Recommended Posts

Arthur Kellogg has put together some of the WETEC's best soccer players to enter into the New Terra Soccer Cup. Granted there are not a lot of soccer players among the WETEC as a new sport is taking hold, but there are still several. Thus he feels that he has put together a good enough team to make the WETEC proud. As they wait for the games to start, Arthur and several of the players decided to go see one of Trador's schools as all good Corrington minifigs would love to do. Education after all is the most paramount issue. Upon following the directions they received from the perplexed innkeeper, they have arrived at the school building at the end of a street of buildings.

36944326795_ac5d607070_z.jpg

They were a little surprised to see the one of the pupils on recess busy selling candy for a profit. As the captain of the team noted, "The Eslandola spirit must be born into them. They do indeed start young."

36756799896_87564c1acf_c.jpg

A little different angle: 

36944325585_66ba4b5c8f_z.jpg

Note: This is licensed as a small education building. I attempted to mimic the style presented on the Merchant's Quay, which is why I left the roof studs exposed and only why one side of the building is visible. (The other side would be connected to an adjoining building.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome!

Truly awesome!!! :D

The way you studied my building style, amazing! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, you hit a bull eye with the traditional Trador building style. The subtle color differences, yet good contrast. Especially impressed with the perfect amount of texture. :thumbup:

Also, I appreciate that you depict that:

Eslandolan education does not fit any single learning system. No matter who you are, or where you come from. There is always a way, and a place, for you in the money making machine of Eslandola! :pir-laugh: 

Edited by Sir Stig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great job copying the Trador style. I really enjoy seeing people build to match other builders' styles. I love the "gingerbread" look of the build. Great use of those microfigs and the tooth pieces, as well as the seagull. :thumbup:

Good luck in the soccer cup!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So many tan tooth pieces! :pir-grin:  Very nice build, I really like the subtle texture in the walls with rounds and cheese slopes!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great building Silentwolf, love the texture and details, especially the vertical tooth pieces. Fits in great with Maxim's port style and nice to see a school. Good luck in the tournament!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2017 at 2:19 PM, Maxim I said:

Awesome!

Truly awesome!!! :D

The way you studied my building style, amazing! :)

The problem with imitating another builders style is the lure of wanting to copy a specific portion verbatim. I soooo wanted to do it in tan and brown, but that was the colors for the WETEC building. Now I know why you picked those colors for my minifigs.:pir_tong2:

On 8/31/2017 at 2:43 PM, Sir Stig said:

Yes, you hit a bull eye with the traditional Trador building style. The subtle color differences, yet good contrast. Especially impressed with the perfect amount of texture. :thumbup:

Also, I appreciate that you depict that:

Eslandolan education does not fit any single learning system. No matter who you are, or where you come from. There is always a way, and a place, for you in the money making machine of Eslandola! :pir-laugh: 

Definitely, a singular goal even if the learning style is varied! :pir_laugh2: The texture was a fun part to add in as I don't think I have done this style of texture before to a physical build I have done, but have loved it on other builds I have seen. 

On 8/31/2017 at 2:48 PM, Capt Wolf said:

Great job copying the Trador style. I really enjoy seeing people build to match other builders' styles. I love the "gingerbread" look of the build. Great use of those microfigs and the tooth pieces, as well as the seagull. :thumbup:

Good luck in the soccer cup!

Always have to have an animal in the build. (Or almost always as I missed that in my last build.) I have been wanting to use the microfigs on a building since I got them and this was the secondary goal going into this building. 

On 8/31/2017 at 9:44 PM, Kai NRG said:

So many tan tooth pieces! :pir-grin:  Very nice build, I really like the subtle texture in the walls with rounds and cheese slopes!  

Two words on tan tooth pieces: Big Ben. :pir-classic: I specifically asked for that set for the multitude of tan pieces. They have come in handy this year! 

On 9/1/2017 at 5:14 PM, Ayrlego said:

Great building Silentwolf, love the texture and details, especially the vertical tooth pieces. Fits in great with Maxim's port style and nice to see a school. Good luck in the tournament!

Thank you! The texture has been a learning experience as I have studied everyone's builds, but I did like how this one turned out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.