Jim

[PRESS RELEASE] 75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017

Is it worth waiting for the set to mature and the price to come down?

I had bought the Porsche (42056) from the store as soon as it was back in stock following the initial sell out. Paid full retail, but currently selling on Amazon for a £80 discount. 

What do you guys think? Is the 75192 likely to be in the same state in one year? Or is it worth getting one just now just in case it’s perpetually out of stock?

31 minutes ago, brickmeistro said:

I had bought the Porsche (42056) from the store as soon as it was back in stock following the initial sell out. Paid full retail, but currently selling on Amazon for a £80 discount. 

What do you guys think? Is the 75192 likely to be in the same state in one year? Or is it worth getting one just now just in case it’s perpetually out of stock?

This set will probably never be at a discount. If it someday is, it'll sell out really quick.

If you really, really want the MF, keep checking for availability and try to grab one while you can. If it's not a priority to buy 75192, you can always just wait till May the 4th when some UCS sets go on sale, especially in Europe.

2 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

This set will probably never be at a discount. If it someday is, it'll sell out really quick.

If you really, really want the MF, keep checking for availability and try to grab one while you can. If it's not a priority to buy 75192, you can always just wait till May the 4th when some UCS sets go on sale, especially in Europe.

Thanks.

I did order it today and it's on back order at the moment.

I figured that I didn't have time to think about it before it sold out, but would have time to change my mind before it shipped.

I really want the 75192, but also, the prospect of picking one up £80-£100 cheaper, or for double/triple VIP points is really appealing. And though I have ordered it today, I am unlikely to build it for the next year or so, until I work through my backlog of unbuilt sets. So wondering if I'm going to end up paying extra just for the privilege of owning the set longer.

On 12/13/2017 at 2:40 PM, Sid said:

Anyone in the US that still has not received their VIP card and ordered/picked up the set near release day? I still haven't received mine, Lego says it should be here by end of Dec.. I did receive the end of Nov email by the way.

My wife managed to get through the S@H dumpster fire and order me one 1:30 into release on the 14th. Its waiting on the Christmas tree, which is the most awesome and important part, but I haven't even gotten an email or anything about the black card. Dead silence. I'm worried that the website may have dropped me through the cracks but I guess it's heartening to know I'm not the only one here in the states. Hopefully we're not lost in the shuffle.

Also got the Falcon yesterday when I recieved the e-mail.

Happy now I can be assured of the black VIP card, whatever deals it might give :classic:

On 12/19/2017 at 3:15 PM, brickmeistro said:

I don’t think this set will have any discount ever. Best luck might be double VIP point. Probably it has to be at least one or more years so all Lego stores has this set in their stores. There are several sets never go to any discounts such as Ghost busters fire house and Death Stars. 

I thought about waiting but wanted black card so recently I was passing by Lego store and stopped by the store. The employee said that they will have it next day so I bought one next morning.

5 hours ago, Kimguroo said:

There are several sets never go to any discounts such as Ghost busters fire house and Death Stars.

Well, both were discounted during the Brick Friday weekend by 20% (at least in Europe). :)  The latter is also available at TRU Germany with currently -16%.

So I wouldn't be too surprised if the MF became available later next year at TRU (assuming they still exist then...), or slightly discounted on Brick Friday or May The 4th in 2019 or so...

Very happy, managed to get one back ordered yesterday when it was available for a limited time.  Says it should be delivered sometime after Christmas!  very pleased and cant wait.

6 hours ago, Kimguroo said:

I don’t think this set will have any discount ever. Best luck might be double VIP point. Probably it has to be at least one or more years so all Lego stores has this set in their stores. There are several sets never go to any discounts such as Ghost busters fire house and Death Stars. 

The Death Star was 20% off at the end of November on S@H in the UK.

10 hours ago, Kimguroo said:

I thought about waiting but wanted black card so recently I was passing by Lego store and stopped by the store. The employee said that they will have it next day so I bought one next morning.

Like others said, both the firehouse and the Death Star were discounted. And that too heavily. 

I can see more similarities with he Porsche set, which was super popular and sold out for the initial months, but veg cheap now.

I read in one of the reviews that the MF will probably be available for a long time and inevitably be discounted at some point. 

Decisions decisions!

Just got an email about the Falcon being in stock on Lego Store Canada. Order is in! :laugh::thumbup:

I can see it in progress already but now comes the nervous wait for the confirmation email and expected ship date...

Update: confirmation email received. She's mine! And a black VIP card, too. Sweet! :wub:

Update 2 (order time + ~5h): Order shipping notification received. Good lord, TLC! *huh*

Edited by manglegrat

The set is available in US too. I knew it will be available at online store soon when Lego stores got 24 sets on last Friday.

i don’t know Lego intentionally planned or not but it’s like “Merry Christmas” from them hahaha.

Still haven’t received my VIP card in Australia, I managed to pre order on the first day too. Anyone else that got one early still waiting?

Edited by BucketWheelExcavator

Bought the 75192 last week and I asked about the availibility of the VIP card to Lego: "end of February".

5 hours ago, BucketWheelExcavator said:

Still haven’t received my VIP card in Australia, I managed to pre order on the first day too. Anyone else that got one early still waiting?

I've come to the conclusion that i will never own this box set. Its too expensive and too limited. Everything surrounding it is like a thick fog of mystery and despair.. Though i must admit, the design is intriguing and the new modifications done to this model is quite tasteful. Everyone loves the falcon. The design is great!

I feel like the most desirable part about this set is constructing the base and interior. I've always loved turning the inside out on models!

LEGO has officially released the instructions manual online, and with that in my hands, i have begun constructing the interior design and will slowly work my way outwards to the hull of the ship.. I have a huge amount of parts in my collection, bare that in mind. But i will like to make an example of how this falcon can be constructed without buying a box set using all spare parts from sets i´ve bought over the years. There are over 7000 parts, but most of these parts are generic lego pieces, a smaller percentage are special pieces and only a handful are unique to this set. I've been "bricklinking" the newest rounded tiles and some other pieces. Some special technique pieces are needed in a 40+ quantity which is tough. 

Right now i'm on a 40 euro budget and having acquired almost all the needed pieces foe the first round (which is about half of the ship). Lets see how it goes. You can all, of course, laugh at my attempt, should it fail… I will at the same time attempt to add some mods and new building techniques along the way, to make it even more the way i want it

I guess the East side of the US is getting there cards today. I am on the west side so I am taking a guess my card could arrive either later this week or sometime next week.

On 12/31/2017 at 3:24 AM, BucketWheelExcavator said:

I also got mine on the 14th Sept., am located in Aus, and still waiting for the black VIP card. 

On 12/13/2017 at 2:40 PM, Sid said:

Anyone in the US that still has not received their VIP card and ordered/picked up the set near release day? 

I purchased mine on September 21 at a Lego Store in West Hartford, Connecticut.   I too am still waiting on the black VIP card to arrive.  I just emailed Lego Customer Service asking about it today.  If I get a reply, or my card shows up, I'll try to remember to post a note here.

Carl

On 2-1-2018 at 10:47 PM, Matti said:

I've come to the conclusion that i will never own this box set. Its too expensive and too limited. Everything surrounding it is like a thick fog of mystery and despair.. Though i must admit, the design is intriguing and the new modifications done to this model is quite tasteful. Everyone loves the falcon. The design is great!

I feel like the most desirable part about this set is constructing the base and interior. I've always loved turning the inside out on models!

LEGO has officially released the instructions manual online, and with that in my hands, i have begun constructing the interior design and will slowly work my way outwards to the hull of the ship.. I have a huge amount of parts in my collection, bare that in mind. But i will like to make an example of how this falcon can be constructed without buying a box set using all spare parts from sets i´ve bought over the years. There are over 7000 parts, but most of these parts are generic lego pieces, a smaller percentage are special pieces and only a handful are unique to this set. I've been "bricklinking" the newest rounded tiles and some other pieces. Some special technique pieces are needed in a 40+ quantity which is tough. 

Right now i'm on a 40 euro budget and having acquired almost all the needed pieces foe the first round (which is about half of the ship). Lets see how it goes. You can all, of course, laugh at my attempt, should it fail… I will at the same time attempt to add some mods and new building techniques along the way, to make it even more the way i want it

You should wait before B&P is open again. They have all the rounded tiles for way cheaper than they sell on Bricklink (50% etc)