MOMAtteo79

[MOC] Lighthouse

Hi,  just want to share my moc of a lighthouse, will fit in a lego town but the idea was to recreate those wooden decorative lighthouses that you can buy as an ornament.

It's a sum of things with my ideas and others that i've seen in various creations, both mocs and lego orginal.

35 cm high and 387 pieces. I'm thinking of adding up a bit of tiling on the water and if they ever come cheap add seagulls from old fishing store (even tough they cannot "catch" fish :)

P.S. sorry for photo quality

36954057785_3cc5614998_c.jpgLEGO MOC - Lighthouse by Matteo M, on Flickr

36814395661_d18f168fc2_c.jpgLEGO MOC - Lighthouse by Matteo M, on Flickr

36814395551_4ea5fef4d6_c.jpgLEGO MOC - Lighthouse by Matteo M, on Flickr

36814395481_facb70c1d4_c.jpgLEGO MOC - Lighthouse by Matteo M, on Flickr

36145654893_54d38be7d4_c.jpgLEGO MOC - Lighthouse by Matteo M, on Flickr

Edited by MOMAtteo79

Looks really sweet and perfect for city layouts. I also like the choice of colour. The light blue stripes give a nice romantic softness to it. Red, for example, would have been a bit too harsh for it. As for the railing in the middle section: have you considered replacing that white 2x1 wall element with two spy glass pieces (#64644) and a 2x1 tile on top? that might fit better to the corner pieces. :classic:

Hi, thank you for your suggestions.

This is how it'll look. Indeed i tried in the various solutions this one too but i didn't like that much the gap at the bottom where you can see azure. Do you think it will look better this way? Panel isn't the definitive solution for me either :)

Cattura.JPG

2 hours ago, MOMAtteo79 said:

Hi, thank you for your suggestions.

This is how it'll look. Indeed i tried in the various solutions this one too but i didn't like that much the gap at the bottom where you can see azure. Do you think it will look better this way? Panel isn't the definitive solution for me either :)

Cattura.JPG

Ah yes. I agree that this isn't ideal. It would definitely stick out more, thanks to the gap on the bottom, than with the flat white panel. I can't think of a better solution either, so panels it is. :wink: