Tezclatipoca

Brickwall Memorial Park - The Tropical Garden

The Brickwall Memorial Park : The Tropical Garden

As a part of the Brickwall Memorial, just next to the Courthouse there is an area left for the gardens to enjoy peace and tranquility.

Through those gardens, the Tropical Garden has been designed to better the knowledge of the local Flora of Isla de Victoria.

36923970275_ee0747525a_c.jpg

36115842173_bd0b251118_c.jpg

This is a place to chase some colourful butterflies flying around splendid flower beds.

36115873213_c7cf39154f_c.jpg

This is also a place to study some strange vegetal species the gardener in chief is commisionned to collect.

36115831823_2d35c35da4_c.jpg

But it's also a great place to rest and to enjoy its beauty and siting around the Brickwall statue is something the Eslandolan citizens are pleased to do.

36784173511_c8d96d48b7.jpg

36753056622_c1925ae5d5_c.jpg

After this Tropical Garden there is an access to the Greenhouse and a short path is leading to the Flower Garden, also parts of the Brickwall memorial.

Edited by Faladrin

Excellent tropical garden! There are a lot of elements to this build that I like: nice color among the foliage (where does that red bush piece come from?), good use of tiles to create some texture along the path, the lady with her butterfly net, parrots and a monkey (I'm so glad someone worked in a monkey!), and the Brickwall statue has an excellent pose! :pir-grin: A wonderful part of Brickwall Memorial Park! :thumbup:

That statue will haunt Mardier soldiers if they even dare to dream about taking on Eslandola again. Great use of the gear shift pieces for flowers. Seems like it is a good place to study fauna as well as the flora. Nice native contribution with the totems. I assume they are to keep evil spirits away :pir-laugh: 

I also wonder where both the red bush piece is from, and the other two color bush? And are they modified from different ones or do they come in bicolor?

Oh, and the blue flowers. I don't think I've noticed them in blue before this collaboration. I don't have any in my collection, so where is it from?

1 hour ago, Capt Wolf said:

Excellent tropical garden! There are a lot of elements to this build that I like: nice color among the foliage (where does that red bush piece come from?), good use of tiles to create some texture along the path, the lady with her butterfly net, parrots and a monkey (I'm so glad someone worked in a monkey!), and the Brickwall statue has an excellent pose! :pir-grin: A wonderful part of Brickwall Memorial Park! :thumbup:

There must always be a monkey.

Very creative use of those treasure chest tops! :thumbup:   Nice job on the vegetation too!

13 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

11 hours ago, Sir Stig said:

That statue will haunt Mardier soldiers if they even dare to dream about taking on Eslandola again. Great use of the gear shift pieces for flowers. Seems like it is a good place to study fauna as well as the flora. Nice native contribution with the totems. I assume they are to keep evil spirits away :pir-laugh: 

I also wonder where both the red bush piece is from, and the other two color bush? And are they modified from different ones or do they come in bicolor?

Oh, and the blue flowers. I don't think I've noticed them in blue before this collaboration. I don't have any in my collection, so where is it from?

There must always be a monkey.

Thank you guys !

The statue is based on the pose of Murion Brickwall who saved Felipe de la Manzana at the Bridge of Arbol.

Totems are here to repel plant monsters spirits yes, and are also here to remind that Eslandola is in good terms with the Native nations !

About the bushes : they are all official LEGO parts, the red one is in 2 parts, the classical green on top, and the red part is a base you can find in most of the Aquazone sets from the mid 90's. The second one is on the same aspect, a 2 part bush made of a green base and a classical tan upper part.

The azure blue flowers are from a Friends or Elves set and were bothered to my 5YO daughter ! :laugh: In fact, she helped me in the flower decoration and made the colour assortiment you can see on the flower beds.

And of course, there must always be a monkey !

5 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Very creative use of those treasure chest tops! :thumbup:   Nice job on the vegetation too!

Thank you Kai !

I started from this "silly" idea of using treasure chest tops for the railing around the pathway. I only imposed me this structure, the rest is my habitual tropical style, though I struggled a little bit to make fit correctly the liana around the palm trees trunk on the trees of the right side...

Nice garden Faladrin, I like the your contrasting informal style as opposed to Maxim's more formal gardens. It will make for nice diversity in the complex itself! The statue is nice if a bit spooky! Great job!

This build is beautiful but the chest railings on the walkway were what immediately caught my eye. I am going to have to use that concept in the future! Great job on the varied foliage and I like many of the unique usages you included. Great job. 

On 2 septembre 2017 at 0:10 AM, Ayrlego said:

Nice garden Faladrin, I like the your contrasting informal style as opposed to Maxim's more formal gardens. It will make for nice diversity in the complex itself! The statue is nice if a bit spooky! Great job!

Thank you !

The concept was exactly to be informal in opposition to the formal flower part. Great you noticed it !

The statue could be taken as a spooky one, but I wanted to keep my Murion Brickwall aspect, so I kept the same head I used in my Challenge entry.

On 2 septembre 2017 at 4:42 PM, Bodi said:

A lovely garden, great use of coffres on the sides of the path.

Thanks !

coffres ? You mean treasure chests ! :laugh: I think Oleon (french) terms are not very welcome here... :grin:

Yes, treasure chest were the main building restriction I imposed me on this garden.

On 3 septembre 2017 at 9:07 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Very good - this garden even has a monkey!

The statue, however, is rather strange, isn't it - kind of ghostly...

Thank you ! 

Yes, there has to be a monkey somewhere... :monkey:

Like I said the statue is spooky, or ghostly, because of its head, but I wanted to keep the Murion Brickwall aspect and of course it is better to have a spooky face to frighten Mardier's agents... :pir-laugh:

On 6 septembre 2017 at 0:19 AM, SilentWolf said:

This build is beautiful but the chest railings on the walkway were what immediately caught my eye. I am going to have to use that concept in the future! Great job on the varied foliage and I like many of the unique usages you included. Great job. 

Thank you !

Don't hesitate to use this technique ! Thank you !

Love those vines climbing that tree, Faladrin, and you certainly hit the tropical vibe with the rest of the vegetation as well! :pir-wink:  I'll second the others on the use of the treasure chest lids too!  A nice addition to the Brickwall park! :pir-sweet: