Capt Wolf

Brickwall Memorial Park - Bell Tower

One of the first structures in Brickwall Memorial Park, once you are through the entrance gates, is the bell tower attached to the new Fuerte Unido city administration building.

01front.jpg

The bell rings every hour, symbolically spreading the message of freedom, prosperity, and cultural exchange, and as a reminder of the Brickwall family's sacrifice in the war with Mardier.

02angle.jpg

Small citrus trees, native to the southern coast of the island, have been planted around the building. It is expected that patrons of the park will be free to pick fruit from these trees, but these newly planted trees are not yet bearing fruit, so this young lady has stopped to smell the flowers...

03leaving.jpg

... and perhaps has met a friend.

04meeting.jpg

The caretaker of the bell tower takes a moment to get some fresh air and waves to park patrons below.

05caretaker.jpg

One more view of the bell tower...

07full.jpg

All C&C welcome.

I love it :wub:

You made took the inspiration build, incorporated that into another scene, made it more Lego, and then upped the realism. Gorgeously classic. It embodies the spirit of a school, a church and a town hall at the same time.

Now that's a nice looking building. :thumbup: 

I'm definitely going to copy that bell tower design. Thanks for sharing. :pir-classic: 

Awesome job Capt Wolf, you've nailed the style of architecture here!  The bell tower is great, so is the white and dark tan scheme! :thumbup:

Excellent tower !

It has a classical feeling but you modernised it at the time ! Congrats on that point !

White and dark tan scheme seems to be an excellent combination for Eslandolan builds !

Great job !

Edited by Faladrin

Yep, the previous comments nail this one! Fantastic! I love the way it matches the Courthouse so closely, yet is a completely different building. Those bottom floor windows keep catching my eye, and I have a feeling they will pop up in one of my builds at some stage! The tower itself is lovely as is the bell.

Great job all round, this is probably on of my favourite royal collaborations yet!

On 8/31/2017 at 3:43 PM, Sir Stig said:

I love it :wub:

You made took the inspiration build, incorporated that into another scene, made it more Lego, and then upped the realism. Gorgeously classic. It embodies the spirit of a school, a church and a town hall at the same time.

Thanks! I really liked the color scheme you had for your courthouse, so I wanted to use that to tie our builds together. Without your inspiration, my build wouldn't have looked nearly as good.

On 8/31/2017 at 3:56 PM, Phred said:

Now that's a nice looking building. :thumbup: 

I'm definitely going to copy that bell tower design. Thanks for sharing. :pir-classic: 

Thanks. I look forward to seeing what you do with the bell tower!

On 8/31/2017 at 9:50 PM, Kai NRG said:

Awesome job Capt Wolf, you've nailed the style of architecture here!  The bell tower is great, so is the white and dark tan scheme! :thumbup:

On 9/1/2017 at 3:47 AM, Faladrin said:

Excellent tower !

It has a classical feeling but you modernised it at the time ! Congrats on that point !

White and dark tan scheme seems to be an excellent combination for Eslandolan builds !

Great job !

Thanks both of you! Credit for the color scheme goes to Sir Stig.

On 9/1/2017 at 4:40 PM, Ayrlego said:

Yep, the previous comments nail this one! Fantastic! I love the way it matches the Courthouse so closely, yet is a completely different building. Those bottom floor windows keep catching my eye, and I have a feeling they will pop up in one of my builds at some stage! The tower itself is lovely as is the bell.

Great job all round, this is probably on of my favourite royal collaborations yet!

Thanks. Those windows were fun to build, so I'm glad that paid off; I look forward to seeing them in one of your future builds. And I was happy with how the bell turned out; I experimented with a coupe different designs.

And thank you also for the praise for the collab in general. It was a fun concept, and I think we kept things fairly connected.

The colors on this building are exceptional and work together very well. The wheel covers are a great addition above the windows, and add nice texture to the walls. I especially like the bell tower and how it is recessed from the building below it by one brick. Great job. 

Another great build from the greenies! You Eslandolans are quite unstoppable these days. I'm impressed by the size of this tower, nice job!

Edited by Bodi

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 5:22 PM, SilentWolf said:

The colors on this building are exceptional and work together very well. The wheel covers are a great addition above the windows, and add nice texture to the walls. I especially like the bell tower and how it is recessed from the building below it by one brick. Great job. 

Thanks! Credit for the color scheme goes to Sir Stig. The challenge for the tower itself was to create some texture and interest, so the wheel fenders really helped. They also helped carry over the design from the building to the tower. I also made sure each level of the tower was different. As for the recess, I used the same design in the bell tower for the church I built last year.

Just lovely, Capt, you're really a master of this sort of building.  Those tan stripes and details are fantastic, and the whole setup is very tastefully executed! :thumbup:  I really am going to have to see about getting some of those rounded window tops too, the way you use them!  A great way to wrap up this collab (though I don't know exactly what order they were posted in - anyways, this is the last one I've commented on, so :pir-laugh:), I'm sorry I wasn't able to make the time to participate!  I guess there's always a next time... :pir-wink: