Jim

[PRESS RELEASE] 75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017

16 hours ago, Boba-Fett-13 said:

True. I made a vip account purely to buy this.

I can’t imagine why anyone wouldn’t always buy any LEGO set at the LEGO Store using VIP. Especially if you are nerdy enough to visit this kind of forum. 

(Or are you simply a recent AFOL?)

3 hours ago, TheLegGodt said:

I can’t imagine why anyone wouldn’t always buy any LEGO set at the LEGO Store using VIP. Especially if you are nerdy enough to visit this kind of forum. 

(Or are you simply a recent AFOL?)

I got the ucs x-wing as a gift a few years ago.  Bought myself a ucs Slave 1 and now this. They were all too far apart to make the whole vip thing worthwhile.  In saying that I will probably buy the Saturn V rocket with the help of the points i got off this.

Edited by Boba-Fett-13

Ordered on day 1 - Backordered after many attempts

Called LEGO CS Day 2 - Shipping Estimate Nov 8th :angry:

Chatted with LEGO CS Day 5 - Shipping due now on 25th Sept!

Auto email from S@H yesterday Sept 22 - Your Order has shipped! :classic::grin:

^Meanwhile this Aussie's falcon is still sitting in Sydney. You know something is up with our postal system when people with backorders get their falcons before day 1 buyers.

9 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

^Meanwhile this Aussie's falcon is still sitting in Sydney. You know something is up with our postal system when people with backorders get their falcons before day 1 buyers.

Mine was dispatched from their warehouse 5 days ago, still haven’t received any tracking updates so I spoke with Lego today and they’re investigating Monday. 

Did your tracking take 24 hours to update after it left the warehouse? 

Hi guys,

Does anyone work in a Lego Store, or know someone who does? It would be cool to get a good look at the measurements of the official display stand they use when displaying the MF in a vertical position in Lego stores.

To save space, I intend to display my 75192 vertically in a similar way, so I need to build that kind of stand myself. But since TLG seems to have designed and manufactured such a custom stand already, it would be cool to see the blue prints for it.

It might be easy to just cut the right shape of pieces from wood and glue it together, with just the right measurements.

I already asked Lego customer service about the stand, but they couldn't help me with that in any way. They just told me the stand isn't an official product, and I should try to get tips on forums such as this.

Edit:

A business idea for someone: 3D print these vertical stands and sell them for UCS MF owners who lack display space (= all of us). I'll sure buy one at a reasonable price :)

Edited by Kalekko

On 9/22/2017 at 5:30 AM, ic3cold said:

When I purchased the MF I was told I could only return it was unopened, but with a 10% restocking fee.  Pretty sure that was done to nullify returns during the upcoming double VIP promotion.  Double VIP = 10%.  I went for the MF on release day assuming it would it not be available during double VIP. I think that was a good call.

My store is also informing customers of a 10% restocking fee for the Falcon.

Seems a little heavy handed...

2 hours ago, Kalekko said:

It would be cool to get a good look at the measurements of the official display stand they use when displaying the MF in a vertical position in Lego stores.

The LEGO store where I got mine has their display model sitting horizontally on a platform in a big Plexiglas enclosure in the middle of the store and I've seen several images from other stores with similar displays. I don't think I've see one displayed in the vertical position yet. Do you have any photos of this display? Is the stand made of LEGOs?

Thanks, Carl

I don't dare link a picture due to ownership issues, but just do a Google image search, for example "lego 75192 store".

In most pics the stand seems to be made of transparent plastic. Of course it might be some sort of a universal stand, instead of a custom stand for the 75192. There's no official Lego store in Finland, so I haven't seen one live.

Edited by Kalekko

The Falcons that are on vertical display in the stores are glued. It’s possible that this way you can have a stand that you couldn’t use with a regular build because then the parts might come loose.

Edited by Jawolliebollie
Typo

Jawolliebollie, do you know for a fact that the vertically displayed Falcons are glued? In my book, that would be hardcore cheating by TLG. I've seen a Youtube video where staff members in a Lego store are setting the Falcon on display vertically. They are working together and being super careful, and still some of the loose top sections fall off, and they have to put them back in. That set wasn't glued for sure.

However, I don't think it would take too much modification to make the loose top sections stay put with a vertical display. If you've put your set together carefully, the top sections sit in place pretty firmly and tightly, anyway. I'm fairly confident on this, because I'm nearly done on my 75192, and I've already done some experimenting on the vertical position. It's horror, but possible :D

Edited by Kalekko
typo

Hey, could someone who has the instructions for the falcon post some pictures in the instructions of how to build the TFA dish? Thanks

Does anyone know what the blue axle pins are for in steps 377 (2x) and 426? 2 of them are in the engine assembly and one in the forward section. The 4x2 beam they attach to is holding the top panels but the axle pins themselves seem to serve no purpose whatsoever or am I missing something?

StarfuryT, I think the extra pins are there just filling the holes in the beams so that you don't attach the top panels in the wrong hole. Thus the top panels will sit firmly and nearly seamlessly together, since they are exactly in the right place.

With my kinda luck, I believe I will only get the 75192 MF sometime in Jan 2018. :cry_sad:

Will live vicariously through the comments that you people are sharing! :laugh:

22 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I reckon Aussie orders go to Lego OZ first as they seem to get to Australia quick then Zzzzzzzz. I’ve complained via email but heard nothing, leaving negative feedback when I inevitably get the survey seems to fall on deaf ears too. Managed to get through to customer service once re my Porsche and was told there last shipment was stopped by customs, which makes me think they get delivered to Lego hq here then sent on to the customer. Just my opinion...

16 minutes ago, Godzilla73 said:

I reckon Aussie orders go to Lego OZ first as they seem to get to Australia quick then Zzzzzzzz. I’ve complained via email but heard nothing, leaving negative feedback when I inevitably get the survey seems to fall on deaf ears too. Managed to get through to customer service once re my Porsche and was told there last shipment was stopped by customs, which makes me think they get delivered to Lego hq here then sent on to the customer. Just my opinion...

I think you're right. All my previous  deliveries from Lego S@H have the Australian Lego address as 'Sender' on the box. If they were sent directly to the customer then I would expect import duties/taxes would likely be payable. If that happens Lego would cop a serve. I'm already fuming at my bank for charging an international transaction fee. Still waiting...:sadnew:

I've never checked my S@H orders' sender info so I can't confirm there, but I have been fortunate enough to receive a set to review from LEGO through RLUG support which was sent from Denmark and arrived to me quicker than any S@H order ever did. Sending S@H purchases through LEGO HQ here does make a lot of sense from LEGO's point of view. Hopefully people's Falcons start turning up soon. I haven't checked the tracking in a couple days, but I'm pretty confident mine will arrive on Friday because I'm scheduled to work both days that weekend.

My store has it displayed nearly vertically but the stand is custom made and behind a perspex screen. They recommended shopfittings.co.uk but I don't think that would have anything particularly specific... I'm sure someone will start producing them for consumers soon enough.

Mine arrived at our rental house, where my mrs' son and daughter in law to be live. (getting packages to our rural address is a pain)... Funnily enough, the mrs had to take them to hospital as their baby daughter had just been born in their dining room.. :laugh: , Fortunately their flat-mate who shares the place with them was home..

Seems right to name the Falcon after their daughter, as the name works for the ship (I think at least) ... although the lego delivery will be heavier than the baby delivery..

I was wondering when the instructions would be made available for download. This is what TLG customer service has to say on that:

We're really happy that you're interested on our LEGO® Millennium Falcon™ building instructions! Unfortunately you have to wait a bit more time in order to find them online! In fact we'll try to upload them when there will be the official launch (1st of October)! However we can't assure you that they will be available that specific day. But I can assure you that our team will work so hard in order to upload them on our web site as soon as possible! I can suggest you to wait at most 1 or 2 weeks in order to see them available!

Edited by Renegade Clone