Jim

[PRESS RELEASE] 75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017

Just checked my local craigslist someone got one at the store I went to and they are reselling it for $2000. Hope they are on welfare bought it on their credit card and never are able to sell it paying 20% a day interest for the rest of their lives. A$$hole can choke on it.  

Its the American way make the big bucks but i  would tend to  agree go choke on it more to come shortly I can wait!!! Theirs a sucker born every minute!!

The Lego Store in Troy, MI got 12. I got there about 5 AM and I was number 12. 13 showed up about 10 minutes after me and waited in line anyways hoping someones credit card didn't work. While she waited in line they had their laptop out and were trying to make an order, plus she was on the phone.  Felt bad for her!! Don't think she got one. 

The guy who was number 1 got there at midnight. He kind of cheated, since he works at the mall, not the Lego Store, but somewhere else. So when he got out of work he just started the line. 

Mall security was there and was cool. They hung out with us for a while. Talked to everyone. Held my spot in line while I used the bathroom. 

The staff was awesome, giving us freebies. The brochure, 2 of the 3 prints, and a couple of polybags. They didn't have any of the Episode 7 print, but they had the 2 from Empire, asteroid field and space slug. 

About quarter to 10, they started letting 2 at a time in the store to make their purchase.

Out of the 12 they had, 8 had wheels. Mine didn't. Carrying it sucked. 

Drove an hour and half back home. Took a nap, now I am off to build. Wish me luck!!

Well my order just shipped after sitting at in warehouse all day and after receiving my confirmation email 12 hours after i ordered.

Now the waiting game as it makes it way to Auatralia.

Just now, Boba-Fett-13 said:

Well my order just shipped after sitting at in warehouse all day and after receiving my confirmation email 12 hours after i ordered.

Definitely going to take longer than 12 parsecs.

9 hours ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

The following message now appears on the product page.

Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 2.50.22 PM.png

Hopefully this will encourage them to make even bigger sets - I want a 10,000 piece ISD (or similar) - there are so many outstanding MOCs out there of this size, that frankly Lego should just copy them directly..

And for God's sake make a UCS AT-AT!!

RE the Falcon - looks to me like the smart thing to have done would have been to buy 3 online, then eBay them, flip them for a £600 profit, then just essentially get a free one when they re-release more on the original October 1st release date.

15 minutes ago, joebiwankenobi said:

Definitely going to take longer than 12 parsecs.

If it is anything like the motorcycle parts i got from Italy last week it will get to Australia faster than it takes to move it 5 suburbs.

16 minutes ago, Malthus101 said:

RE the Falcon - looks to me like the smart thing to have done would have been to buy 3 online, then eBay them, flip them for a £600 profit, then just essentially get a free one when they re-release more on the original October 1st release date.

I don't think they'll have any on the 1st.

And buying three to flip at a profit? Have you read the last few pages of the thread? Are you missing the general mood of people that are genuinely wanting to buy one?

There most definitely should have been a limit of 1. NOBODY but scalpers need more than 1 on day one. They should also have some sort of pre-order system to prevent this mad rush and instant sell out. I realise that Lego has sold out of all its initial production (or release, I suspect they're holding more back for october 1st) but at least it would have prevented the website crash, and the unhappy potential customers.

1 hour ago, Boba-Fett-13 said:

Likewise.. International Post can be a drag. I've had CDs take a couple of weeks from Aus, and much longer than that from Amazon. I was given a 3 day freight option with the MF, but the price was pretty high. 

Just now, Flandy said:

There most definitely should have been a limit of 1. NOBODY but scalpers need more than 1 on day one. They should also have some sort of pre-order system to prevent this mad rush and instant sell out. I realise that Lego has sold out of all its initial production (or release, I suspect they're holding more back for october 1st) but at least it would have prevented the website crash, and the unhappy potential customers.

I agree, but then in saying that, we have friends who buy through a single account who were talking about getting one each. And until I created an account we had talked in the past at home of asking them to order certain UCS from Lego for me.

42 minutes ago, Flandy said:

(or release, I suspect they're holding more back for october 1st) 

They released a statement saying they underestimated the VIP demand and therefore will be out of stock Oct. 1st and will be unsure of when it will be available again.  I'll try and find a picture of it.

Here it is:

CzkIVS7.png

Edited by TheRacker

Didn't manage to get one ordered before it went to back order.  Just had a look at my account as I'd ordered a few other bits too and it is now showing as "In Warehouse"!  Looks like it might be coming sooner than I thought it would!  TBH I was expecting it to be shipping beginning of October.

Doesn't look like its going to be available again any time soon, so glad I managed to get one ordered.

Edit- to add, at what point do VIP points get added to your account, when the purchase is shipped?

Edited by Quothcorvus
Additional question.

2 hours ago, Boba-Fett-13 said:

If it is anything like the motorcycle parts i got from Italy last week it will get to Australia faster than it takes to move it 5 suburbs.

S@H shipping to Australia has been pretty atrocious for me. Normally takes 3 weeks for me.

Aussies, do we have to declare this one? It ships from Denmark and costs over the $1000 threshold but we bought it from an aussie site and paid the GST in it? I'd be devastated if it gets confiscated by customs.

39 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

S@H shipping to Australia has been pretty atrocious for me. Normally takes 3 weeks for me.

Aussies, do we have to declare this one? It ships from Denmark and costs over the $1000 threshold but we bought it from an aussie site and paid the GST in it? I'd be devastated if it gets confiscated by customs.

Oh wow I didn't think of that! 

57 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Fairly certain that they have already factored in the GST in the price. Lego get the bill from the Government and then they pay the GST. I thought they recently scrapped the import tax threshold and all imports were now taxed back to the shipper.

In other news I just chatted to Lego about my back order. Apparently my order is set for 06 Dec! :(

Just now, SeanRicho said:

In other news I just chatted to Lego about my back order. Apparently my order is set for 06 Dec! :(

Wait... what ? 6th Dec ??? Oh my, it seems that it will be availalble again on the webstore next year :(

I just checked my order. There is a VAT included in the price. We don't have a VAT here. Now I'm hoping it isn't going to cost us Aussies another ~$130 just to get this thing into the country when there isn't realistically a viable option of going to a brick and mortar store to buy it

And yes, 6th December, subject to change, read into that as you will.....

I'm wondering about the customs charges here myself now too. I buy a few Hot Toys and quarter scale statues, and usually if it's over 500 I get stung. The only quarter scale HT Iron Man figure I've bought cost me an extra couple of hundred for them to release.

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

No. Lego Australia is importing it, not you. They operate as an Australian company, and as such, pay taxes here and are subject to local company import taxes/concessions. The GST is paid by them and the cost passed on by way of the "GST inclusive" price of $1299 you have already paid. Also, the $1000 tax-free threshold was scraped a while ago. So technically no matter what the value, it is subject to import taxes/GST. Although it is sourced from overseas Lego warehouses it still ultimately ends up with Auspost as the final link in their distribution chain. Wonder why it can take so long to get here? They consolidate orders to reduce shipping costs. If you're lucky and order on the 'right' day it might take a week, but often takes 2+ weeks. As for local banks potentially charging you an international transaction fee that's another matter! I've personally never been charged but I've heard of others who have. I would be filing a claim with my bank if they did try to charge me...it's unlawful in my opinion. You are purchasing a product in Australian dollars from a company that is operating locally and abiding by Australian laws ffs! 

@Markalus Thanks for that. I wasn't sure if they did actually trade as an Australian company or not. Now I just need to wait until who knows when for my back order to come through....... Oh well, guess I can work on my other Lego projects in the mean time haha

Judging from the comments, it looks like a repeat of the Saturn V fiasco.  Glad this one is not on my bucket list.  Congrats to those who got one, as long as your intentions are actually to enjoy it.  Sorry for those who waited or tried to get one from the crashed website.  Lego may be laying off some people, but I hope they retain a good tech team who can make a website be functional even in times of high demand.  Or they could simply allow preorder to spread the demand to where it is not all on the site at once.  It would also minimize the "Black Friday" moments at the Lego Store, which are becoming increasingly common due to these releases.  

the Beast has arrived!

I suffered a small seizure, because is this how Lego packs and ships a €850 set?

DA946FA8-8833-4146-AD39-E12DE65B7FBE_zps

thank God this is what I found inside:

B1B7DF40-0957-42E1-9E3C-84164239431F_zps

1 hour ago, Markalus said:

No. Lego Australia is importing it, not you. They operate as an Australian company, and as such, pay taxes here and are subject to local company import taxes/concessions. The GST is paid by them and the cost passed on by way of the "GST inclusive" price of $1299 you have already paid. Also, the $1000 tax-free threshold was scraped a while ago. So technically no matter what the value, it is subject to import taxes/GST. Although it is sourced from overseas Lego warehouses it still ultimately ends up with Auspost as the final link in their distribution chain. Wonder why it can take so long to get here? They consolidate orders to reduce shipping costs. If you're lucky and order on the 'right' day it might take a week, but often takes 2+ weeks. As for local banks potentially charging you an international transaction fee that's another matter! I've personally never been charged but I've heard of others who have. I would be filing a claim with my bank if they did try to charge me...it's unlawful in my opinion. You are purchasing a product in Australian dollars from a company that is operating locally and abiding by Australian laws ffs! 

Legend, thanks for clearing that up. 

So has anyone seen any reviews yet?

Looks like I made the right call to go after the day 1 rather than wait for double VIP on Oct 10. Called LEGO CS and my expected date for shipping is Nov 8.  While I am happy that I am guaranteed to get one its a long time to wait.  I was on the button straight away and eventually got an order through (and through the issues) after an hour,   I was told it will be unlikely available before October 1.  Back Orders will ship before the S@H says its is available again.

At least I have more time to consider where I will put it!