Sir Stig

Brickwall Memorial Park - Courthouse/Council Hall

36725181041_6e428aa2a5_z.jpg

The Council Hall and Courthouse of Fuerte Unido, designed by Victor Servadac and funded by the White Glove Order, drew inspiration from a building Servadac had passed in his youth on mainland Eslandola. It is part of the Royal Collaboration - Brickwall Memorial Park.

Spoiler

34569842632_a65c369f74.jpg

Cort Adelers gate 2, Oslo

36864776635_998e89a18b_z.jpg

Its width and height was a challenge to the builders, but Eslandolan craftmanship had proven to be creative in its ways.

36725645361_abbcababe2.jpg

Brickwork played a major part in the facade.

36864775965_63d6e71803.jpg

And the entrance was moderately decorated. Fitting for Eslandolans, who were well known for their modesty.

36864776925_129a865125.jpg

The foyer has a bookcase (mostly accounting and law books, but new history books are being printed), and a cabinet for welcome drinks of different sorts.

36725180661_9d75fc0b73.jpg         36864776375_e2a624fc1f.jpg

Today several prominent citizens of Eslandola have gathered to wait for Marquis Alkurda to get to the toast, so they can celebrate and start the feast. Old shipping crates serves as podium for the speaker. There are three reasons for this. First it is a symbol of our deep roots in trade. Second, it is a humbling experience for the speaker. And third, they are free and easily replaceable. The factory window on the south wall let in a lot of light, to keep candle costs down.

36032110444_d7ecc4d199.jpg

Going up the stairway,

36864776715_6d84773122.jpg

You get a birds eye view on the placement of the council chairs, facing each other in order to create more lively debates. The idea here is that opposing arguments will add more views, so decisions can be made on a better foundation. 

36864776525_908686202f.jpg

Upstairs is a room sparsely decorated, where council members can retreat to take a break in the somewhat uncomfortable couch (so they don't take too long breaks), and a desk for letter writing.

36864776195_034d2c3540.jpg      36864776785_befe80108b.jpg

The statues on the west wing are dedicated to the writers that have accurately recorded Operation KMA, the Eslandola-Mardier war, and forever secured the Brickwall family name in the annals of history. And to an old deluded man with a stick and bone.

All C&C welcome.

Edited by Sir Stig

It was fun seeing this build come along in your WIP updates. The final result does not disappoint! The interior turned out very nice, and I didn't come close to matching your excellent level of exterior detail. And I'm still laughing about the "old deluded man with a stick and bone"! :laugh: Very fun, and an excellent setting for the next session of the Colonial Council. :thumbup:

Great build Sir Stig, very impressive size!  I really like the climbing vines, and the statues too!  The interior is looking really good also, some very neat architectural details in there - I really like that black window with all the arches and the climbing open arch section behind the stairs is excellent as well! :thumbup: 

Great build ! I was really enjoying building in collab with you !

Nice to see it finished. I was wandering how you'll manage to build the roof, and it's a great roofing that you're offering us here!

I particularly like the interior with the council gathered in this splendid hall !

Excellent build !

A really fantastic build! So many great little details. I really like the overall style of the building, and how you guys have replicated the same style across the colab. I like the curve in the black roof and the dark tan highlights. The decorative pieces such as the wings and technic pieces are also a great touch. Great job and one I will be coming back to study again and again!

This is a lovely building both on the inside and the outside! I like the statues on the exterior, the design of the walls and the shape of the roof among other things. The interior is also exceptional with the staircase, windows and chairs taking particular note from myself. Also the floor tiling is well done and I am surprised how well the different color combinations work together, so I will have to try that in the future. There is so much more I could note on as this is an exceptional building. 

On 8/31/2017 at 9:19 PM, Capt Wolf said:

It was fun seeing this build come along in your WIP updates. The final result does not disappoint! The interior turned out very nice, and I didn't come close to matching your excellent level of exterior detail. And I'm still laughing about the "old deluded man with a stick and bone"! :laugh: Very fun, and an excellent setting for the next session of the Colonial Council. :thumbup:

I felt I had to balance my general pompousness :laugh:

On 9/1/2017 at 4:48 AM, Kai NRG said:

Great build Sir Stig, very impressive size!  I really like the climbing vines, and the statues too!  The interior is looking really good also, some very neat architectural details in there - I really like that black window with all the arches and the climbing open arch section behind the stairs is excellent as well! :thumbup: 

Glad you were able to see the black window. The toughest "color" to photograph. 

On 9/1/2017 at 9:54 AM, Faladrin said:

Great build ! I was really enjoying building in collab with you !

Nice to see it finished. I was wandering how you'll manage to build the roof, and it's a great roofing that you're offering us here!

I particularly like the interior with the council gathered in this splendid hall !

Excellent build !

Thank you. It is my first build that have nearly all floors tiled, and my first decent interior. Took me almost a year from start of idea to finished build. The roof was the hardest part, mostly because I did not have a plan for how the practical solution would be, so it took a few rebuilds to get it fastened in a satisfiable way.

On 9/1/2017 at 11:31 PM, Ayrlego said:

A really fantastic build! So many great little details. I really like the overall style of the building, and how you guys have replicated the same style across the colab. I like the curve in the black roof and the dark tan highlights. The decorative pieces such as the wings and technic pieces are also a great touch. Great job and one I will be coming back to study again and again!

Thanks! Some details are planned, others out of necessity. It was a very fun learning process, and I think it has helped my creativity.

On 9/3/2017 at 9:09 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Quite impressive!

Thank you! Impressions are important :wink:

11 hours ago, SilentWolf said:

This is a lovely building both on the inside and the outside! I like the statues on the exterior, the design of the walls and the shape of the roof among other things. The interior is also exceptional with the staircase, windows and chairs taking particular note from myself. Also the floor tiling is well done and I am surprised how well the different color combinations work together, so I will have to try that in the future. There is so much more I could note on as this is an exceptional building. 

When I took the pictures I was thinking that I should have had the stairs the opposite way, so it could represent an economic curve going upwards behind the speaker of the room. *knock on wood*

@Elostirion: I had planned to use your sigfig on the podium, but I don't think I have representative pieces for him. Maybe in some of my unsorted bulks. It is not a coup. I repeat, it is not a coup. :pir-laugh:

Also, I discovered that the link for the link to the building I drew inspiration from was broken. Fixed now.

Edited by Sir Stig

Nice building! I like how big it looks like, and the interior is finely decorated, must have taken you a lot of time to build it. I especially like the stairs.

Excellent build, Sir Stig, very elegant architecture features, and the interior - especially the council room - is very nicely done too :thumbup:  The vines, roof, statues and curved stone hedge on the side are some great details, just to name a few, and those bookshelves inside also are excellent! :pir-wink:

On 8/31/2017 at 0:51 PM, Sir Stig said:

Old shipping crates serves as podium for the speaker. There are three reasons for this. First it is a symbol of our deep roots in trade. Second, it is a humbling experience for the speaker. And third, they are free and easily replaceable.

:laugh: :roflmao:  Very Eslandolan...