Ayrlego

[COR - AUG FB] Bayonet Drill, Port Woodhouse

After completing his mission in Nova Malto, Major Bradley and his men are posted to the growing settlement of Port Woodhouse. There is however, no rest. His men have been issued with a new socket type bayonet and they begin drilling enthusiastically. Despite his previous musings, the targets are a nondescript tan colour... not greencoats!

36551526560_8551389706_c.jpg

A quick build to show of the new Brickarms bayonets I acquired for my redcoats. I've been feeling the need for some bayonets for a while now and finally got around to ordering some! Will be licensed as a small educational to bring Port Woodhouse up to Town status!

Edited by Ayrlego

Hum, bayonets, another Corries invention, this means you'll have more firepower than a traditional unit composed of muskteers, swordmen and spearmen. That's a huge progress!

As usual your ground is solid. The torsos are much better in nondescript tan than green :pir-laugh: It also makes them resemble sandbags.

22 hours ago, Bodi said:

Hum, bayonets, another Corries invention, this means you'll have more firepower than a traditional unit composed of muskteers, swordmen and spearmen. That's a huge progress!

I'm pretty sure they have featured here before - Captain Braunsfeld I'm sure uses them! But yes, we Corries are very progressive!

13 hours ago, Sir Stig said:

As usual your ground is solid. The torsos are much better in nondescript tan than green :pir-laugh: It also makes them resemble sandbags.

Thanks Sir Stig! I picked up a stack of plain dark tan torsos for another project and agree they work quite well as the targets!

Those Brickarms bayonets are sweet. I have some as well, but haven't had a good chance to use them yet, as I've focused my military builds on a slightly earlier time period. You've got a great little build here to show them off. Nice work on the ground, and overall well done! :thumbup: