WIP809

The solution seems to be to chop out the orange tinted sections and restore the control tower rather than use rotors. The deck crane had to go to make enough space.

TC12WIP810

Now the real hard work begins. I need to restore steering, get the jaw working again and restore as much cross bracing as possible. It is the first thing to go in the blending process but in its current form the model is very fragile.