Jim

[PRESS RELEASE] 75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017

Yes, mine has finally shipped too. Now lets see how fast it will get to Australia via express.

On a side note, how long after the item has shipped do they decide to charge your credit card? Been over a year since  I have purchased anything off Lego online.

My card was charged as soon as it went from "backordered" to "in warehouse" about 2 days ago. Wish they would hurry up and send it...

Finally got a posting date of the 10th so I hope to have mine In a week....

So what was the deal with the Black MF VIP card?  Was that only for a certain number of orders?  Was it for all regions?  My MF was delivered this past weekend, not sure if I should have expected to get a black VIP card or not.  There was not one in the box.

Limit reduced to 1 and you don’t seem to be able to add it to your wish list anymore... Hopefully means Lego can catch up a bit. 

Btw, does anyone have an idea where to get a fitting display cabinet for this monster?

All I can find are display cabinets with mulitple small shelves instead of one big one...

18 minutes ago, BigEl said:

Btw, does anyone have an idea where to get a fitting display cabinet for this monster?

All I can find are display cabinets with mulitple small shelves instead of one big one...

You'll have difficulty finding a cabinet this will fit due to the depth, you might want to consider something like this

http://www.puredisplay.com/pureshop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=6109&idcategory=143

1 hour ago, aukevin said:

So what was the deal with the Black MF VIP card?  Was that only for a certain number of orders?  Was it for all regions?  My MF was delivered this past weekend, not sure if I should have expected to get a black VIP card or not.  There was not one in the box.

First 20,000 I think. And I think they send it separately to your billing address

I ordered mine about hour after it went on sale on release day (as soon as the website started responding basically). I received an email earlier today saying it's been shipped.

I better get one of those cards !!!

2 hours ago, aukevin said:

1 hour ago, ElectroDiva said:

First 20,000 I think. And I think they send it separately to your billing address

I ordered mine about hour after it went on sale on release day (as soon as the website started responding basically). I received an email earlier today saying it's been shipped.

I better get one of those cards !!!

Go back a page, I discussed it. Yes, you will both get one. It doesn't come with the Falcon, it will be mailed to your shipping address (up to 6 weeks). It doesn't matter what country you are in. 

Funny. No mail from LEGO saying my order has dispatched. And yet, it has been and according to track and trace on their website it will be delivered today!

Black VIP Cards

Do not worry everyone who order the falcon will receive there own personal card within 6 weeks. 

Correction, the card is NOT for the first 20,000 people, that number is an estimatation by LEGO on how many people they think people will get the black card by the end of this year. Also yes, LEGO did think that about 20,000 people would buy the falcon by the end of this year but looks like they got a surprise on day 1....

Oh, if none of you guys knew the black VIP card is only for people who buy the falcon within this year. But I think they might extend this due to the great success and failure on the first day of sale. 

So do the stores in London get like a weekly shipment I could camp out for? I hope they don't pre-order every single one and people can walk-in for them.

I'm moving in 2 weeks back to London and desperately want this Lego ship. I plan to get one by camping if I can. Anyone know the schedule the London stores have for restocking?

1 hour ago, BrickG said:

So do the stores in London get like a weekly shipment I could camp out for? I hope they don't pre-order every single one and people can walk-in for them.

I'm moving in 2 weeks back to London and desperately want this Lego ship. I plan to get one by camping if I can. Anyone know the schedule the London stores have for restocking?

I've called a couple of times and stopped by in person a few times. It really is pot luck at the minute, as the staff I've spoken to have just shrugged and said they'll have more stock in by Xmas. deliveries are on Monday apparently but they didn't have any falcons this week.

6 hours ago, BrickG said:

4 hours ago, Wonderpants said:

I've called a couple of times and stopped by in person a few times. It really is pot luck at the minute, as the staff I've spoken to have just shrugged and said they'll have more stock in by Xmas. deliveries are on Monday apparently but they didn't have any falcons this week.

They really should be taking orders for people who walk in. Put them on a wait list and contact them when theirs come in. Take a deposit if need be. It's the only fair way to it. I'd be pretty peeved if I'd pre-ordered and someone walked in and by sheer chance managed to get one just by being in the right place at the right time. 

Just now, Markalus said:

They really should be taking orders for people who walk in. Put them on a wait list and contact them when theirs come in. Take a deposit if need be. It's the only fair way to it. I'd be pretty peeved if I'd pre-ordered and someone walked in and by sheer chance managed to get one just by being in the right place at the right time. 

Why are you all acting as if this is going to be some EXTREMELY limited thing that they're just going to stop making after a few months.  It's not.  Just because some of you need to have it now-now-now-now-now-now-now-now doesn't mean that it is going to be some insanely limited edition item.  

There is no need for them to create a wait list like that because everyone who TRULY wants one is going to be able to get one.  Just have some freaking patience for an $800 Lego set.  Good lord. 

I wasn't going to complain about this as I am a patient person, but today I got really mad at TLG about the whole shortage debacle.

I took the day off work to get to the lego store (Belgium) on VIP release day, to be able to get a kit. I got there shortly before the store opened, but there were a lot of people in front of me already. They had a waiting list, so I got on there. I called them a few times to see how much I had moved up on the list - but it wasn't enough to be able to buy one yet. Today, I went to the store and they said they weren't expecting deliveries anymore this year. This is not a disaster for me, I am a patient person after all.

However, this also means I would not be entitled to the black card and the unclear advantages it brings, as I will not be able to buy the kit this year.

This makes me really, really mad. There is nothing more I could have done to get one (couldn't get to the store earlier (say 2 hours before opening time) as I have kids that need to get to school on a weekday, too). I could not order it online as I was queuing in the store at the time they appeared on the website, and by the time I got home they were sold out. TLG lure you to the store with promises of the collectible cards, some star wars goodies, the black VIP-card, .... and when push comes to shove they don't even have a third of the kits needed to meet demand in the first second (literally) of the release.

So now, I patiently continue to wait until Lego will let me part with €850 of my hard-earned cash and grant me the privilege of getting a shot at buying a toy kit...

Sorry about the rant, I know lots of people have the same problem and you've all heard it before. I just think TLG made a huge mistake here, letting a lot of the fans down. I can't believe they are so out of touch with their customer base that they allowed this to happen - not used to that from them. I hope they make amends, by extending the black card offer and offering the same benefits they promised 'early buyers' or something.

2 hours ago, mva5580 said:

Why are you all acting as if this is going to be some EXTREMELY limited thing that they're just going to stop making after a few months.  It's not.  Just because some of you need to have it now-now-now-now-now-now-now-now doesn't mean that it is going to be some insanely limited edition item.  

There is no need for them to create a wait list like that because everyone who TRULY wants one is going to be able to get one.  Just have some freaking patience for an $800 Lego set.  Good lord. 

Did someone get out the wrong side of the bed this morning? Calm down buddy, there's no need for excessive uppercase or multiple "nows" to emphasise your opinion. In case you hadn't noticed, this is a forum for Lego Star Wars fans. Fans who have the opportunity to own what is arguably the most iconic set in the history of Lego so I think their excitement is understandable. FYI, my copy arrived two weeks ago.

Edited by Markalus

I actually agree with @mva5580 within reason.

We want the VIP card and the double points sure... but not the end of the world to keep waiting. I'm a huge fan too and I get it. Let's relax my peeps.

I think what mva5580 is trying to say (and correct me if I'm wrong) is that a lot of people have tried to overcome a lot of hurdles to try and get the Falcon... and have been unsuccessful, so if you have the Falcon, just be grateful you've managed to get hold of one, I think is what the message here is.

Edited by Tariq j

The VIP card doesn't hold any more value to me than a Certificate of Authenticity that comes with a Gaming Heads statue or the like... Nice to have, but no $ value..

Edited by kiwiatlarge

I haven't been following Lego news as frequently as I used to, so when I went to the local Lego store  I was caught off-guard seeing for the first time (The price caught me off guard too). It looks absolutely impressive. Now all I need is the money to afford it. :grin:

They had plenty in LEGO House in Billund, but Danish price is even steeper (about 950 euro). I was there on pre-opening event and they had forty (40). At the end of the day they still had 15+ and they started un-packign them, to put them on shelves. So, here you can see rare case of ussing cutter knofe near falcon. :)

So, maybe give them a call? Plane to Billund is THAT expensive if you really NEED the set. :)

falcon.jpg

28 minutes ago, Cwetqo said:

They had plenty in LEGO House in Billund, but Danish price is even steeper (about 950 euro). I was there on pre-opening event and they had forty (40). At the end of the day they still had 15+ and they started un-packign them, to put them on shelves. So, here you can see rare case of ussing cutter knofe near falcon. :)

So, maybe give them a call? Plane to Billund is THAT expensive if you really NEED the set. :)

falcon.jpg

I’m visiting Lego House in under 2 weeks! :cry_happy: If they have one, it’s coming home with me. I’ll keep you guys posted on what I find!