Jim

[PRESS RELEASE] 75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017

5 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

What country are you in if you don't mind me asking? Aussie here and aus post is still "processing" mine in Sydney :cry_sad:

Brikkyy13, I'm guessing yours, mine and every other Aussie who managed to get one is sitting on the same pallet in 'Alexandria'...since Friday :sceptic: It took less than 24hrs to get from Denmark to Sydney FFS. I'm not holding my breath for a delivery this week but you never know. 

6 hours ago, NikhilR said:

Nice to meet a fellow figma collector!

I meant having preordering in the case of just this one set with set delivery windows and no fixed shelf life. That way it becomes made to order in perpetuity so people can take their time and there's no scalper interference.
The preordering in this case would be more like sideshowcollectors than goodsmile, and since its just for this one set, the development time can be segregated from other sets. It also saves all the running around and site crashing.
They could also have the sets in the stores, but having preordering and payment clan eases the traffic for this one set and spreads interest over a long period of time.

Of course if someone misses out on a preorder despite knowing it's deadline, that's unfortunate, but they can get in on the next production cycle.

With the current approach, lego will be producing this set like mad given the VIP rush and eventually end up with a surplus past Christmas as the sales trickle down in the off season.
I hope instead that they keep the production going and release the set in batches, in some way its kinda working like preorders, since they now have an estimate of how many people want the set so I can see multiple production cycles with everyone eventually getting this set.

I see what you mean, but even Sideshow, or Hot Toys for that matter, is a poor example. I mean, when is the next cycle for the OT stormtroopers gonna be? Cause I wasn't collecting HT back then and I would like a couple now ... and demand is clearly there. See what I mean?

1 hour ago, Markalus said:

Brikkyy13, I'm guessing yours, mine and every other Aussie who managed to get one is sitting on the same pallet in 'Alexandria'...since Friday :sceptic: It took less than 24hrs to get from Denmark to Sydney FFS. I'm not holding my breath for a delivery this week but you never know. 

It really is a joke, what are they doing that makes it take so long? Just checked my UCS Snowspeeder order from May, and it says arrived at Alexandria on 2/5/17 and delivered on 12/5/17, maybe we'll get lucky and this will follow suit. Getting it on the 25th would be awesome. 

2 hours ago, Markalus said:

I hate the waiting game to come over to Australia. I've ordered enough lego now that I know that when it says it is in "Alexandria" that it is still coming from overseas. The manifest has just been created, that's all. I've always opted for the free postage because express is always something like $80 for a $300 set. I didn't want to wait 2 weeks to a month so I thought the extra $100 wasn't too bad on this set considering. That was until it went to backorder the second I paid for it.

$100 is too much for postage imo though... I know you're excited to build but you are one of the few to actually get the thing. To each their own.

3 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

It really is a joke, what are they doing that makes it take so long? Just checked my UCS Snowspeeder order from May, and it says arrived at Alexandria on 2/5/17 and delivered on 12/5/17, maybe we'll get lucky and this will follow suit. Getting it on the 25th would be awesome. 

When I first read your dates I thought 10 months! Wow!!! Then I remembered other countries go day/month/year. :)

My MF arrived yesterday, eventually! The package was a bit damaged, just like the Lego box inside (the one with the logos). The set box itself featured a slight crack at the back, so it didn't arrive in a mint condition, unfortunately, but good enough for me because I couldn't wait to open it up anyway (and it's the back).

The black box is not only heavier than expected, but also superb, and so are the four smaller boxes inside, featuring some quotes about the Falcon, as you know, but also the translation coming literally from the French dubbed version of the old trilogy films — while I've seen 'retranslations' being used on other occasions, as was the case in the rather unconvincing French dub of the "Blue Harvest" episode of Family Guy. (Contact me if you want to read more about that ;).)

BTW, customer service called me this morning because I was worried about my package not arriving as quickly as expected; I was told that they had "thousands" of orders and that it took a little more time than usual to ship the ordered boxes — and they're still doing that, probably. The operator said he missed out on the MF but that he was hoping to get one as soon as it would come back in stock, Lego factories working at maximum capacity for producing more pieces for more copies so that they're available before Christmas. I wanted to reassure him by saying it'd be available for many years, to which he replied that he wasn't sure about that, but confident about 2018 at least. When I gave a comment about the condition of the delivered box, I said it was slightly cracked and I was told I had the option of sending it back and that I'd have to wait for them to get a new box printed and sent to me, but I can't be bothered. If I were to buy another one, I'd buy one from the store to make sure it's 100% mint — that's precisely what I'll do when I buy the Ghostbusters HQ some time in the future.

However, no hope of getting a replacement Force Friday II poster — I had received the Saturday version instead of the Friday version (and I got the Saturday version at the Wijnegem Lego Store on 2 September) — all posters are gone, now… The operator told me that they had a huge demand because of the triple VIP points and the FO Heavy Assault Walker polybag. Too bad, but I understand. :( But hey, I've got the real thing and after a bit of bags sorting (that takes up a full kitchen table) I've started building the frame ;)

1 hour ago, Cyanide-Tipped said:

When I first read your dates I thought 10 months! Wow!!! Then I remembered other countries go day/month/year. :)

I was thinking the same thing initially.  It was the deliver date of December 5, 2017 that clued me in something wasn't quite right with that picture.

Carl

5 hours ago, Bolingbroke said:

I see what you mean, but even Sideshow, or Hot Toys for that matter, is a poor example. I mean, when is the next cycle for the OT stormtroopers gonna be? Cause I wasn't collecting HT back then and I would like a couple now ... and demand is clearly there. See what I mean?

With sideshow/hottoys's every product is a preorder, that is why they have to stop production of one product to start another. They are a lot smaller than the lego company and their products aren't compatible with each other (no brick redistribution).
Also interest in products keeps fluctuating and is heavily influenced by licensing.

In the case of lego the UCS falcon can only be trumped by another UCS falcon (estimated release, 2027). If they followed the preorder model for just this one set, it would ease their distribution and you won't have AFOL's lining up outside the lego stores. That way everyone knows when they'd expect a copy down the line and you'd definitely get one.

Also the way lego caters to kids is different from adults. Adults usually walk into a store knowing what they're buying. It is unlikely that an adult would walk in wanting to by the falcon and then settle for a lego modular building because latter is cooler (sarcasm). Kids on the other hand will attempt to buy both until they have to settle for one or something else entirely depending on who has the credit card.

So the only people preordering will be adults with the responsibility to honor payment. You won't have adults fighting kids for sets at the store. Would hate to be a parent to a child waiting in line for a set only to realize some scalper bought the last 3. Its one thing for this to happen online, completely different when you're in the line with them

And I think they will release more OT style stormtroopers around the time of the han solo movie. So hang in there!

1 of the 2 Lego stores in my area had 5 more in the warehouse for delivery today to the store. Lined up for hours and got the 1st one of the 5! Kids are ecstatic after making sure I woke up at an ungodly hour in the morning to go line up for them. Can't wait to see their faces when they get home from school. The things we do for our kids. A manager at one location said don't expect to get anymore till next year some time. 

Edited by ds760

Mine turned up today, most outer box was damaged, but the inner brown box and black box were all ok.  Inner packaging that holds the instructions was damaged though- creased and ripped in one corner.  Inner boxes are ok and the instruction book isn't marked so not too bothered.  I might ask Lego to send another instruction tray though.  I can only guess it was packed with the damage already there.

1 hour ago, ds760 said:

1 of the 2 Lego stores in my area had 5 more in the warehouse for delivery today to the store. Lined up for hours and got the 1st one of the 5! Kids are ecstatic after making sure I woke up at an ungodly hour in the morning to go line up for them. Can't wait to see their faces when they get home from school. The things we do for our kids. A manager at one location said don't expect to get anymore till next year some time. 

Lovely! Congratulations!

11 hours ago, Markalus said:

Look at Auspost tracking site using the number. They have not arrived is Alexandria, they have had their shipping details approved and processed. They wouldn't have even arrived yet

It says as much in legos shipping information to Australia. You won't know where it is until it arrives un Australia and gets into the Auspost system.

2 hours ago, Boba-Fett-13 said:

Look at Auspost tracking site using the number. They have not arrived is Alexandria, they have had their shipping details approved and processed. They wouldn't have even arrived yet

It says as much in legos shipping information to Australia. You won't know where it is until it arrives un Australia and gets into the Auspost system.

Then why would the DHL tracking site say "arrived at destination location Alexandria business hub" with a time/date stamp approx. 24hrs after the package was "picked up"? The delay is at this end. Auspost only update the tracking info once it's moved to the local sorting facility or post office and delivery is imminent. Auspost are notoriously slow, as are local customs. I've received enough packages to know this. 

BTW, they have definitely started to arrive in the country, Down Under Bricks just posted an unboxing video...I Iove his reaction :laugh: 

Edited by Markalus

Called LEGO CS last week about the back order and was told shipping would be 8th Nov. Tried again today and that has changed to 25th Sept. Next week! If true, WOOP!!

4 hours ago, Markalus said:

BTW, they have definitely started to arrive in the country, Down Under Bricks just posted an unboxing video

Probably got it expressed posted, I guess if you have a YouTube channel you would pay the extra $$$

If bakcorder shipping does not start by end of September then what does that say for the official release date on the 1st of October? That either gets postponed or they start selling new sets to new customers while they still have customers waiting. That would be bad business practice. 

I suspect all backorders will be sent by the end of the month.

Edited by TheLegGodt

My shipping status hasn't changed since it made it in to Auckland... and I've realised there is no 'signature required' for it. Yet another reason why I think I'll stick to getting my lego either shipped from Mighty Ape, or bought locally from Toyworld.. Mighty Ape reinforce their packing, and I can request a package not to be left unattended and still not pay anything for shipping. I'm not a great fan of having parcels delivered by the Post Service..

3 hours ago, TheLegGodt said:

If bakcorder shipping does not start by end of September then what does that say for the official release date on the 1st of October? That either gets postponed or they start selling new sets to new customers while they still have customers waiting. That would be bad business practice. 

I suspect all backorders will be sent by the end of the month.

I was told by customer service that my backorder was expected to ship in early November. There won't be any sets for 1st of October and if you didn't manage to place an order on the 14th, it is going to be difficult to get this set in 2017.

Edited by Scarecrowman

This is what I just received,

We anticipate that set 75192 Millennium Falcon™ V29, will be re-stocked on October 11, 2017. Please note that all back order dates are subject to change.

Occasionally, items are out of stock making it necessary for us to place part of an order on a backorder status. In stock items are shipped immediately and backordered items are shipped as quickly as possible as they become available. Shipping charges quoted when orders are placed are divided over all shipments needed to complete order.

Please accept our apology for the backordered delay, and our assurance that you have not been billed for the item(s). We received pre-authorization to bill your credit card at the time you submitted your order, but billing never occurs until the product ships.

We want to make sure we're doing a good job for you, so you’ll always find the link to a four-question survey in our emails. Please tell us how we did today:

LEGO Survey link 

Please let us know if you need anything else.

I was originally given the 11th October Date, mine is now showing as "in Warehouse" - looks like they had been giving worst case scenario estimates.