neoconagenda

Flooded Collection

2 hours ago, neoconagenda said:

I guess I could have been more descriptive. These sets were all broken up on the floor. The water swirling around mixed everything up. Trust me this is not the way I wanted to do this but I have no time to sort 25,000 or so pieces. This is a really crap way to do this and that am sorry that it is going cut out people with more direct needs. You can always sort them out and sale what you don't need. I just don't have the heart to go through what was once a great collection and piece out my joy. I would rather rip it off like a bandage and deal with it all at once. 

Dont apologize Neoconagenda, its awful that this has happened but thankfully you are safe and well. Sell it as you like, no one will fault you for that :)

If I lived near you, I'd almost offer to rebuild them for you. My wife would probably hate me though. Unfortunately I don't think I have enough money to buy the whole lot. You're probably looking at $2000-$2500 or so depending on damage for the non top shelf items of Star Wars only. I guesstimate about $3400 if they were mint from my rough math.

Edited by Dukeside

I just went through a similar situation thanks to Harvey, although the water only peaked at a foot inside our house. (So you got a lot worse in that respect) In terms of what got wet, I lost most of my instructions because their container got submerged and about half of the sorted containers stored on the floor got flooded. (Those got cleaned up pretty quick though) Thankfully my displays were all above the water. 

I am looking at it as fate reducing the size of my collection. I was never going to downsize and the sets keep coming. I will hopefully get enough money out of the sale to get a proper display case for what I have left and buy the new MF. The real bummer is that whoever buys the technic sets will have to replace the motors. This is not going to be a purchase for the faint of heart. There will be a crap ton of sorting. When I get a chance I need to get on my rebrickable account and get a good part count. 

Edited by neoconagenda

I feel sorry about the flood in your home, you probably need to clear out mud and see if you can salvage any instructions, stickers, boxes. If the boxes aren't torn, try putting them under something heavy and dry them. as for parts, take out stickered parts and wash the rest in water. Good luck with claiming insurance for the more valuable stuff.

All the instructions and boxes are gone. As of now the stickers on the sets are holding up. I have not washed and rinsed them yet. I appreciate all of the well wishes from people. Thank you! 

Back from the dead post... I just wanted to let everyone know that I appreciate all of your support. I ended up selling the sw stuff to a guy in Dallas with a resale shop 

Technic stuff went to the northeast where a father and two sons will give it a go. 

As for me I have three sets now but don't feel sad. I am currently working on the new taj and both mf's. Will post pics when done. Thanks again. 

On 2/22/2018 at 11:23 PM, neoconagenda said:

Back from the dead post... I just wanted to let everyone know that I appreciate all of your support. I ended up selling the sw stuff to a guy in Dallas with a resale shop 

Technic stuff went to the northeast where a father and two sons will give it a go. 

As for me I have three sets now but don't feel sad. I am currently working on the new taj and both mf's. Will post pics when done. Thanks again. 

Glad to hear you are doing okay. Sorry you had to go through this. How is the rest of the place and family? Things coming back together?

Your home insurance covers it (along with other items in your house such as TV, furniture, clothing, etc).