Jim

[PRESS RELEASE] 75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017

56 minutes ago, Cyanide-Tipped said:

I wonder if people will Bricklink it (breaking down their old MF) once they have the instructions online ASAP.

No doubt people will eventually try, but I think people would be more likely to bricklink the old one, considering this one has a few more exclusive pieces. The cockpit piece is going to be like grey boat rigging 2.0, unless it goes on bricks and pieces. Does anyone know if the Slave I, TIE Fighter and Snowspeeder cockpits have gone on there?

Mine is at home, after only a few thousand miles of travel... :laugh: .. First mission I think will be to split all the bags into ziplocks, copy the parts list and check it all off, seeing as it could be some time before I build it..

I can report that not only was the picture box in perfect nick, but so was the outer box... and the outer box was packed into a two sectioned box with air-bag packaging and handles... so kudo to Lego, although I was a bit concerned not having signature required on on a $1500 item. I was starting to worry and think I should have paid an extra couple of hundred at checkout for the express freight which I imagine would have been sig... but the buggers often ignore that and self sign anyway..

2 hours ago, kiwiatlarge said:

Mine is at home, after only a few thousand miles of travel... :laugh: .. First mission I think will be to split all the bags into ziplocks, copy the parts list and check it all off, seeing as it could be some time before I build it..

I can report that not only was the picture box in perfect nick, but so was the outer box... and the outer box was packed into a two sectioned box with air-bag packaging and handles... so kudo to Lego, although I was a bit concerned not having signature required on on a $1500 item. I was starting to worry and think I should have paid an extra couple of hundred at checkout for the express freight which I imagine would have been sig... but the buggers often ignore that and self sign anyway..

Nice! Congrats. Mine still hasn't changed from "arrived at terminal destination" since the 15th. To rub salt into the wounds I got the follow-up "are you happy with your purchase" survey from Lego today. 

I started trying to order in the first minutes and didn't get it done till 90 mins later.  I'm STILL on backorder...:cry_sad:

34 minutes ago, Boba-Fett-13 said:

Has anyone in Australia seen any sign of theirs been close. Nothing has changed on tracking since the day it shipped on mine?

Are you checking on the Auspost website? Once the local handover occurs it won't change on the link Lego provide until it's delivered. Mine (and a friend's) changed to "in transit from Chulorra NSW" last night. ETA is tomorrow. :sweet:

Just now, Markalus said:

Are you checking on the Auspost website? Once the local handover occurs it won't change on the link Lego provide until it's delivered. Mine (and a friend's) changed to "in transit from Chulorra NSW" last night. ETA is tomorrow. :sweet:

You lucky bastard! Very disappointed that I'm still stuck on "processing," but glad to hear someone is finally seeing some progress. Hopefully mine changes over later today or tomorrow. 

52 minutes ago, Markalus said:

Yeah, I have been checking Auspost and nothing has changed...you are indeed lucky.

19 hours ago, kiwiatlarge said:

You must be rich to be willing to spend so much more on an already expensive item. If you were in the US that'd two MFs...

I just don't see it worth it to have it "that" bad so soon.*shrugs*

7 hours ago, axiom said:

Hmm, my "waiting for new stock" just changed to "backordered". Wonder if that's good or bad?

I have the same problem too...I ordered on 14 September at 0740 Pacific Time (Las Vegas, NV). My order status was on "waiting for new stock" for a week, today, it changed to "backordered". :(

53 minutes ago, ronin4375 said:

I have the same problem too...I ordered on 14 September at 0740 Pacific Time (Las Vegas, NV). My order status was on "waiting for new stock" for a week, today, it changed to "backordered". :(

Backordered is better than waiting for new stock. If you call LEGO customer service they should be able to give you a shipping date, they couldn't do that if you were "waiting for new stock"

I was avle to walk into my LLS a few days ago and grab one of these, employee said more showed up, may have been posted already but keep checking. Anyways im really excited to build this, UCS slave 1 got me back into lego and this is the perfect follow up for my shelf

8 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

You lucky bastard! Very disappointed that I'm still stuck on "processing," but glad to hear someone is finally seeing some progress. Hopefully mine changes over later today or tomorrow. 

Haha. I hope so too mate. It may be coincidence but mine started to progress hours after I complained. It might be worth giving customer service a call if it doesn't progress overnight.  

5 hours ago, Cyanide-Tipped said:

You must be rich to be willing to spend so much more on an already expensive item. If you were in the US that'd two MFs...

Don't forget. He's probably not referring to US Dollars in that $1500 but Australian or New Zealand Dollars which work out much closer to the European price for the set. Australasian prices are always high so I don't think he's paid that much more than anyone else. Certainly not the price of two Falcons.

He's probably no 'richer' than anyone else on this board who picked one up.

Edited by Robianco

I contacted costumer service again. Now they say they expect to have my falcon in stock on October 11. Last week I was told "early November", so that was good news!

23 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Don't forget. He's probably not referring to US Dollars in that $1500 but Australian or New Zealand Dollars which work out much closer to the European price for the set. Australasian prices are always high so I don't think he's paid that much more than anyone else. Certainly not the price of two Falcons.

He's probably no 'richer' than anyone else on this board who picked one up.

Correctomundo... The aussie boys were saying theirs is 12-1300?, ours is 1499, which even taking the differences in the dollar, ours is still a wee bit more expensive in real terms, but most things are I'm afraid.. Even when I was 10 years old holidaying in Queensland and New South Wales in 1986, the old G1 Transformers were cheaper than buying at home... What this cost me is the equivalent of $1080US, or 915 euro (out of curiousity) going by today's exchange rate. Fortunately because I guess it was bought using the NZ region setting and charged to me using NZ$ there were no additional taxes once it crossed the border. I haven't been so lucky buying other expensive Hot Toy or Sideshow items. By the time they convert currencies and then you get customs charges it can cost a hell of a lot more than if I lived in the US.. You do a quick currency conversion using a calculator when you purchase, but more often than not you end up spending more money by the time you get it in your hand.

And if the name or the avatar don't give it away (probably not that obvious to anyone outside of Australasia or maybe the UK), I'm in New Zealand..

6 hours ago, Cyanide-Tipped said:

Spending $100 Aud for shipping is crazy, but driving hours to pick one up isn't. Am I missing something here?

My wife just tried to line up at our LLS and was 12th in line for the 11 they had. Then I read that people are just walking in and getting thsee on a whim?!?

6 hours ago, kiwiatlarge said:

Correctomundo... The aussie boys were saying theirs is 12-1300?, ours is 1499, which even taking the differences in the dollar, ours is still a wee bit more expensive in real terms, but most things are I'm afraid.. Even when I was 10 years old holidaying in Queensland and New South Wales in 1986, the old G1 Transformers were cheaper than buying at home... What this cost me is the equivalent of $1080US, or 915 euro (out of curiousity) going by today's exchange rate. Fortunately because I guess it was bought using the NZ region setting and charged to me using NZ$ there were no additional taxes once it crossed the border. I haven't been so lucky buying other expensive Hot Toy or Sideshow items. By the time they convert currencies and then you get customs charges it can cost a hell of a lot more than if I lived in the US.. You do a quick currency conversion using a calculator when you purchase, but more often than not you end up spending more money by the time you get it in your hand.

And if the name or the avatar don't give it away (probably not that obvious to anyone outside of Australasia or maybe the UK), I'm in New Zealand..

I feel your pain with it.I've actually found ordering Hot Toys direct from Sideshow works out cheaper for me in the UK. Shipping has been free and even the £40 import fees worked out less once the dollar-pound conversion was done.

I can't imagine buying lego regularly in Australia, especially exclusive and hard to find items.

On 9/21/2017 at 3:32 PM, wwwmwww said:

I got one today.  The closest LEGO store to me is in West Hartford, Connecticut and is 105 miles away.  I called over this past weekend asking when they might get more and they told me to call back on Tuesday to see if they were getting any in their next shipment.  I did and they told me they were expecting 10 sets this Thursday, today.  So I drove down last night.  Got there an hour before closing and talked to the staff to get the particulars and I also talked to the mall security about when the doors to the mall would open and which doors would be opened first.  The mall doesn't officially open its doors until 7am but someone from mall security told me some mall employees start showing up at 6:30 and that I might be able to get in with one of them.  So at 6am this morning I got to the entrance they told me should open first and sat on a bench.  At about 6:10am, an employee already in the mall spotted me as came and opened a door and asked if I wanted in.  I said "sure" and I actually got to the LEGO store at 6:15am and was the first person in line.  The second person didn't show up until 6:52am.  By 7am there were already 4 people in line.  By the time the store opened at 10am there were 12 people in line for the 10 kits.  Over all it was actually a rather fun experience.  Everyone was civil and it was nice talking to other LEGO fans.

Carl

I've been thinking about doing something similar, but I can't shake the feeling I would drive 140 miles (225 km), stay overnight, and end up being the 11th person in line.  That's a very long drive to just end up not getting a set.

13 hours ago, Koston82 said:

Spending $100 Aud for shipping is crazy, but driving hours to pick one up isn't. Am I missing something here?

And the price I paid doesn't include extra shipping. I "considered" (emphasise considered) adding speed freight, not so much for the time factor, but if it gets lost or stolen I'd like to hope I'd have more bargaining ability, than using the free postal system. At least it was still trackable. God knows it can be nerve wracking buying things from overseas when there is neither tracking or a 'signature required' option. But their added freight cost was really expensive, and my experience with drivers signing for deliveries is not flash. The very reason I would never buy a statue direct from Gaming Heads is their shipping costs. I'd rather just support Popcultcha in Australia.

But on the driving for hours.. yep, as I previously posted, if an official Lego store ever came to New Zealand, it would surely be in Auckland which would result in 100s of dollars extra expense to go camp outside the locked doors of the store. You'd either have to fly up, or drive for two days, taking the ferry to and sleeping overnight at Wellington.

7 hours ago, Robianco said:

I feel your pain with it.I've actually found ordering Hot Toys direct from Sideshow works out cheaper for me in the UK. Shipping has been free and even the £40 import fees worked out less once the dollar-pound conversion was done.

I can't imagine buying lego regularly in Australia, especially exclusive and hard to find items.

There isn't much between Sideshow and buying Popcultcha in Australia. PC are fantastic because their freight is cheaper and bubble wrapped, but their release dates can be variable. NZ sellers are way more expensive. Even adding all those things into it, it still costs quite a bit more to buy something from an NZ seller.

This will probably be not only the first, but last purchase I make from Lego. Even with the VIP rewards, I see no benefit. 10 days to get here, free freight only applies over $500, so unless I start buying Death Stars and Star Destroyers, it'll always cost extra. All the X-Wing style models it just makes sense to go down to Toyworld who are still into their industry enough that they'll get into the hype for midnight openings for May the 4th and all of that, and if you wait long enough a special will come.. The one advantage with the Lego Store is they tend to have stock available longer than local brick and mortar.

Edited by kiwiatlarge