Jim

[PRESS RELEASE] 75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017

@Markalus onya mate, now I owe you a beer! I was unaware that they even scrapped the threshold, thankfully they did :)

Now, all that there's left to do is hope that it arrives quickly and safely.

29 minutes ago, BucketWheelExcavator said:

So has anyone seen any reviews yet?

Mine is 90% done, but I'm leaving for holiday tomorrow. So unfortunately, it will be published in three weeks.

I can give you this though.

NEW 75192

37098108171_155d2157d3_b.jpg

OLD 10179

36403438084_d6bfc7b16f_b.jpg

Just now, Jim said:

Mine is 90% done, but I'm leaving for holiday tomorrow. So unfortunately, it will be published in three weeks.

I can give you this though:

Brilliant thanks, without any detail just a quick one, enjoyed it so far?

Just now, BucketWheelExcavator said:

Brilliant thanks, without any detail just a quick one, enjoyed it so far?

Yup definitely. The interior (even though they are small) really add value to the build. And the use of different colors (without actual color vomit) is also an improvement.

Just now, Cyanide-Tipped said:

I see some big changes in the greebling in each pic. Did the instructions do this or did you leave certain parts out @Jim to be accurate to the movie?

Not sure what you mean, but it's the 10179 vs 75192. I built both using official instructions. The 10179 is Bricklinked, but the greebling should be okay (Except for black instead of grey levers).

I haven't had time to do a movie comparison. I plan to do that for the final review.

The greebling is indeed very different on the new and old one. Makes you wonder which one is more accurate. I'd bet on the new one :wink: 

Just now, Cyanide-Tipped said:

Yeah, I edited my post. I noticed the top pic was the old MF. :)

Hehe I thought you overlooked that fact :laugh:

I should have put the new one on the top of course. Not sure why I didn't do that.

Edit: I switched them :wink: :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Markalus said:

No. Lego Australia is importing it, not you. They operate as an Australian company, and as such, pay taxes here and are subject to local company import taxes/concessions. The GST is paid by them and the cost passed on by way of the "GST inclusive" price of $1299 you have already paid. Also, the $1000 tax-free threshold was scraped a while ago. So technically no matter what the value, it is subject to import taxes/GST. Although it is sourced from overseas Lego warehouses it still ultimately ends up with Auspost as the final link in their distribution chain. Wonder why it can take so long to get here? They consolidate orders to reduce shipping costs. If you're lucky and order on the 'right' day it might take a week, but often takes 2+ weeks. As for local banks potentially charging you an international transaction fee that's another matter! I've personally never been charged but I've heard of others who have. I would be filing a claim with my bank if they did try to charge me...it's unlawful in my opinion. You are purchasing a product in Australian dollars from a company that is operating locally and abiding by Australian laws ffs! 

Just so you know the $1000 tax free threshold doesn't start until next finicial year. This is the last 9 months of no tax under a grand.

4 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

S@H shipping to Australia has been pretty atrocious for me. Normally takes 3 weeks for me.

Aussies, do we have to declare this one? It ships from Denmark and costs over the $1000 threshold but we bought it from an aussie site and paid the GST in it? I'd be devastated if it gets confiscated by customs.

This is fast from Italy. Ordered Monday morning and arrived Fridau the same week with free shipping with something that was around same size and weight as ucs slave 1. I was impressed. I think this will be a bit of a wait, and with no tracking unitl it reaches Australia is a bit frustrating.

I eventually managed to get through and backorder yesterday (I was actually ordering from a hospital room with patchy 3G signal!) - no idea how long it will take, but I went through the same process with the Technic 911 GT3 and it was dispatched just over a month after they took my backorder. It would be good to hear if anyone else has heard anything from LEGO about expected shipping of backordered MFs

£950 on eBay UK.... crazy

OF COURSE they will make more... why don't people just wait? Paying an extra £300 out of impatience is madness.

3 hours ago, Jim said:

I can give you this though.

*Snip*

New one so much better.... look at the desperadoes on eBay trying to sell the old one now for like £4500!! Good luck amigos!

L O L

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images, thanks :-)

A question about the black VIP cards.  I thought I had read somewhere that they would be shipped to those that purchased this set this year.  However a few of the links I saw that pointed to some of the auctions showed that the black VIP cards were included.  Did those of you that picked this up in person at a store yesterday get a black VIP card?  If any of those arrive that were ordered on line, are they coming with the black VIP cards?

I'm willing to wait on these to reappear on S@H but I'm now worried they may not be back in time to get the black VIP card.  And if LEGO is mailing out the cards at a later date I certainly wouldn't expect to get one if I were to resort to eBay or elsewhere.  But if they are included with the set itself... maybe that is a way to get the black VIP card.  Still no plans on going to eBay.  I'm curious how LEGO will respond to the two emails I sent customer service yesterday.  The first was asking for help to complete my order as I couldn't get anything other then a busy signal via the phone.  I had the set in my cart but couldn't pay for it without getting error messages instructing me to contact customer service.  The second email was to complain that they sold the set that was in my cart to someone else while I finally had customer service on the phone and was hoping to get them to take my money.  Basically I was doing what the site told me to do and I think I screwed myself over.  I should have just kept plugging away on the website and not tried to reach out to customer service.  They were less then helpful and just caused me to waste time.

Carl

Jerk offs like this make me so angry. Kids toy for the kids but he wants to make $3000! https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/bnc/tag/d/lego-millennium-falcon/6306131166.html  

4 minutes ago, wwwmwww said:

A question about the black VIP cards.  I thought I had read somewhere that they would be shipped to those that purchased this set this year.  However a few of the links I saw that pointed to some of the auctions showed that the black VIP cards were included.  Did those of you that picked this up in person at a store yesterday get a black VIP card?  If any of those arrive that were ordered on line, are they coming with the black VIP cards?

I'm willing to wait on these to reappear on S@H but I'm now worried they may not be back in time to get the black VIP card.  And if LEGO is mailing out the cards at a later date I certainly wouldn't expect to get one if I were to resort to eBay or elsewhere.  But if they are included with the set itself... maybe that is a way to get the black VIP card.  Still no plans on going to eBay.  I'm curious how LEGO will respond to the two emails I sent customer service yesterday.  The first was asking for help to complete my order as I couldn't get anything other then a busy signal via the phone.  I had the set in my cart but couldn't pay for it without getting error messages instructing me to contact customer service.  The second email was to complain that they sold the set that was in my cart to someone else while I finally had customer service on the phone and was hoping to get them to take my money.  Basically I was doing what the site told me to do and I think I screwed myself over.  I should have just kept plugging away on the website and not tried to reach out to customer service.  They were less then helpful and just caused me to waste time.

Carl

Hey Carl,

I spoke to a customer service rep for 45 minutes yesterday morning. I had it in my bag but it kept giving me an error on check out. FYI they can't do anything for you other then credit you with 300 vip points. 

2 minutes ago, ds760 said:

I spoke to a customer service rep for 45 minutes yesterday morning. I had it in my bag but it kept giving me an error on check out. FYI they can't do anything for you other then credit you with 300 vip points. 

I spoke to one for 15 minutes and finally asked to speak to a supervisor and I then talked to the supervisor for another 15 minutes. Neither ever offered me anything, not even 300 VIP points. I pointed out that even WalMart doesn't encourage others to take items out of someone else's cart and that its a sad day when LEGO is setting their bar lower then WalMart. Their response was "But sir, we are not WalMart."  To which I said "Obviously, as they at least offer some level of respect to the items a customer places in their cart."  Trust me it wasn't a good morning yesterday.  I get mad just thinking about it.

Carl

I hear you Carl. To have an item in your cart it should be now reserved until check out for 5 or 10 min so no one else can keep ordering items and sell it out before you finishing checking out. . Walmart is the absolute worst online shopping experience possible. With lego sinking below them really is telling. You should call back and demand 300 points. I even got that on my wife's vip account so I got a total of 600. It's the least they could do right.

The Black Card will be mailed to you since they will be personalized.  They will have your name and existing VIP number, same as your existing card.

I just received confirmation from Lego that my set ordered yesterday at 8.08 am French time has been dispatched. I still feel that it's a shame Lego authorized buyers to order up to 3 sets, which is obviously one of the reasons so many fans could not get any this time and are rightfully frustrated.

To all that still want to buy the falcon at the LEGO store, please do not buy the set there. Buy it online because every LEGO store get one last shipment of falcons for the October 1st release. The amount that they will get is around 2-4 (depending on store size) and after they sell those out in 5 minutes it is extremely likely that they will no longer get anymore falcons. I have tried to tell people not to go to stores because they will only get 2-10 falcons and only the hardcore fans will get it. So buy the falcon online and do NOT go to the LEGO stores to get it as you will waste your time and be disappointed. Don't be fool in thinking you can get it from the LEGO store just buy it online and if you were, smart move and endure the struggle :) 

Just talked to the lego store in my area. They are saying they have been told they will not be getting anymore likely this year and that they aren't getting any for October 1st because so many are on back order.  This is directly from the manager. I called customer service the person I talked to there said they will be sending out far more this time for the Oct 1st lauch so they dont have the same issues at stores for the official launch. What the hell are you suppose to do? These idiots dont even know what they are doing!

2 hours ago, wwwmwww said:

Carl

What the main purpose of the black VIP's is that all black VIP members will get special offers in the future and be able to get double or triple VIP points on certain weeks where regular VIP members cannot. In other words, the black VIP is like the "Platinum" edition of the regular VIP. Also LEGO is doing this as an experiment to see if people will buy more if something like this is given out. They also estimate 20,000 black VIP members by the end of this year and they will send you your own personal black VIP card. 

Just now, ds760 said:

Just talked to the lego store in my area. They are saying they have been told they will not be getting anymore likely this year and that they aren't getting any for October 1st because so many are on back order.  This is directly from the manager. I called customer service the person I talked to there said they will be sending out far more this time for the Oct 1st lauch so they dont have the same issues at stores for the official launch. What the hell are you suppose to do? These idiots dont even know what they are doing!

That might be possible however I believe your store manager is wrong. All LEGO stores will be getting an extremely limited supply of falcons for the October release. As I have said, all stores should be getting around 2-4, which will depend on there store size, for the final release. Probably the reason why that manager has said that is to make customers buy it online because they don't want people to waste there times at the LEGO store to find out it has been sold out within the minute. So if I were you I'd wait and buy it online because stores will be out and empty after the October release. 

2 hours ago, wwwmwww said:

Carl

The ones you're seeing on eBay are from the Leicester Square midnight launch.

The first 100 to purchase the Falcon from there got a black VIP card in a presentation box, which could be signed, along with the set, by Lego Star Wars designers.

They are specially numbered 113800001 to 113800100, in reference to THX-1138.

Everyone else will get theirs in the mail in ~6 weeks time, with their own VIP number on it.

Edited by Mr Hobbles

My Falcon shipped and it will be delivered tomorrow. I didn’t get any VIP points for my purchase though. Does anyone know if you’re supposed to get VIP points for the Falcon purchase or did they not show up because of the ordering issues they were having yesterday?

My store's getting a couple more on Monday but have had a lot more interest than stock! Wondering if I should go when they open, even though the delivery won't be til after 1pm :/

9 minutes ago, MrRedHat said:

My Falcon shipped and it will be delivered tomorrow. I didn’t get any VIP points for my purchase though. Does anyone know if you’re supposed to get VIP points for the Falcon purchase or did they not show up because of the ordering issues they were having yesterday?

If you've registered for the VIP program, you'll definitely get points.  They can take 24 hours to appear on your account though.

53 minutes ago, Billiybob said:

What the main purpose of the black VIP's is that all black VIP members will get special offers in the future and be able to get double or triple VIP points on certain weeks where regular VIP members cannot. In other words, the black VIP is like the "Platinum" edition of the regular VIP. Also LEGO is doing this as an experiment to see if people will buy more if something like this is given out. They also estimate 20,000 black VIP members by the end of this year and they will send you your own personal black VIP card. 

Really? I thought the black VIP cards were just a treat for having bought the falcon, are they really different to regular VIP cards? (And, if so, where do I sign up?)

The Special offers that come with the Falcon VIP Card are only valid in 2018.

So you are getting special offers, double/triple points etc. throughout the next year!

That means in 2019 it`s just a "regular" VIP Card with special print. :wink:

Edited by Criss
typo