Jim

[PRESS RELEASE] 75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017

1 hour ago, Andyperkins said:

Don't the online side and high street store side have different allocations? which is why despite the Saturn V being unavailable online plenty of stores have stock.

They will deliver on a Saturday, had them attempt delivery to my workplace last weekend but obviously no one was there so they re-delivered on the Monday.

I got a text from DHL this morning saying it will arrive on Monday so I'll have to wait it out. Can't complain though after seeing problems others have had.

16 hours ago, merman said:

I wonder how quick prices of the boat masts and radar dish will go down...

I wonder too. But it will go back up when people start bricklinking the new version! Talking of bricklink, has anybody been able to the instructions PDF for it?

Edited by legocharles

As mentioned before this will be the Saturn V all over again. Not really a limited release but they will be scarce enough to make it look that way, therefore encouraging the scalpers to buy them up when available and so on and so on.  I've seen Lego make some really insane decisions over the last couple of years.  It's no wonder they are in trouble.

My Falcon arrived today. I can't wait to put it together. 

Has anyone noticed that on the US lego website it has the price of it listed as $1,299.99? 

9 hours ago, Markalus said:

I think people are having bigger problems. But, mine has gone from in warehouse in Denmark to arrived in Australia in less than 24hrs. Even I can't travel that distance in that time! Hyperdrive fixed? Unfortunately our notoriously slow local postal service will probably take two weeks to get it to my door :sceptic:

Mine says the same for Australia, but when i checked om Auspost tracking it just says that they have recieved shipping details and provided a tracking number.

Nothing about the actual shipment.

I chatted with some of the staff at my local Lego Store. They indicated that additional shipments are inbound and will be trickling in over the coming weeks...and anticipate some stock for 01 Oct.

However, given what happened the other day I wonder if the online back-orders will now take precedent over scheduled stock shipments to the stores?

2 hours ago, Boba-Fett-13 said:

Mine says the same for Australia, but when i checked om Auspost tracking it just says that they have recieved shipping details and provided a tracking number.

Nothing about the actual shipment.

You guys are lucky. Mine is still back ordered, money is still on hold on my card and the VIP points haven't been added to my account. 

Anyone got any plans to modify this set? I think I'll look at the 10179 engine mod (by Scottish Dave) and I don't like the dark grey on the mandibles, so might swap those pieces with the light grey on the underside.

Edited by will

2 hours ago, will said:

Anyone got any plans to modify this set? I think I'll look at the 10179 engine mod (by Scottish Dave) and I don't like the dark grey on the mandibles, so might swap those pieces with the light grey on the underside.

Agreed on the dark grey on the mandibles, specially the one strip found on the left one, i personally don't like the use of so many 1x1 tan tiles and olive green tiles on the hull so i might change that out, might MOD the two interior spaces we got since they're not that accurate both proportions and positions (altho i get why they had to make them that way) and i personally will do a lot of work on the underside of the thing, still thinking about doing a base for it. You plan on doing anything else ? :)

Holy crap. A signed copy just went for £5,600 on EBay. That's almost $10,000 Australian dollars! TLG have created a monster with the exclusive signing event. I like to think that wasn't their intention.

8 hours ago, will said:

Yep, I will definitely get rid of almost all the dark grey areas. I will also change all of the green tiles and almost all of the tan tiles too light bluish grey. It should look like in the OT.

7 hours ago, FTG Prime said:

........ and i personally will do a lot of work on the underside of the thing, still thinking about doing a base for it. You plan on doing anything else ? :)

I'll probably won't know what else I'll change until I actually build it. I'm hoping it will arrive tomorrow or weds. Probably won't do anything on the underside as I'm not planning on moving it around that much to be able to see it from the bottom! 

Edit: @bricksmarlin

I hadn't realised how much green there was. Yeah that will all have to go.

Edited by will

Anyone have a side-by-side comparison pics of the underside of the old UCS MF versus the new?

I know the new MF still has brick pieces with studs inward unlike Marshall B's mod MF.

Hi,

I'm a long time lurker but I have to step out of the shadows as I need some help :)

The unit I was going to sit my Falcon on is too narrow, I have measured and is not the 54cm needed for a comfortable fit.

I do have room to let it overhang on either side so if someone could tell me the area needed for the landing gear fingers crossed I can still display it for a while without having to remodel my house.

My MF, successfully ordered at 8:12 a.m., has been "in warehouse" since Thursday afternoon… I read above that another Belgian customer got his copy… Should I get worried? I've already contacted customer service, but no reply :s

Just now, Cardboy said:

Hi,

I'm a long time lurker but I have to step out of the shadows as I need some help :)

The unit I was going to sit my Falcon on is too narrow, I have measured and is not the 54cm needed for a comfortable fit.

I do have room to let it overhang on either side so if someone could tell me the area needed for the landing gear fingers crossed I can still display it for a while without having to remodel my house.

I'm in a similar situation. Hopefully I'll have room on top of a bookshelf that is quite deep. I'm interested in knowing the same measurement.

I managed to place an order around 9.00 on the 14th with express shipping, which shows as "back order". I just got a reply from Lego customer service saying they expect shipping on early November 2017. I hope that is a very conservative estimate on their part...  Otherwise, if you have not already got one on "back order" it may be close to impossible to even get one in 2017!   

This topic is pretty void of actual content of the kit.  Is everyone just flippin' them?  Want to hear more about the build, the included pieces, etc...  Less about the second hand market and backorders...

27 minutes ago, blbills said:

This topic is pretty void of actual content of the kit.  Is everyone just flippin' them?  Want to hear more about the build, the included pieces, etc...  Less about the second hand market and backorders...

There's already been a few posts about people building the MFs. I'm sure we'll be getting more info about the complete set this week when everyone that received it in the last couple of days has had the time to finish building the beast.

There aren't many reviews on youtube yet, but im sure they will be pouring in after the restock and after people are done building, filming, editing and etc.