Jim

[PRESS RELEASE] 75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017

I hope we get more sets with Porgs in the future. I would like to get the Porg heads as cheap as possible in order to build an army. It would also be cool if LEGO produced a UCS Porg set which for sure will never happen. Also this is the 1000th post on this thread so I guess there is that also.

On 9-1-2018 at 1:06 PM, BrickieB said:

Oh yeah!

<snipped pictures of MF VIP card>

Nice, when did you order your MF?

Edited by BEAVeR
Please don't quote pictures

On 1/2/2018 at 9:09 PM, wwwmwww said:

I purchased mine on September 21 at a Lego Store in West Hartford, Connecticut.   I too am still waiting on the black VIP card to arrive.  I just emailed Lego Customer Service asking about it today.  If I get a reply, or my card shows up, I'll try to remember to post a note here.

Still waiting on mine, but I did get a reply from Customer Service:

Thanks for getting in touch with us about you VIP black card. We are sorry for the delay we see that you haven't received the card. We have sent it out and you should receive card between now and February.

I got that email January 6th and I'm not certain what to make of it.  If they have sent it out, actually mailed it, couldn't they have given me the date it was mailed?  And the time period of "between now and February" seems unusually large for something that may already be in the mail.  I'm not overly worried... I suspect that it will show up any day now.  Just seemed like an odd way to state things, as maybe sent it out simply meant that its been sent for processing and that it hasn't been mailed yet.

I'm in Malta, New York just for reverence.  Anyone have any ideas when the first exclusive deal for Black VIP Card holders is expected to pop up?

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

2 hours ago, TWP said:

Nice, when did you order your MF?

I got it on November 6th, after registering on the waiting list in the store about 10 mins or so after they opened op September 14th.

It shows "sold-out" on the product page now. Not "Temporarily out of stock". Does this mean LEGO won't be selling any more copies through their web shop now ? :sceptic:

Edited by Martinouchou

1 hour ago, LEGODrongo01 said:

Apparently the Falcons going to be stocked in Myer now.

It’s been spotted on shelves at Myer Melbourne. 

It does seem odd to list it as sold out on the online store. It places it with the retired sets such as the UCS TIE, Rex’s AT-TE and the advent calendar on my browser.

I've seen LEGO use "sold out" and "temporarily out of stock" interchangeably before. Don't worry, I'm guessing the Falcon will here to stay for a long time, much like the Death Star

Is there any information on the Black VIP cards yet? What will be the exclusive reward? 

Early access to the new UCS set ? (Cloud City?); 

or a discount on new sets; 

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I've seen LEGO use "sold out" and "temporarily out of stock" interchangeably before. Don't worry, I'm guessing the Falcon will here to stay for a long time, much like the Death Star

Yeah... I've always thought this one would be around for a couple of years at least. I'm sure it's just a little disconcerting to anyone wanting one to see it listed with the retired sets.

53 minutes ago, Joel1234 said:

Is there any information on the Black VIP cards yet? What will be the exclusive reward? 

Early access to the new UCS set ? (Cloud City?); 

or a discount on new sets; 

Well I've got my card but I've heard nothing about what will be offered. Even when I picked up a couple of sets earlier this month the store rep at the till just said 'Oooh. A posh card' but couldn't offer any insight as to what will be available to those that have them.

6 hours ago, Robianco said:

Well I've got my card but I've heard nothing about what will be offered. Even when I picked up a couple of sets earlier this month the store rep at the till just said 'Oooh. A posh card' but couldn't offer any insight as to what will be available to those that have them.

“A posh card”...lol. Let’s hope it’s a bit more than that but, honestly, I doubt even the people who decide these things at TLG know what the offers will be yet. I’m guessing May 4th promotional period will be the main one. Or maybe when the Solo sets are released black VIP members will get ‘exclusive’ access to a post Han-modified Kessel Run Falcon. :wink:

Got my black VIP card a couple of days ago. Finally. I picked up the Falcon the day after release in store (got lucky). Waiting for these promotions now. Although the end of Jan promotional set looks like a must get (with ~$125 purchase or so). I've been waiting to get the Extreme Adventure set and the Old Fishing Store.. plus not to mention the new SW technic figures. I'm still recovering from the $800.

Edited by Sid

13 hours ago, roadstermatt said:

any one had any indication as to the special deals this black card brings yet ?

While I don't know the details, the card itself has nothing to do with it - since the black card has the exact same number your regular vip card has. I think buying the falcon alone will qualify you for whatever specials are coming up.

14 hours ago, Sid said:

While I don't know the details, the card itself has nothing to do with it - since the black card has the exact same number your regular vip card has. I think buying the falcon alone will qualify you for whatever specials are coming up.

yes the black card has got the exact same number your regular vip card has but the special deals were said to be tied in with purchasing the falcon before the end of 2017 and thus qualifying for the special vip card  see quote below

"

Limited edition, collectible LEGO® Star Wars™ VIP Card

Get your special edition membership card when you buy the Millennium Falcon™ (75192) and enjoy a full year of LEGO® Star Wars™ themed benefits!

Who is eligible for the LEGO® Star Wars™ VIP Card?

All VIP Members that purchase the Millennium Falcon™ (75192), including members signing up for the first time. This includes all countries VIP operates in, including countries that don’t normally receive physical membership cards. For country list, please see VIP.LEGO.com/terms."

taken from the TLG web site

its just as yet I haven't seen anything on what it will offer and how it will work and just wondered if any one had

Edited by roadstermatt

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:23 AM, roadstermatt said:

any one had any indication as to the special deals this black card brings yet ?

I just want to clarify that the card itself it for looks / bragging. Purchasing the set alone will qualify you for whatever deals come up. I say this because I myself waited longer than usual for the card, and Lego explained that I would get the same deals with my original card. But you are correct, you must have purchased the set by the end of 2017.

Edited by Sid

Bit late to the party.  based in UK.  I've just send request for update on when this will be next available.  What are my chances?! 

If anyone has any problems with their special VIP card, a quick email and they’ll replace it!

mine had half my name scratched off, and customer service said I will have a new one by March so that’s awesome. I can use he damaged one in my wallet and keep the perfect one for display with my falcon or something :D