Kai NRG

Brickwall Memorial Park - Lighthouse of Seaweed Point

Here is my contribution to Brickwall Memorial Park!

Located as it is, in the port city of Fuerte Unido, the park offers a wonderful view of the Fuerte Unido lighthouse, known among residents as the Seaweed Point Lighthouse, or just "The Seaweed," when they're talking fast.  This name, of course, comes from the strange orange seaweed that can be found on the lighthouse rock and the rocky beaches near it during certain seasons of the year.

36810683711_005a6ecaf6.jpg

Not only is the strange seaweed and the lighthouse itself an attraction, but an ancient gnarled tree, somehow finding sustenance on the rocky beach itself, has proved a marvel to many visitors.

36810716541_0c548428be.jpg

This area of the park is rather retired and therefore often solitary; but it's not unlikely to become a prime spot in the years to come, considering the excellent view it has to offer.

36779238232_c5994fb6c4.jpg

The full build:

36779244432_813c981985.jpg

This would have been fun to build, if I hadn't left it for such a last minute. :pir-laugh:  But I couldn't help it, my rock pieces were tied up until just yesterday.  Trying out the orange for seaweed was enjoyable nonetheless, I took inspiration for it and the lighthouse itself from the Les Eclaireurs Lighthouse in Argentina.  And I found some random pictures of trees growing out of rocks, so that isn't such an imaginative stretch. :pir-grin:  C&C welcome!

I love the forced perspective in this build. Your rockwork is excellent as always, and the use of orange is well done. And the tree growing from the rocks is really cool. :thumbup:

Nice rockwock (as usual) and great forced perspective on the lighthouse. The scene as a windswept, almost gloomy feel about it that I think works very well. The orange highlights are different and very good, and that tree is superb!

Oh and I have seen many trees growing from cracks in rocks, so no need to worry about the realism!

Great job!

Really great that we got a build showing off the mesmerizing rocky surroundings of Fuerte Unido. Impressive perspective. Trying to study how you made the three is twisting my mind :pir-laugh:

Magnificent. I really need to figure out how to do forced perspective builds. But your's takes the cake Kai. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

On 9/1/2017 at 0:21 AM, Capt Wolf said:

I love the forced perspective in this build. Your rockwork is excellent as always, and the use of orange is well done. And the tree growing from the rocks is really cool. :thumbup:

Thank you Capt Wolf!

On 9/1/2017 at 5:42 AM, Faladrin said:

Nice forced perspective !

And the rockwork with the tree growing on it is excellent !

Great job !

Thanks Faladrin!  It had been way too long since I built some dark grey rock!

On 9/1/2017 at 6:35 PM, Ayrlego said:

Nice rockwock (as usual) and great forced perspective on the lighthouse. The scene as a windswept, almost gloomy feel about it that I think works very well. The orange highlights are different and very good, and that tree is superb!

Oh and I have seen many trees growing from cracks in rocks, so no need to worry about the realism!

Great job!

Thank you!  It took me a while to hit on the right color for the background but the black worked out well!

On 9/3/2017 at 4:09 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Fine miniature & forced perspective (once again).

Thanks Captain!

22 hours ago, Sir Stig said:

Really great that we got a build showing off the mesmerizing rocky surroundings of Fuerte Unido. Impressive perspective. Trying to study how you made the three is twisting my mind :pir-laugh:

Thank you!  Mesmerizing - perfect word. :pir-laugh:  As for the tree, I just stuck those tan pieces in wherever they'd fit. :pir_tong2:

13 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Magnificent. I really need to figure out how to do forced perspective builds. But your's takes the cake Kai. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks!  They're not so difficult, and like anything else, practice makes progress, so do try one out sometime!

The tree is a great addition to this build. I have seen several trees like this in my life (though none by the ocean) and you did a good job of portraying it. I like the forced perspective and the lighthouse. Well done. 

On 9/5/2017 at 3:25 PM, SilentWolf said:

The tree is a great addition to this build. I have seen several trees like this in my life (though none by the ocean) and you did a good job of portraying it. I like the forced perspective and the lighthouse. Well done. 

Thanks SilentWolf!  The tree was to a certain extent an afterthought, but I'm sure glad I added it!

Very nice lighthouse Kai, and great job with the rocks and tree - that third picture is great!  Ships trying to navigate the region probably won't thank you for taking up so much of the little room between the rocks with your pier, though :tongue: :laugh:  Jk, great work, especially for such a quick build as this!

4 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Very nice lighthouse Kai, and great job with the rocks and tree - that third picture is great!  Ships trying to navigate the region probably won't thank you for taking up so much of the little room between the rocks with your pier, though :tongue: :laugh:  Jk, great work, especially for such a quick build as this!

You're not supposed to go on THAT side of the lighthouse!! :pir-laugh:  Thanks Garmadon!

Amazing mix of microscale and minifigscale builds, I like the colours and undulating terrain is nicely done.

15 hours ago, Bodi said:

Amazing mix of microscale and minifigscale builds, I like the colours and undulating terrain is nicely done.

Thanks Bodi!  Mixing scales can be really rewarding!