Jim

[PRESS RELEASE] 75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017

27 minutes ago, MrRedHat said:

My Falcon shipped and it will be delivered tomorrow. I didn’t get any VIP points for my purchase though. Does anyone know if you’re supposed to get VIP points for the Falcon purchase or did they not show up because of the ordering issues they were having yesterday?

Will it be delivered on a Saturday? I paid for express delivery which is 1-2 business days in England so assumed it wouldn't be here until Monday. The last update on the tracking page said "Package processed" yesterday morning.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, MThomasF said:

Will it be delivered on a Saturday? I paid for express delivery which is 1-2 business days in England so assumed it wouldn't be here until Monday. The last update on the tracking page said "Package processed" yesterday morning.

Thanks

I’m in the US, so maybe the deliveries are different. I just went with the free shipping Lego gave me. I got a FedEx shipping notice this afternoon that said it will be delivered Saturday morning.

3 hours ago, ds760 said:

Jerk offs like this make me so angry. Kids toy for the kids but he wants to make $3000! https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/bnc/tag/d/lego-millennium-falcon/6306131166.html  

Hey Carl,

I spoke to a customer service rep for 45 minutes yesterday morning. I had it in my bag but it kept giving me an error on check out. FYI they can't do anything for you other then credit you with 300 vip points. 

I understand people's frustration (I was unable to get mine too), but please, don't call this "over 1000$ of my canadian dollars item" a kid's toy because it is not. 

4 hours ago, stumpypete said:

I eventually managed to get through and backorder yesterday (I was actually ordering from a hospital room with patchy 3G signal!) - no idea how long it will take, but I went through the same process with the Technic 911 GT3 and it was dispatched just over a month after they took my backorder. It would be good to hear if anyone else has heard anything from LEGO about expected shipping of backordered MFs

I recently bought a backordered LEGO (I cannot remember which one it was), and they still managed to ship it to me within a few days even though it said backordered - 30 days initially.

Edited by legocharles

Kind of difficult to believe Lego under estimated the sales so badly that they can't even sell it on October 1st.  This all seems like a concerted effort to me. 

Why would you allow three purchases of an $800 set for the VIP debut?  You wouldn't. 

The good news is that everyone who's willing to fork out the dough will get one eventually. 

1 minute ago, Schneeds said:

Kind of difficult to believe Lego under estimated the sales so badly that they can't even sell it on October 1st.  This all seems like a concerted effort to me. 

Why would you allow three purchases of an $800 set for the VIP debut?  You wouldn't. 

The good news is that everyone who's willing to fork out the dough will get one eventually. 

Difficult to believe indeed it is.

In Canada, we were certainly not allowed to order more than one. The few times I managed to access LEGOs extremely buggy website, it always said limit 1 per customer. I guess they learned from what happened in Europe a few hours earlier.

I cannot remember how many times I got this one in my shopping cart to see it automatically removed a few seconds later. When I finally the website finally let me pay for one, maybe 45 minutes later, it was 30 days backordered :(

Bad, bad amateurish LEGO webite. They even managed to charge me 45$ for shipping even though it was supposed to be free shipping...

LEGO screwed big time on launching this one.

Edited by legocharles

1 hour ago, MrRedHat said:

My Falcon shipped and it will be delivered tomorrow. I didn’t get any VIP points for my purchase though. Does anyone know if you’re supposed to get VIP points for the Falcon purchase or did they not show up because of the ordering issues they were having yesterday?

Usually they'll take a few days to appear on your account, but it might be a little longer considering that the website was in a near-meltdown over the last 24 hours.  If they don't appear within a week, just call Customer Services and they'll be able to add them for you :classic:

Sorry to interrupt the ordering discussion. But after 12 hours of building, my Falcon is finished and it is a damn beauty! I can't get over it, it's just magnificent!

Talk about a release debacle; the official reveal leaked before the hyped announcement, weeks of teasing on social media and marketing = not even an handfull of sets delivered per store and the official release date of october first won't even matter as they won't be back in stock. 

High five to marketing and the production teams, you guys shot yourself in the foot real good. 

45 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

Talk about a release debacle; the official reveal leaked before the hyped announcement, weeks of teasing on social media and marketing = not even an handfull of sets delivered per store and the official release date of october first won't even matter as they won't be back in stock. 

High five to marketing and the production teams, you guys shot yourself in the foot real good. 

Yes, I think LEGO have realised that they've made a total hash of this :look:

The Supervisor I spoke to yesterday was acutely aware of the upset it had caused amongst their loyal customers (me included!) and I got the impression that they'll do their utmost to fix it.  I followed up my call with an email complaint which relayed my considerable annoyance at the situation, and I'll be interested to see how they respond.  As far as I'm concerned they've caused 90% of the problems with their decision to overly-hype it via facebook etc... and then not being in a position to cope with the inevitable buying frenzy that followed.  Perhaps next time they want to release something similar they'll seriously consider a genuine pre-order (e.g. 2-3 months prior to release); they could then manage the production accordingly..... 

At least, if the pre-ordering window is spread over a couple of weeks the website might stand a chance!

I have some good news. Lego stores seem to have some in stock. At least from my experience. My local store received a shipment this morning and I went after work and was able to pick one up. Needless to say I am quite pleased considering how difficult it is to get one at this time. I made the right decision of not ordering one after noticing it was already on backorder yesterday morning. I also got the free tote bag I had been wanting and did not think was still available. Unfortunately they didn't have the wheels or handle - the box IS heavy.

Here are a couple of photos. and the link

https://www.flickr.com/photos/159384368@N08/

37060800936_3e58cbd6f8_z.jpgUCS Falcon by Jorge Gutierrez, on Flickr

36852833470_085a8480cf_z.jpgUCS Falcon by Jorge Gutierrez, on Flickr

Good luck to those who can't wait! I myself won't be able to build it until sometime next year. But it's nice to know I have it in my closet. 

8 hours ago, Criss said:

The Special offers that come with the Falcon VIP Card are only valid in 2018.

So you are getting special offers, double/triple points etc. throughout the next year!

That means in 2019 it`s just a "regular" VIP Card with special print. :wink:

I didn't know about a special black VIP card - does it come with all Falcon sale including online or just for those who collected from Leicester Square? And what does it offer that is special? (other than being black lol)

Man... this whole Falcon debacle has got me so excited to see what the next mega UCS set is gonna be! (but nothing will top this Falcon hysteria)

The falcon exclusive black VIP card will grant ''special offers'' through 2018 on star wars stuff. You'll be able to get one only in 2017.

What exactly? No idea, and it's kind of weird to offer an unknown timed promo at such an outragous pay wall.

Sorry guys, I'm kinda late to the party but could somebody bring me up to speed?

Is the new UCS limited in quantity? Like only 100 000 will be produced?

What is all the drama and panic around, I saw people almost fighting for this set

5 hours ago, Sid said:

Good luck to those who can't wait! I myself won't be able to build it until sometime next year. But it's nice to know I have it in my closet. 

You think that's a painful wait. At this stage I don't know when I'll be able to make mine... could be months, could even be a few years depending on how much of a stalemate the mrs and I have on the matter.. :look:

Quick summary of our situation. We currently own our own house (well two if you count her old place, but we'll never move back to that house). Fairly typical 200m2 4 bedroom home. And I have a plan in mind for setting up the least sun exposed of the 3 small bedrooms one day.. But the kicker is, we don't live in it. My work provides me with a rent/power free house to live in, so we rent our place out trying to shorten the mortgage. But the other kicker is, it is a pretty modest 3 bedroom place probably not much more than 100m2. I'm struggling to find places to display even the snowspeeder I just built, and each new sixth scale Hot Toy figure I buy.

With two new young kittens also in the mix, I'm just not sure where and how I can find the space to assemble it... :laugh: .. But there was no way I was going to miss out.

So, I'm thinking at least, if it was like the 07 model, I can at least take some pleasure in sorting the peices out.. for the time being.

16 minutes ago, Omikron said:

Sorry guys, I'm kinda late to the party but could somebody bring me up to speed?

Is the new UCS limited in quantity? Like only 100 000 will be produced?

What is all the drama and panic around, I saw people almost fighting for this set

It's not limited, it'll be around as long as LEGO can sell it for, which is looking like it'll be a long time.

The set is just very very hyped, and some people will go to extreme lengths to get it. I'm both disappointed and not surprised to hear people were almost fighting over it.

1 VIP point is worth 5p here in the UK, so on a £650 set, the VIP points are worth £32.50. during a double VIP points event that's £65 and when triple points are in effect that's £97.50 !

Just wait people! The clamor to buy it will die down, and if you don't intend to build it immediately, what's there to loose?

The only people who NEED this set ASAP are the scalpers who are profiting from the lack of availability right now.

On 14/09/2017 at 10:19 PM, Cwetqo said:

Well, Kim Thomsen from LEGO confirmed on LEGO Ambassador Network that this set will be "around for at least two years, like all other LEGO sets", so there is no need to worry.

Should be around for the usual time, if not longer.

Edited by Tariq j

Mine is now at my couriers local depot and the VIP points have now been added to my account so it looks like they've started to get things together. Interesting if it's true that stores are already getting some new stock... I wonder if the additional stock was already assigned for distribution so wasn't sold as part of the online sale.

32 minutes ago, allstyles said:

my order still says in warehouse,.... more people having that problem? :hmpf_bad:

I think people are having bigger problems. But, mine has gone from in warehouse in Denmark to arrived in Australia in less than 24hrs. Even I can't travel that distance in that time! Hyperdrive fixed? Unfortunately our notoriously slow local postal service will probably take two weeks to get it to my door :sceptic:

2 hours ago, Robianco said:

Mine is now at my couriers local depot and the VIP points have now been added to my account so it looks like they've started to get things together. Interesting if it's true that stores are already getting some new stock... I wonder if the additional stock was already assigned for distribution so wasn't sold as part of the online sale.

Don't the online side and high street store side have different allocations? which is why despite the Saturn V being unavailable online plenty of stores have stock.

17 hours ago, MThomasF said:

Thanks

They will deliver on a Saturday, had them attempt delivery to my workplace last weekend but obviously no one was there so they re-delivered on the Monday.

Edited by Andyperkins

Has anyone looked at the bids the signed copies from the Leicester Square store are fetching on EBay? It's insane. Even the signed black VIP card looks like it will sell for more than the rrp of the set itself! Currently £620 with 22 bids and 31 hours to go. :wacko: