Capt Wolf

Brickwall Memorial Park - Entrance Gate

Brickwall Memorial Park in Fuerte Unido, on Isla de Victoria (formerly Isla de Medio), is Eslandola's memorial to members of the Brickwall family who fell during the war with Mardier.

01full.jpg

The entrance is marked by two large white marble pedestals. The pedestals stand astride the Avenue of the Brickwalls, and each also includes a pedestrian archway.

02left_big.jpg

03right_big.jpg

Each pedestal is topped by a statue of a heroic member of the Brickwall family. On the left is a statue of Admiral Brickwall Adurnos, who was felled by a cannonball while attempting to break a Mardierian naval blockade. On the right is a statue of General Brickwall Murion, who fell at the Battle of the Bridge of Arbol.

06statue1.jpg      07statue2.jpg

A view from above the gate:

99above.jpg

And a view through the gate to the bell tower in the park (loosely inspired by this scene from my college campus):

98both.jpg

-------------

All C&C welcome.

That plate base variety emphasizes the builds so much better than regular baseplates. I love how the monumental statues (great niches also) stand tall to greet passersbys and the transition from the gate onto the ground. Firmly rooted :pir-wink:

Great proposition, layout and composition. Very cool how you bridged your contributions in the last picture.

Edited by Sir Stig

Another great section from you!  I really like the statues here, very imposing height for the pedestal too! :thumbup:  The entrance and then two arches on either side is really nice, looks like it could accommodate large crowds with ease!

This is a huge entrance ! The statues are throning high above the pedestrians !

Great gate ! the view from the gate to the tower is nicely done too !

Good job !

Lovely gate entry which fits well with the other buildings in the collab. Love the custom statues on each side of the gates and the smaller pedestrian entrances.

Impressive gate and building! I like the clean look of the build, the gravel path is superb and I like the chariot too.

Fantastic build Capt Wolf. It really captures the image you based it off of. I love how it's kind of minimalistic, but still very elegant. Your University is a Hell of a lot nicer then mine, by the way.

Those are some amazing gateways. I really like the effects you have created with the bell tower in the rear. I also love the carriage.  

Thanks to everyone for the comments! This royal build was a fun collab.

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 3:35 PM, Sir Stig said:

That plate base variety emphasizes the builds so much better than regular baseplates. I love how the monumental statues (great niches also) stand tall to greet passersbys and the transition from the gate onto the ground. Firmly rooted :pir-wink:

Great proposition, layout and composition. Very cool how you bridged your contributions in the last picture.

Thanks. Regarding the base, I had to give it some character. Just a rectangular 16 x whatever would have been boring. And I thought about doing more detail with the niches, but I was running out of time and pieces!

And that last picture was something I wanted to do from the moment I started this build. I had some grander plans for connecting them, but in the end I just did a quick mock-up.

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 9:52 PM, Kai NRG said:

Another great section from you!  I really like the statues here, very imposing height for the pedestal too! :thumbup:  The entrance and then two arches on either side is really nice, looks like it could accommodate large crowds with ease!

Thanks. And of course there will be plenty of large crowds flocking to the royal park!

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 3:44 AM, Faladrin said:

This is a huge entrance ! The statues are throning high above the pedestrians !

Great gate ! the view from the gate to the tower is nicely done too !

Good job !

Thanks. The statues had to be high enough to indicate the entrance from a distance, and to convey the size of the entire park.

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 5:12 PM, Ayrlego said:

Lovely gate entry which fits well with the other buildings in the collab. Love the custom statues on each side of the gates and the smaller pedestrian entrances.

Thanks! The pedestrian archways are one of my favorite details of this gate.

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 7:09 AM, Bodi said:

Impressive gate and building! I like the clean look of the build, the gravel path is superb and I like the chariot too.

Thanks. I thought a royal build should be clean. The carriage is from a previous build, but it makes appearances in my builds now and then.

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 2:07 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Elegant!

Thanks. Only the best for the Brickwalls!

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 6:53 PM, Mesabi said:

Fantastic build Capt Wolf. It really captures the image you based it off of. I love how it's kind of minimalistic, but still very elegant. Your University is a Hell of a lot nicer then mine, by the way.

Thanks ! Yeah, the inspiration image really helped. As for minimalistic, I did want to do a little more, but just ran out of time and pieces.

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 4:47 PM, SilentWolf said:

Those are some amazing gateways. I really like the effects you have created with the bell tower in the rear. I also love the carriage.  

Thanks! Real life inspiration always helps.

:wub: Just love the composition of this build, Capt Wolf - those arches and pedestals are perfect, and the setting really captures the grand look of the park entrance!  The minifigs and carriage are a very nice addition as well, and I keep my carriage based on the same original design on my desk for whenever I get a chance to use it too :laugh: :thumbup:  Overall a great build.