Jim

[PRESS RELEASE] 75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017

I think we can stop worrying about availability of the set now as restocking of both stores and online are becoming more frequent. 

I would suggest Lego could keep up with demand if the silly scalpers stop trying to rip off fans. Nobody should be buying from them as it just prolongs the official shortage.

11 minutes ago, That Orange Thing said:

I think we can stop worrying about availability of the set now as restocking of both stores and online are becoming more frequent. 

I would suggest Lego could keep up with demand if the silly scalpers stop trying to rip off fans. Nobody should be buying from them as it just prolongs the official shortage.

I despise scalpers...

I'm on the verge of ordering this set...  Someone want to tip me over?

1 hour ago, trawetSluaP said:

I despise scalpers...

You just tell me where that ledge you're standing on is and I'll happily come and push you over it... ;)

In all seriousness if you can get it and you can afford it then just do it. It's magnificent. Yes... even though it s brick build toy... it's magnificent.

Edited by Robianco

3 hours ago, trawetSluaP said:

I despise scalpers...

I've finally just ordered mine, you must order one!!! 

So glad to be able to have ordered it finally,  just a bit gutted I missed out on the card,  if anything, for it just looking cool, and no doubt there'll probably be some sort of unique mining released for the mf vip card holders... 

Edited by Fuppylodders

16 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

I've finally just ordered mine, you must order one!!! 

So glad to be able to have ordered it finally,  just a bit gutted I missed out on the card,  if anything, for it just looking cool, and no doubt there'll probably be some sort of unique mining released for the mf vip card holders... 

Was the card for first batch orders only?

And thankfully on the UK site you can only order one, good riddance to those pesky scalpers! 

1 hour ago, trawetSluaP said:

Was the card for first batch orders only?

There has been talk of Lego extending the availability of the card into 2018 from people who have spoken to retail managers, however, there has been nothing official from Lego.

To those who have ordered in the new year, it wouldn't harm calling customer service and asking nicely if it's extended given all the shortages. Just give them a friendly prod and remind them they dropped the ball on this one :wink:

13 minutes ago, That Orange Thing said:

There has been talk of Lego extending the availability of the card into 2018 from people who have spoken to retail managers, however, there has been nothing official from Lego.

To those who have ordered in the new year, it wouldn't harm calling customer service and asking nicely if it's extended given all the shortages. Just give them a friendly prod and remind them they dropped the ball on this one :wink:

Just ordered and asked them and they said no plans to extend :(

Still not available in UK.  How do you get VIP?

8 hours ago, Tavis75 said:

Falcon looks to be currently in stock on the UK website.

I can't see it!

3 hours ago, That Orange Thing said:

Well that sucks. That will mean there are now scalpers with dozens of the VIP cards. Would that mean they could sell the cards seperatley?

The UCS Falcon cards are linked directly to the corresponding VIP account so I can't see that they'll be much demand for them.  And, unless someone has gone to extreme lengths to create multiple accounts (e.g. using different addresses & payment cards etc) it's unlikely that anyone is holding multiples.  The first few offered in London have made silly money on Ebay, but I think that was due to the uniqueness of the event; I can't imagine that many people would pay much for the later (and personalised) ones!

Considering the cards are personalised, I doubt they can be sold. I will have 2 as my first one was damaged upon arrival, but there’s no way I could sell it as it has my name and account barcode on it.

maybe scalpers could scratch off the name and barcode, but that would likely damage the card beyond resale value.

41 minutes ago, BucketWheelExcavator said:

Any word when we should see the deals for the VIP card? 

No idea. I hope we get more deals other than on May (I assume we'll be getting some special May the 4th promos).

On 30/1/2018 at 8:40 AM, Roebuck said:

I Norway normal toy shops are selling it now, some even at a discount :wink:

Discount, really? That seems a bid odd :classic:

1 hour ago, solkryssare said:

Discount, really? That seems a bid odd :classic:

Not at all, when Lego have the monopoly there is off course few discounts too find. When several shops is selling a set there is always more competition and increased chance of getting a discount  :wink:

I’ve just mentioned this in the main 2018 thread but I thought I’d mention it here too. Lego store Liverpool just gave me double points on some figure parts and informed me it’s double VIP for black card holders through Feb.

I was surprised to get the email since I wasn't sure I qualified for the black card. I haven't gotten any other information about it until now. Maybe it's linked to my VIP account already and I just haven't received the card.

-Kevin

Pity the 2 x VIP points for Black VIP card holders is only on Star Wars purchases. I want that 60th anniversary set but there’s no Star Wars sets I’d pay full retail price for. Ironically, the only thing that would make this offer worthwhile is if the UCS Falcon became available during Feb. 

Edited by Markalus

It's back in stock at John Lewis online in the UK if anyone's still after one (link).

And, yes, the first 'exclusive' offer is a little underwhelming..... I'd happily settle for a decent minifigure at this point!