Jim

[PRESS RELEASE] 75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017

Finally received the black card today.

the envelope was ripped so I thought my card was stolen but the card was there.

it was sent from Hungary. 

There is no reason that Lego will discontinue MF. They should make it at least 3 years even 5 years. 

Now local stores have MF.

i don’t think we will see discounts for MF sets and probably lucky have double points.

Sorry if this has been covered recently but I'm wondering if anyone would know how much longer I would have to try and get this set. According to the Canadian Lego site it is temporarily out of stock so I think they ought to mean they will be fulfilling more orders but I'm in a bad spot for this set now.

Having looked at a lot of the past Millenium Falcon Sets I noticed things like gaps between plates that bothered me a bit at first and over time made it obvious those sets were not for me. For whatever reason (Probably the size/price/limited nature.) I didn't really give this set a good looking over. Thing is the other day I went to my local-ish Lego store for the first time and they had an assembled one in a display case and.... Well it looks amazing and it so big and scaled so well. So now I -really- want one. Enough that the $1000(With tax) price tag doesn't bother me. At the same time I don't have a spare $1000 right now.

Obviously it will vary country by country but it seems Lego are finally on their way to meeting demand. I say this as here in the UK it has been available for nearly a week in the online store where previously it’s been a matter of a couple of hours and most Lego stores have also been carrying stock. 

I know that’s small comfort for you in Canada but it is indicative that it will readily available within the foreseeable future

43 minutes ago, TigerSixZero said:

Sorry if this has been covered recently but I'm wondering if anyone would know how much longer I would have to try and get this set. According to the Canadian Lego site it is temporarily out of stock so I think they ought to mean they will be fulfilling more orders but I'm in a bad spot for this set now.

The fact that LEGO still can’t keep up with demand should be an indicator that it will be around for quite some time...probably many years but that’s just my opinion. No one on here knows for sure but ‘out of stock’ is the norm for this set, so I wouldn’t stress. 

The MF went for 591€ today on „sale“ by combining several discounts. 

I can’t upload the screenshot of the shop I did because of the file size.

If I can manage to reduce it I will upload it later

025F68FD-36F8-42C6-A592-BBFA65E61EE8.jpeg

Edited by Criss

On 11/04/2018 at 1:53 PM, Kimguroo said:

Finally received the black card today.

the envelope was ripped so I thought my card was stolen but the card was there.

it was sent from Hungary. 

I gave up on the VIP card, and just had Lego send me a blank one. Hopefully this one will arrive unlike the other.

I wrote to TLG to ask them about the VIP black card advantages telling them I was disappointed by the lack of any advantages so far except the vipx2 which was not really interesting to say the least... 

They replied saying that they would forward my feedback / worries to the VIP customer service. They said to keep an eye on the S@H for may the 4th as their might be sale on so on (we already knew that though...). They also said they can't say more to keep the surprise effect. Don't really what that means as we already know there will be Vipx2 on sets and some will have 20% off and there will be the bb8 polybag... Maybe an exclusive minifigure on top of that? 

7 hours ago, Space_jaco said:

I wrote to TLG to ask them about the VIP black card advantages telling them I was disappointed by the lack of any advantages so far except the vipx2 which was not really interesting to say the least... 

They replied saying that they would forward my feedback / worries to the VIP customer service. They said to keep an eye on the S@H for may the 4th as their might be sale on so on (we already knew that though...). They also said they can't say more to keep the surprise effect. Don't really what that means as we already know there will be Vipx2 on sets and some will have 20% off and there will be the bb8 polybag... Maybe an exclusive minifigure on top of that? 

I wrote a similar post on the previous page with their response. There could be an 11th hour sweetener but I wouldn’t be holding our collective breath.

Ordered my Falcon on December 22, received my name-printed black card April 30.

So far, the "benefits" have been lame, but that's not what I wanted the Falcon for...

I have 2 black cards. I complained to Lego as I was supposed to receive it in November, so they said they would ship me out a new one, but I ended up getting it in December, and another in February. Doesn't do me any good, but for what it's worth. They did send me another. I left 1 unopened. 

On 24.4.2018 at 1:22 AM, Markalus said:

I wrote a similar post on the previous page with their response. There could be an 11th hour sweetener but I wouldn’t be holding our collective breath.

I fear there will be nothing! I'm really disappointed about that promotion. Today we have the 2nd of May and till now no word or mail about an upcoming promotion for May the 4th. Maybe we have a small chance because the last mail that announced the the unbelievable double VIP points von Star Wars purchases in February was sent out on February the 1st! So maybe we have to wait till May the 4th! This promotion is a disaster! 

Edited by OrangeChiliPeP

2 hours ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

I fear there will be nothing! I'm really disappointed about that promotion. Today we have the 2nd of May and till now no word or mail about an upcoming promotion for May the 4th. Maybe we have a small chance because the last mail that announced the the unbelievable double VIP points von Star Wars purchases in February was sent out on February the 1st! So maybe we have to wait till May the 4th! This promotion is a disaster! 

Well there is something its just not that special namely the Lego Y-Wing Blueprint which is free for Black VIP card owners or you need to spend £30 for everyone else.

40 minutes ago, Andyperkins said:

Well there is something its just not that special namely the Lego Y-Wing Blueprint which is free for Black VIP card owners or you need to spend £30 for everyone else.

I heard that the blue print is not part of the black card promotion and as you wrote available to everyone. Anyway a item which is for free on the one hand and on the other hand available through some kind of minimum purchase isn’t exclusive... 

On 5/2/2018 at 10:35 PM, Andyperkins said:

May the fourth offers at LEGO S@H have gone live Australia and I can confirm there is no Y-wing blueprint or special black card offers. Only BB-8, 2x VIP points and 10% off selected ‘starships’ ie. the stock they are having trouble moving. Offers may vary by region I guess. 

We're supposed to get 20% off selected sets in the UK - which in the majority of cases you can find cheaper elsewhere!

It will be disappointing if there's no decent promo for Black VIP holders; I can't remember the precise text LEGO used, but it was along the lines of 'exclusive offers throughout the year'.  I suppose we could be pleasantly surprised later on, but I'm not getting my hopes up based on what we've seen to date. 

I'm in two minds about ordering the Y-Wing tomorrow, but I'm not that fussed about the BB-8 polybag, and the lack of double-VIP points on it doesn't help either.....

48 minutes ago, Lobot said:

We're supposed to get 20% off selected sets in the UK - which in the majority of cases you can find cheaper elsewhere!

It will be disappointing if there's no decent promo for Black VIP holders; I can't remember the precise text LEGO used, but it was along the lines of 'exclusive offers throughout the year'.  I suppose we could be pleasantly surprised later on, but I'm not getting my hopes up based on what we've seen to date. 

I'm in two minds about ordering the Y-Wing tomorrow, but I'm not that fussed about the BB-8 polybag, and the lack of double-VIP points on it doesn't help either.....

It is a shame that this year they have changed the discount promo from 10% off to Double VIP points as before you basically got a 15% discount.

2 hours ago, Markalus said:

May the fourth offers at LEGO S@H have gone live Australia and I can confirm there is no Y-wing blueprint or special black card offers. Only BB-8, 2x VIP points and 10% off selected ‘starships’ ie. the stock they are having trouble moving. Offers may vary by region I guess. 

Strange as I was on the Lego CS chat last night and they said that the Black VIP offers would be sent out shortly so something must be going on plus there are in hand photos of the Y-Wing Blueprint out there so it definitely is real.

Edited by Andyperkins

I received a special VIP Black Card email today.

There is a 10-digit promo code inside. When shopping online for 30€ I can use it at the checkout for the „limited“ Y-Wing blue print.

Also info about the 18 Karat white-gold R2-D2 raffle, which i’m already participating without doing anything.

I just received an email with details of the Black Card VIP offers:

• Build your Rebel defences with this free Y‑Wing limited edition Blue Print With all Star Wars™ purchases over £30
  • Exclusive one-of-one 18k White Gold R2‑D2 No need to do anything, as you are already entered to win this one‑off 18k White Gold R2‑D2 Good luck!

I'd prefer double VIP points on the Y-Wing myself, but at least it's something! :classic:

LEGO stores (USA) have a double points program going on until Sunday. I just purchased my Millennium falcon and got 1600 points. This will not include any new LEGO purchase such as the new Y-Wing. But, considering they had 16 UCS Falcons in stock for the event, I could not pass this opportunity up. They also gave me a free Darth Vader mini bag kit. Now I need to think about how I want to spend that $80 in points next time. 

4 hours ago, Lobot said:

I just received an email with details of the Black Card VIP offers:

• Build your Rebel defences with this free Y‑Wing limited edition Blue Print With all Star Wars™ purchases over £30
  • Exclusive one-of-one 18k White Gold R2‑D2 No need to do anything, as you are already entered to win this one‑off 18k White Gold R2‑D2 Good luck!

I'd prefer double VIP points on the Y-Wing myself, but at least it's something! :classic:

I have not received the email. Black card VIP offers were suppose to include all black card holders. This deal just keeps worse!

4 hours ago, Markalus said:

I have not received the email. Black card VIP offers were suppose to include all black card holders. This deal just keeps worse!

LEGO is altering the deal, pray they do not alter it further.

I read in a FB group that the code for the poster will work even if you don't have a black card. If that's the case I wouldn't even count the poster as part of the offerings since they're meant to be exclusive.