Jim

[PRESS RELEASE] 75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017

15 hours ago, mgoblue1997 said:

I got the same emails. I figure they'll probably start calling the list in order no earlier than Thursday, Oct. 26th,
which is the day after double points promo ends. Looking forward to it.

Just called the Lego store when the early email was sent out in September and signed up.

Ive  just phoned them up and according to them, there is no waiting list and they know nothing about it, he asked his store manager too. That was at the Brighton store, I also got the same response from the Leicester Square store too... 

Frustrating as it appears it is a thing, but not all the stores are doing it?

1 hour ago, Fuppylodders said:

Ive  just phoned them up and according to them, there is no waiting list and they know nothing about it, he asked his store manager too. That was at the Brighton store, I also got the same response from the Leicester Square store too... 

Frustrating as it appears it is a thing, but not all the stores are doing it?

I can't imagine the waiting list only in certain countries. Didn't the email go out to all VIP's about the update of the release of the "2nd wave" and how to sign up for notification, be it S@H or local store? I know when I called back when we could be placed on the list, the rep had to read the rules that TLG sent out because he wasn't aware that they were doing the wait list. Before I convinced him to check his inner office mail, he told me that I'd have to talk to the Manager about it but he was off on that day, which I knew not to wait too long to be lower on the list.

I received a telephone call from my Lego store yesterday morning that my USC Millennium Falcon had arrived and that I had 48 hours to purchase or it would become available to the next individual on the wait list.  So yesterday evening I went to purchase it. 

I asked how many people were on the wait list.  At my store there was 50 on the wait list, and approximately 5,000 world wide.  I then asked how many Falcons were received at my store for wait list individuals.  Eight were received, and I was eighth on the list!  My patience paid off as I scored DOUBLE VIP points ($75.00 worth)!

I was also told that additional Falcons would be shipped in a few weeks, with the goal of filling all wait list orders by the end of 2017.

18 minutes ago, Cyanide-Tipped said:

Very nice on all counts YavinBase!

Save those VIP $ for potential goodies you will be able to buy with your Black card. :)

Thanks Cyanide-Tipped.  I thought Lego was going to hold back until after today to contact individuals on the wait list due to the double VIP points.  I lucked out.

I was told that the black VIP card would be mailed and to expect it in about six weeks.  I was also told that the cards are personalized with our names printed on them.

I already told my wife to buy me the UCS Snowspeeder for Christmas and to apply my VIP $$$ toward the purchase.

7 hours ago, YavinBase said:

I was told that the black VIP card would be mailed and to expect it in about six weeks.  I was also told that the cards are personalized with our names printed on them.

It's been six weeks since the first batch of Falcons were shipped. I haven't heard of anyone receiving one in the mail as yet or any communication to says it's on its way. They could start to arrive in the next coupe of weeks but I suspect the black VIP cards might be the just like the Falcon itself; almost mythical in their existence...at least for a while. They aren't of any value until 2018 anyway. 

On 24/10/2017 at 2:15 PM, mgoblue1997 said:

I can't imagine the waiting list only in certain countries. Didn't the email go out to all VIP's about the update of the release of the "2nd wave" and how to sign up for notification, be it S@H or local store? I know when I called back when we could be placed on the list, the rep had to read the rules that TLG sent out because he wasn't aware that they were doing the wait list. Before I convinced him to check his inner office mail, he told me that I'd have to talk to the Manager about it but he was off on that day, which I knew not to wait too long to be lower on the list.

I received no email about any "2nd wave" or how to sign up for anything, and when I phoned leicester square, was basically told to go online and add it to my wish list....

9 hours ago, helicaon said:

I received no email about any "2nd wave" or how to sign up for anything, and when I phoned leicester square, was basically told to go online and add it to my wish list....

I am a VIP member, but for some reason I did not receive the email regarding the wait list, or any VIP emails in general.

If it was not for the eurobricks community, I most likely would have been unaware of the wait list.  Page 28 of this topic has the email regarding the wait list. 

I was told when I purchased my UCS MF earlier this week that there were approximately 5,000 individuals on the wait list world wide.

So, I've just checked back to page 28. His email states he can ring up a local store to be put on a list. Yet however,  after checking my email again, it is missing that specific paragraph and therefore has no mention of being able to be put on a list at all.

I'll be phoning up TLG tomorrow to find out wtf exactly is going on as that is unfair :angry:

17 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

So, I've just checked back to page 28. His email states he can ring up a local store to be put on a list. Yet however,  after checking my email again, it is missing that specific paragraph and therefore has no mention of being able to be put on a list at all.

I'll be phoning up TLG tomorrow to find out wtf exactly is going on as that is unfair :angry:

The whole thing is such a balls up and local Lego stores are seemingly coming up with own "solutions". For example, The Lego Discovery Centre in Melbourne, Australia have announced they are getting a limited number in early Nov. Too make it 'fair' you can register via email and then they are pulling names out of a hat! Hardly seems fair to the first person who registered and misses out :sceptic:

Are any London stores getting restocked in-store for in-store purchases?

I'm told people have been able to get luck and get some when the stock comes in at certain Lego stores. But when I call they're completely unhelpful and just say they don't know, won't tell me if there's any stock coming, if stock had come, anything at all really. Has anyone here gone early lately and gotten the set from a LONDON store? If so what day was that? 

I have to find this lack of decent communications from Lego quite frustrating. For those of us who have a backorder from S@H seem to have had no indication on when we might get them yet those that put themselves on the waitlist in store are getting them sooner. Argghhhh!

I ordered mine that first morning after missing out at a Lego store and finally received mine yesterday. 36 lbs! This box is HUGE!

I have not received a VIP card yet though.

Edited by karmajay

Hi all,

I have new information regarding the falcon. As you may know, many stores (in America, not sure about worldwide) have received about 8-25 falcons (number depends on size of store and people on waitlist) this week. I have been told that all store employees are NOT allowed to discuss when or if they got any falcons in there shipment because these next few shipments are only for the people on the waitlist for each store. 

What that means is that if you ask an employee at a store if they got any falcons or when there going to get any they will not tell you. All stores will call each person on the waitlist and only tell those people they have got the falcons. Also, yes if you called your store and they said they don’t know, they are lying to you. However, you should have signed up on the waitlist and if you didn’t know about it tough luck. 

Anyhow, the general public will be able to buy the falcon at there nearby store AFTER that store has notified all the people on there waitlist and those people have purchased there falcons. If a person on the waitlist does not pick up within 48 hours, they will not be able to get the falcon until the store has cleared the waitlist. 

Also a note to people on the store waitlist, don’t be a prick and call the store if you can pick up a falcon. Be patient and wait your turn. LEGO has made an impressive response by getting a batch out so quickly so soon, but expected. 

Again most, if not all, LEGO stores should have received a batch of new falcons this or next week and the general public will be able to purchase the falcon after the people on the waitlist have purchased there falcons. This is most of the new info I got and hopefully this can be of some help you all customers of the falcon. 

Btw, LEGO has made a new return policy. All returns on sets $500 and up will have an 10% restocking fee (ex. Return the falcon for $800, you get $720 back). I guess this is LEGO’s way of don’t return big sets because there too awesome :P

I think the 10% is also a way of discouraging people from returning and rebuying a Falcon during double VIP.  You have 90 days to do a return.  The 10% cancels out the VIP points you would earn.

They probably also only want serious buyers so they don't end up with surplus stock, although I know their is a shortage.

Originally I was going to wait for double VIP but after calling Lego they could not give me a clear answer if there would be stock.  So I lined up and got mine by fluke.  The person ahead of me could not pay because their ID did not match their credit card. I got the last one that day.

Anyhow glad I did because I'm planning to build this with my dad throughout December and it's good to have on hand.  We make a thing out of December now with the Star Wars movies.  Cannot wait to build this.  

On 10/28/2017 at 1:58 AM, Billiybob said:

I have new information regarding the falcon. As you may know, many stores (in America, not sure about worldwide) have received about 8-25 falcons (number depends on size of store and people on waitlist) this week. I have been told that all store employees are NOT allowed to discuss when or if they got any falcons in there shipment because these next few shipments are only for the people on the waitlist for each store. 

What that means is that if you ask an employee at a store if they got any falcons or when there going to get any they will not tell you. All stores will call each person on the waitlist and only tell those people they have got the falcons. Also, yes if you called your store and they said they don’t know, they are lying to you. However, you should have signed up on the waitlist and if you didn’t know about it tough luck. 

Millennium Falcon update

LP

LEGO VIP Program <vip@e.LEGO.com>
Thu 28/09/2017 16:05

spacer640.gif
LEGO® VIP | View with images
vip_account_icon.png ACCOUNT
LEGO_MT_TOPNAV_LOGO_LEGO.png
LEGO_MT_TOPNAV_DIVIDER_VIP.png
LEGO® VIP PROMOTIONS FAQ
LEGO_MT_TOPNAV_LOGO_VIP_Mobile.png

TEXTBANNER.jpg

Hello LEGO® Star Wars Fan,
As you may know, the new LEGO® Star Wars Millennium Falcon (75192), our largest LEGO set ever, went on sale exclusively to VIP Members on September 14. We are very excited that we received such a positive response from fans like yourself, it exceeded all of our expectations! Unfortunately, that also means the first batch has already sold out.

The good news is we are making more as quickly as possible and expect to have very limited quantities available for the remainder of 2017. 

To make your wait a little easier, you can now sign up to receive back-in-stock notifications and we'll email you when a new batch of the Millennium Falcon (75192) is available.

Simply confirm your interest below and you will be notified when a new batch of the Millennium Falcon (75192) is available on shop.LEGO.com
YES, KEEP ME NOTIFIED

Thank you for your patience and understanding, we are doing everything we can to keep up with the demand from our loyal LEGO fans like yourself! 

*Please note, stock will be in very limited supply and each batch will likely sell out quickly. Signing up for notifications does not guarantee availability of the product.

You shall see the email I received above, clearly neglects the part about phoning a store to get put on their wait list, to which is in someone else's email back on page 28. Ive phoned up my local stores and NONE know anything about any wait list, confirmed by their managers. So it's not 'tough luck', it's utter megablocks.

-Removed swearing-

'dont be a prick and phone them'...?!

Uhm, its not being a prick at all. 

And no, TLG is not doing an awesome job by getting another batch out so soon, when they are offering that batch out to new  people when there are still back orders of people who ordered it within the first few days and have not even got theirs yet! THEY should be taking priority ABOVE  ALL. 

Edited by Milan
Removed swearing

Fuppylodders,

I guess some of the things I said before were too harsh, but here in America many of the stores do have a waitlist where you can sign up and have 48 hours to pick up. From other things I read, this waitlist is most likely for US stores only so I guess all other stores not in the US won't have one. I don't know why they wouldn't do it worldwide, but that's their choice. 

Also with the new batches that come out, I'm pretty sure they send some/most of the new batch to people who back ordered, and send the rest to stores to cut down the waitlist. I'm too not all that happy with there slow and overcomplicated response, but I try to understand them at least. But lets at least hope they'll learn from there recent mistakes with the falcon and the Saturn V for the future. 

Lemme chime in here really quick...

Billiybob, I would love to know where, or who, gave you this information.  As a former LEGO Brand Retail Employee (for quite a few years and I had a quality position during my tenure), North American stores (where I worked) were always run differently than the European stores.  The powers that be then tried to make them all the same a few years back...but as you can see and from what I saw in my last few years there...they were not run the same.  So, that being said...TLG SHOULD be handling all of the backorders that were made online, up to a certain date, first.  Judging from what Fuppy stated, they are not.  That's a customer service issue from two different sides of the pond.  Maybe they are and people will be contacted Monday, only time will tell.  But if it's not being handled this way...well, no surprise and that sucks.  Yup, I said it sucks!  Poor forecasting on a set that has been in demand for years, and terribly understocked release.

Fuppy, try and be calm with the language.  Although I am all for free speech on an adult fansite...please use some discretion.

Billiybob, don't tell people what to do.  I know you're trying to provide some courtesy to everyone...but unless people MAKE a stink about this, nothing will get changed.  And if you don't ask, then you may not get one.  Let us, the Moderators, tell people what to do.

Thanks.

Right,so I purchased the Falcon on release day and had it built by the next evening, so it's currently been built for about 6 weeks.

ive just come home from university after two weeks away and have discovered that the left mandible (the side with the cockpit) is severely drooping. As far as I am aware there has been no significant pressure on the Falcon in my absence and no one has even touched it, bar a white sheet that has been keeping the whole thing dust-free.

so I have a question, is this a design flaw that others have experienced? Or have I done something wrong in building, because I've disassembled a few panels and everything looks fine but it's dropping so bad I don't know what to do. Putting OCD aside, this is inexcusable in a £650 set of it is something others are experiencing.

5 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Right,so I purchased the Falcon on release day and had it built by the next evening, so it's currently been built for about 6 weeks.

ive just come home from university after two weeks away and have discovered that the left mandible (the side with the cockpit) is severely drooping. As far as I am aware there has been no significant pressure on the Falcon in my absence and no one has even touched it, bar a white sheet that has been keeping the whole thing dust-free.

so I have a question, is this a design flaw that others have experienced? Or have I done something wrong in building, because I've disassembled a few panels and everything looks fine but it's dropping so bad I don't know what to do. Putting OCD aside, this is inexcusable in a £650 set of it is something others are experiencing.

Do you mean the right?

6 hours ago, Whovastron said:

...is this a design flaw that others have experienced? ...

I don't have the falcon and I probably never will so give my opinion relevant weight, but as far as I am concerned, the mandible structure and attachment is almost identical to the 2007 model and I don't recall anyone reporting a 'severe' drop - some people said a very slight sag occured over time.

I recommend checking the building step on page 470 (and previous) whether you have all the technic pins properly placed within the mandible structure, whether all of the connecting axle pins are in place and whether the support technic connector scructure is properly slid inbewteen these two dark red 1x6 plates on the outer side of the mandible.

If its all correct, I can hardly imagine any significant dropping unless someone just leaned on it, which you say is unlikely... :/ Picture would help to get... a better picture :D

Edited by krisandkris12