Hi

Newbie around here, used to play with lego back in the days and somehow got back into it but this time as grown up and and adjusted gaming budget ended up buying some Lego Technics models along the way (mainly stuff with tracks :) ).

So got my hands on the 42065 Tracked Racer, really liked it but fell in love with the B-Model/Off Road Truck and started putting my two RC 5292 motors into it.

Here is a short video about the evolution to my so far "final" v5.3 Mod:

Short recap about the progress:

• replacing the two PF motors with the RCs, and going for an SBrick
  • increasing the wheel base and changing to 3:1 gearing,
  • then getting to know about the fuse inside the battery box,
  • adding suspension,
  • moving the battery up
  • increasing the wheelbase again to get two battery boxes inside and double the SBricks, and change to 1,667:1 gearing
  • Putting the RCs horizontal with a 2.5:1 gearing 

dh3GtWhxL2_HHYTX3vO__rBvJPslMc_zHCqeQQyZ

Currently working on:
  • Getting a GoPro attached
  • Getting it a bit water/splash proof to be able to go through some puddles (so far cling foil wrapping battery cases)

ToDo:

• Get some filminig done of the v5.3 with the 2.5:1 gearing
  • Getting the PS3 controller working on the Nexus 5 together with the SBrick

Future ideas
  • Improving suspension, weight is currently heavy on the rear 
  • Getting a winch into it on the rear or front
  • Automatic two gear box to get faster on plain surface and getting more torque when going through terrain, looking at sariels automatic two gear box so far, but it probadly wont fit 

p.s.
These are my first attempts at shooting videos as well, so bear with me ;-) .
Most of them are handheld from my Google Pixel while driving with my other hand on my old Nexus 5

Small update. Managed to make some short clips and throw them together. Hope you all like it :-).

p.s.:
I'm not sure why the resolution switches inbetween. The originals are all 1080 HD but when google puts them together it switches up and down within a video.

I really like the idea of rubber bands on the tracks, looks very nice and is clearly very good at adding the extra grip needed on the plastic parts.

Edited by TheQuoteMan

I was also surprised there is not many modifications of the B-model. In my opinion it was build to be modified. The flat bed after the cabin claims for modifications.

I did some improvements for kids. It has front plough that can be lowered by small motor and a tipping body behind cabin operated by another motor. I have to make some pictures and post them.

I would be really interested in how you attached and operated the front plow.

RL stuff happened, hence the long break but I got myself a Buwizz v2.

So 

V6.0 was just replacing the two battery boxes with the Buwizz and using the two SBricks remote. Very nice, but the new ludicrous mode of the Buwizz will fry the. SBricks....

V6.1 had the SBricks removed and used the Buwizz for control too. The Buwizz app is not that sophisticated as the SBricks but it works. Still it is though more  difficult to steer due the added power and the smaller interface used by the Buwizz app.

V6.2 adapted the chassis size to the smaller Buwizz. So far only tested indoors. Pics and videos will follow soonTM...

Edit

Here first look:

0eTPTT2id8veEUxe8Y5-T2IOgPC6RaUgP2cgkmVk

Edited by tamahandy
Added Photo of V6.2

So I did some modifications of B model. It has tipping body operated by L motor, plough raised by M motor. On the tipping body are super awesome bush and tree cutters installed by my 5 year old boy. Cutters can be manually folded back. See dropbox folder for more photos.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l9ut686kpby4c6w/AABXN2l_KEAJxuvGoGA3vnwKa?dl=0

4pGj-9KDf5jCP0cq-htT4s9pdpgcoZvEQUwBodwg

Edited by Kaero
spelling

It looks really fast. I really have to buy RC motors... Or at least one and make subtractor.