Jim

[PRESS RELEASE] 75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017

6 hours ago, Flandy said:

I notice that the Chinese copy of this set is going to be available soon. Well done LEGO on screwing up this release so badly that the counterfeit maker is going to get production going before you can. I hope this doesn't harm sales, but I really do feel that they've shot themselves in the foot this time. £150 for the copy, or £650 for the real thing............................

Let's not open up a can of worms in this topic please.

1 hour ago, Cyanide-Tipped said:

"Darnit Jim...I'm an OCD perfectionist builder not a casual!" :)

Hehe. I will touch the topic of OCD in one of the stages of my review :wink:

11 minutes ago, Jim said:

Let's not open up a can of worms in this topic please.

The worms are out already, there's no point pretending this isn't happening. There are going to be a lot of potential customers that will see "Temporarily out of stock" for the next few weeks (months?) and go the Lepin route instead, and while I despise the lack of scruples of these Chinese  copycats, I feel like Lego only have themselves to blame this time. If they'd let people pre-order in advance of release, and metered them out at one per customer, or household, then there would be an awful lot less annoyed potential customers out there. As it is, it seems like it will be 2018 before anyone wanting to order one will even be able to place said order. Meanwhile the Chinese will be making out like bandits.

I know that Lepin is a touchy subject on here but I really hope Lego is reading this and learns from their mistakes. Launching one of the most eagerly anticipated sets the way they did was stupid, and has left many disappointed, and many others are making a fortune selling on the extra sets they bought due Lego's production ineptitude. 

Hi all,

this may or may not be the right place to ask. First of all I was going to get the falcon. Then literally on the morning of its vip release i decided against it as i couldn’t work out where on earth id ever be able to display it. Now with @efferman display stands I’m now thinking I may be able to fit it in somewhere at least for a few months. So the question is ... is anyone close to TLG and knows how big the backlog is and when they’re going to open the online store for these beauties again?

4 hours ago, Jim said:

They are used at the bottom of the hull plating. There's a lot of plating, so it's hard to tell. You have two options; go through the manual and check every step. Or.....simply don't care about them :wink: 

Thx! I'm gonna go the OCD route and flip back through the instructions.

They said the set would only be for VIP members through November. This kind of makes me think there probably won't be a general restock online until December. At which point a second race would happen and it would be out of stock again for a few months. lol

1 hour ago, BrickG said:

They said the set would only be for VIP members through November. This kind of makes me think there probably won't be a general restock online until December. At which point a second race would happen and it would be out of stock again for a few months. lol

Where you hear that? Seems doubtful...

I haven't. But they said it takes 6 weeks from purchase (which occurred on 14 September), so I am not worried yet...

People should be receiving their VIP cards next week. I was surprised to learn that the wait is because they're engraving them with our names, pretty awesome in my opinion. I love this special treatment from Lego.

WTF moment. I just discovered pages 187, 190, 191 and 194 of my UCS Falcon manual are printed blank! Has anyone else encountered this? I didn't  expect this (lack of) quality control in a $1300 AUD set. :angry: I'm gonna go out a limb here and say they are probably aware of the problem. I can't imagine it's the only faulty one. It could partly explain the delayed production. It's not like first run quality issues haven't delayed other recent sets (Wall-E, Technic Porsche) albeit for different reasons. 

Edited by Markalus

4 minutes ago, Markalus said:

WTF moment. I just discovered pages 187, 190, 191 and 194 of my UCS Falcon manual are printed blank! Has anyone else encountered this? I didn't  expect this (lack of) quality control in a $1300 AUD set. :angry: I'm gonna go out a limb here and say they are probably aware of the problem. I can't imagine it's the only faulty one. It could partly explain the delayed production. It's not like first run quality issues haven't delayed other recent sets (Wall-E, Technic Porsche) albeit for different reasons. 

TBH, that sounds like the sort of one off printing mistake there's not really any way of catching unless they individually check every page of every manual. I doubt it's a common issue as I have not heard of anyone else encountering it.

Sure they'll be happy to send you a replacement, but in the meantime I believe the instructions are available for download from the Lego website, so you'll be able to continue with your build.

27 minutes ago, Tavis75 said:

TBH, that sounds like the sort of one off printing mistake there's not really any way of catching unless they individually check every page of every manual. I doubt it's a common issue as I have not heard of anyone else encountering it.

Sure they'll be happy to send you a replacement, but in the meantime I believe the instructions are available for download from the Lego website, so you'll be able to continue with your build.

Thanks, I've already downloaded the online version and continued. Still bloody annoying though. 

9 minutes ago, Cyanide-Tipped said:

Request a new manual...I would.

Maybe it'll appreciate in value like other misprinted toys and such. :p

I'll definitely be requesting a new manual...it's part of the experience and 'value' of the set to me. I don't understand why anyone would want a misprinted copy just because it's unique or rare. 

On 10/19/2017 at 2:30 AM, Quothcorvus said:

That's gonna screw up anyone wanting to sell them on!

Why would you sell your VIP Card? So someone you don't know can use all the points you earned?

I received the following email today from Lego:

Dear LEGO® Shopper,

You are receiving this communication as you are a LEGO® VIP member who requested to be added to your local LEGO Store's Millennium Falcon wait list.

We are happy to share that the ship that famously made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs is scheduled to land before the end of the year. As Han and Chewbacca complete the finishing touches on the Falcon, you will be contacted directly by your local LEGO Store team member with further details and instructions on how you can take one home. 

Please be patient and allow store staff to contact you as not all product will be available at once. Where you place on the waiting list will determine when you will be contacted. Stores will not be able to predict when you will be contacted until product arrives. 

May the Force be with you!

I dont want to start a wildfire, but I just checked a knockoff store, the knockoff 75192 looks like it will come out in a month. Lego sure shot them self’s in the foot. I really doubt that 75192 will be in stock in 2017. Nice job Lego-.-

I received the below email from a Lego associate from my local Lego store.  It sounds like my UCS MF will 'land' within a week!

The force is strong with you!

Your Millennium Falcon is scheduled to arrive within the next seven days.

Upon arrival, someone from our team will call you to inform you that you can visit our store to purchase your Falcon.

As demand for this item has been extraordinary, you will be provided a 48-hour window to visit our store to complete your purchase. If you are unable to make it to the store within 48 hours from contact, we will provide the opportunity to the next guest on our waiting list.

We look forward to speaking soon and for helping you take this amazing set home!

On 10/17/2017 at 4:04 AM, BrickG said:

I mentioned this earlier in this thread I think.  But the general release date really doesn't mean anything, I cant see a "second rush".  This is a serious set, not one most parents are gonna pick up for Christmas or whatever.  The vast majority of people who want this set are collectors, and even if they weren't Lego VIP members before, they certainly signed up to get this set early.  I would say the vast majority of demand for this set has already happened, and hope that once Lego fulfills its back orders (and people on the waiting list), that it will be a very slow trickle of sales from then on, until there is a promo like double VIP points when I suspect a few buyers are holding out for.

Anyway I'm still sadly waiting for it to be re-stocked so I can buy it.  I'm annoyed at the fact Lego let people buy 3 of these at a time.  I have seen some people selling multiples of these on the secondary market for greatly inflated prices, and can only think if Lego enforced the 1 falcon per VIP card (at the release, at least until the demand dropped off) then I would suspect a few more people waiting on stock would have had their chance to own one.  Seen someone on another forum boast about having sold 4 of them each for over 900 pounds, which makes my blood boil.

But anyway hope that I don't have to wait too long to get a chance to own one of these.  

22 hours ago, YavinBase said:

I received the below email from a Lego associate from my local Lego store.  It sounds like my UCS MF will 'land' within a week!

Upon arrival, someone from our team will call you to inform you that you can visit our store to purchase your Falcon.

As demand for this item has been extraordinary, you will be provided a 48-hour window to visit our store to complete your purchase. If you are unable to make it to the store within 48 hours from contact, we will provide the opportunity to the next guest on our waiting list.

We look forward to speaking soon and for helping you take this amazing set home!

What did you sign up to, or do, to get on the waiting list?

22 hours ago, YavinBase said:

I got the same emails. I figure they'll probably start calling the list in order no earlier than Thursday, Oct. 26th,
which is the day after double points promo ends. Looking forward to it.

32 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

What did you sign up to, or do, to get on the waiting list?

Just called the Lego store when the early email was sent out in September and signed up.

I finally got a shipped notification on my Sep 14 order.  I wish they would have told me it requires a signature so I could have planned ahead for that.  Idiots.

Edited by OCD_Chad