thomassio

Lady McZep

36130578333_c6440bdd10_c.jpg

Lady McZep by Thomas van Urk, on Flickr

The Lady McZep is the ship of the dreaded skypirates. Led by their dountless captain these pirates travel the atmosphere and plunder everything on their path. High in the stratosphere they seek fortune, fame and glory. Any unlucky airship that meets them will meet an unfortunate end. Building this thing was actually the most frustrating thing I've ever done. It took me about a year.

36542775260_50af734a66_c.jpg

For the Colossal Battle contest on Flickr I made this scene. It had to show some sort of naval warfare so I crashed a zeppelin in the ocean and then blamed the pirates.

36916779845_cd8f434107_c.jpg

Attack of the Lady McZep by Thomas van Urk, on Flickr

These pirates surely are enjoying their exuberant lifes of plunder and murder and additional activities associated with piracy!

36767245192_805f070646_c.jpg

Attack of the Lady McZep by Thomas van Urk, on Flickr

More pictures on Flickr and Thanks for looking!

36531623730_1c9561b504_c.jpg

Edited by thomassio

This is really impressive! I love how you built the Zeppelin hull. So simple, yet the shaping and overall feel is just right. It really makes me want to try something like this as well. :wink: Would be cool if you could post a picture or two of the interior.

The sail-ship gondola is very impressive as well. Brilliant shaping on it. All in all: what a MOC! :classic:

HOLY SHIP!!! 

This thing is monstrously beautiful! That last rear shot of this behemoth is seriously impressive! :oh3:

Dang, if only Lego could do a serious airship, I'd be sold; and I'm not talking about a hot air balloon on its side. 

By the way, is that a Jurassic World Gyrosphere mounted on the front of this ship?

Oh my goodness that is awesome!!! The curves look fantastic! And then the size of the blimp? It's huge! Four thumbs up!

You'll probably get flak for this not being strictly pirates, but before that happens, I want to echo everybody else and say that this is brilliant!  Naturally, the gondola has the biggest draw, and it looks terrific in the pictures.  Any chance we could get some better close-ups of it, and maybe an explanation of your technique for getting that beautiful curve in it?

Also, if BotBS is still a thing, you should think about joining with this!  You would DOMINATE :-D

18 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

This is really impressive! I love how you built the Zeppelin hull. So simple, yet the shaping and overall feel is just right. It really makes me want to try something like this as well. :wink: Would be cool if you could post a picture or two of the interior.

The sail-ship gondola is very impressive as well. Brilliant shaping on it. All in all: what a MOC! :classic:

Thanks! You should try! There are not enough lego airships. The entire zeppelin is made possible thanks to the Mixel balljoints. They are really strong. I almost didn't use any technic lego. I only used support collumns in the straight middle part.

10 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

This thing is monstrously beautiful! That last rear shot of this behemoth is seriously impressive! :oh3:

Dang, if only Lego could do a serious airship, I'd be sold; and I'm not talking about a hot air balloon on its side. 

By the way, is that a Jurassic World Gyrosphere mounted on the front of this ship?

No it is not. It is four times half of the Large Buzz Lightyear helmet.

I agree an airship set or a steampunk theme would be awesome!

7 hours ago, Cousarmy0001 said:

You'll probably get flak for this not being strictly pirates, but before that happens, I want to echo everybody else and say that this is brilliant!  Naturally, the gondola has the biggest draw, and it looks terrific in the pictures.  Any chance we could get some better close-ups of it, and maybe an explanation of your technique for getting that beautiful curve in it?

Also, if BotBS is still a thing, you should think about joining with this!  You would DOMINATE :-D

Thanks! I uploaded some really large pictures on flickr so you can zoom in. About the curve: It is basicly brickbending with 1x2 plates. They are attached in the middle straight on headlights and brackets. On the ends only a few plates are attached with balljoints and headlights. Touch it and it will explode.

I was really interested in BotBS but after seeing so many explanation topics it seemed to difficult to me.

35 minutes ago, thomassio said:

Thanks! You should try! There are not enough lego airships. The entire zeppelin is made possible thanks to the Mixel balljoints. They are really strong. I almost didn't use any technic lego. I only used support collumns in the straight middle part.

Cool! Thanks for the info. I didn't really expect mixel parts, but in hindsight it makes sense. I will have a look at that.:classic: I converted my old Black Seas Barracuda into a steampunk ship, and this seems to be the natural progression for it. :classic:

13 hours ago, thomassio said:

I was really interested in BotBS but after seeing so many explanation topics it seemed to difficult to me.

That's part of why I haven't gotten involved, either.  In addition, I have a few ships that would probably be good to start out with, but I don't have the money right now to make the leap from them to my larger ships.

Amazing creation! I might never have seen this normally since I don't usually venture into the Pirate MOCs forum, but I decided to today on a whim and I'm glad I did! I like the slightly comical feel of the traditional ship hull sitting atop some fairly modern-looking wheels. The cockpit dome is another incredibly distinctive choice, especially with those protective bars around it! The scene you created for the Colossal Battle contest feels very energetic and like something straight out of a comic book!

Nope, no hammer coming down here. I suppose it's a bit "grey" but I like it, so let's keep it. :grin:

Love the technique. Beautiful and brilliant. Just plane well executed over all. Thanks fr sharing here here, mate!

On 09/03/2017 at 3:55 AM, Cousarmy0001 said:

That's part of why I haven't gotten involved, either.  In addition, I have a few ships that would probably be good to start out with, but I don't have the money right now to make the leap from them to my larger ships.

We are a very friendly and helpful bunch there, though, so you will get all the help you need :)

Also, really cool airship. I really like how you have combined typical traits of the airship with those of a pirate ship!

Fantastic creation. I think it should belong to the "historic" forum (alongside with steampunk creations) - on the other hand these guys seem to be pirates.

Very ingenious use of doors (on the other airship).