4 minutes ago, Seasider said:

i think your wings are too swept back for a commercial plane. If you straighten them slightly perhaps as little as 5 degrees on the leading edge it'll look better.

I'm not sure I agree, but I will try it and see how it looks. In the case the not-as-swept wings look better, I'll also try to effectuate the rest of what you said.

Your tips are appreciated:thumbup: 

Yet another one of your WIPs that I love and am following with interest! There are too few really ambitious Technic aircraft MOCs so this is another refreshing idea.

My big question - assuming you are going to create some stickers to brighten up the fuselage: which airline livery are you going for? Or will it be 'Air BrickbyBrick'?

Edited by Paknaloid

11 minutes ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

I'm not sure I agree, but I will try it and see how it looks. In the case the not-as-swept wings look better, I'll also try to effectuate the rest of what you said.

Your tips are appreciated:thumbup: 

Had some more looks at photos of commercials and I've worked it out. Your leading edge is most probably ok but with the trailing edge it isn't often a straight line but has a "crank" in it so the wing is wide at its root and the trailing edge comes out almost perpendicular to the fuselage for a distance before then being angled back

51 minutes ago, Seasider said:

has a "crank"

The wing is missing the crank Thanks for making me realize that. Does that have a role in the "misshaping" of the wings?

1 hour ago, Paknaloid said:

Yet another one of your WIPs that I love and am following with interest! There are too few really ambitious Technic aircraft MOCs so this is another refreshing idea.

My big question - assuming you are going to create some stickers to brighten up the fuselage: which airline livery are you going for? Or will it be 'Air BrickbyBrick'?

Thanks alot! I'm glad you are interested in the project. Aircraft are lots of fun to build.

I'm thinking of going back after the plane is done and adding some colour. I don't want to worry about that for now, so I'm putting it off. I want to avoid stickers.

UPDATE TIME!

The plane itself is done. I just have to add color to it now. I think I'm gonna add some red or orange. WHICH COLOR SHOULD I ADD?

Here are the pictures:

IMG_5780

IMG_5783

The rear was fixed up:

IMG_5786

I went from wing setup 1 to wing setup 2 (see above post)

IMG_5784

Pilot's seats n stuff added:

IMG_5781

Please leave your comments and criticism as I will add some more stuff on Friday (School's starting). I hope to hear from you!

BrickbyBrickTechnic

It looks really good! The engines make all the difference, it gives the whole model more heft and substance.

Not sure about colour - maybe red or green. Not sure that orange would go with the blue tail, but I suppose it depends how you use it

Red White and Blue! Oops, you live in canada. Sorry. Ahem, try red...

It looks unrefined in areas.

Edited by Aventador2004

The engines are too close to fuselage which is too bulky for wings. I mean it is nice but I would try to build it with accordance to some blueprint. Go for short version of most popular jet liners like Airbus 318, I'm sure you will find plenty of material

55 minutes ago, Paknaloid said:

orange would go with the blue tail

The tail is getting replaced with a different color, no doubt:thumbup:

47 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

Sorry. Ahem, try red...

It looks unrefined in areas.

Yeah, I'm thinking red too. What areas? I'll try to fix them up.

46 minutes ago, Ivan_M said:

The engines are too close to fuselage which is too bulky for wings

The fuselage can't be fixed as it is full of mechanism, but I can move the engines:thumbup:

30 minutes ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Yeah, I'm thinking red too. What areas? I'll try to fix them.

I think the curved panels, tail wings, and cab top should be red in a stripe.

Just now, Aventador2004 said:

I think the curved panels, tail wings, and cab top should be red in a stripe.

I meant what areas look unrefined? I should have specified, sorry.

4 minutes ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

I meant what areas look unrefined? I should have specified, sorry.

Where you have two th?id=OIP.rLbTChbW4SsWr3IXlbZ_4AEsEs&pidin white instead of a (+00+) in areas.

Especially on cabin.

Wings look great and so does the tail area.

i agree that the engines are too close to the fuselage, need pushing out a few studs.

as to the colour, easily fixable with a few stickers

This is shaping up nicely. Scalingwise it is a bit confused between a small private jet (big chairs in the cockpit) and large jetliner (big engines below the wings).
The wings are angling backwards quite steep and aren't very wide either. The crank could do with a couple of stud more away from the fuselage to give the wing more heft. The engines can move with them.
You (plane's) rear end is miles better than in your previous plane. It can still improve though, as it is now does not yet have this nice continuous line of a real plane, but given the size of the plane it is a good compromise I would say

Keep up the good work

13 minutes ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

couple of stud more away from the fuselage to give the wing more heft. The engines can move with them.

The crank can be dealt with. I have already moved the engines outward (picture at bottom of post).

15 minutes ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

as it is now does not yet have this nice continuous line of a real plane, but given the size of the plane it is a good compromise I would say

Keep up the good work

I will replace some of the panels, maybe that will help. Thank you :classic:

2 hours ago, Seasider said:

need pushing out a few studs.

Picture below of pushed out engines:

IMG_5787

How's that?

Now looks much better. you are making it better and better step by step. Perhaps you should think about making cargo plane so you wont have to worry about passenger seats :look:

On 9/5/2017 at 10:13 AM, I_Igor said:

Perhaps you should think about making cargo plane so you wont have to worry about passenger seats :look:

Still debating, will make choices Friday. Gotta think about schoolwork:thumbup:

On 9/7/2017 at 1:43 AM, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Still debating, will make choices Friday. Gotta think about schoolwork:thumbup:

Well as a professor I can only suggest you that education is on the first place and fun will come. When you reach one respected level than even LEGO will be more affordable and with developing of mathematic, physic, chemistry and computer science skils you are developing your LEGO skils. Enjoy your school day.

Edited by I_Igor

On 9/7/2017 at 3:37 AM, I_Igor said:

mathematic, physic, chemistry and conputer science

My 4 favorite subjects :)

I'm gonna add the color red. Pictures tomorrow.

Nice work so far and it's nice to see that you are very open to suggestions. The wings could be wider, like @Jeroen Ottens said. It would give you a chance to have larger control surfaces - the ones you have now look too small in relation to the aircraft. 

11 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

My 4 favorite subjects :)

I'm gonna add the color red. Pictures tomorrow.

About those subjects - they are most hated here - legacy from time of yugoslavian dictatorship...and folowers of that system are raping education system with socalled curriculum reforms...they preach to have more computet science snd then they pull out sickle and hammer.

So in addition to this do not use to much red - it is also a color of death :wink: