Jim

[PRESS RELEASE] 75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017

2 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Managed to pick one up at Brighton, people had been queuing since 1am. The set was sold out before the store opened and one guy got very angry at missing it and was practically abusing the employees.

i must commend lego, their service was amazing. They gave us tickets so no one could push in before us, we all got a goodie bag with both Force Friday polybags, some stickers and leaflets, and they even gave bags to people who missed out PLUS a letter to get priority over new stock, not sure how that works though.

so now I'm heading home with both The Falcon and Slave 1 to build, what a crazy day!

A fellow Brighton store visitor! Shame to hear about the guy abusing employees - they have always been excellent in that store when I've been, and it's not their fault at all! Congrats on picking one up.

Finally my order went through Lego@Home just now after all this time of getting booted over and over again

Well, I saved up $210 of VIP points in anticipation of this day, and I refuse to place my order until it lets me apply those points. 

Edit* It finally let me apply the points AND had free shipping selected. Frustrating launch to say the least, but excited beyond belief for the delivery!

Edited by vettes4ever

So in terms of Lego Stores, what happens now? Does each store replenish their stock next Thursday?

I was able to backorder this morning, can't say I have any experience with doing that from the Lego Shop.  They'll just contact me when it's in stock and ready to ship I assume?   It said 30 days on the page but I imagine that's just a placeholder and not a definitive timeframe.  Doesn't really matter to me when I get it, just wanted to get my order placed.  

34 minutes ago, mva5580 said:

I was able to backorder this morning, can't say I have any experience with doing that from the Lego Shop.  They'll just contact me when it's in stock and ready to ship I assume?   It said 30 days on the page but I imagine that's just a placeholder and not a definitive timeframe.  Doesn't really matter to me when I get it, just wanted to get my order placed.  

Usually they just ship it when it comes in and that's also when the real charge will go through on your credit card.

Arg!!! I was up this morning at 7AM refreshing the page constantly until it went live.  I think it was about 8:35AM.  As soon as it went live the limit dropped from 2 to 1.  And I got one in my cart.  But I then spend the next hour trying to pay for it and just kept getting errors after errors that tell me to call customer service.  I try.  About 40 times I get a busy signal.  Once I got a recording that said we cannot take your call right now and asked me to call back later.  So I go into work unable to get anywhere on-line or over the phone.  While at work I see I can get a little further in the checkout process but I need to update my address and every attempt at that gave me an error telling me to call customer service.  So I continue to try that.  At this point I already notice the the MF is listed as backorder status in my cart when it wasn't initially.  And once I do finally get them on the phone it disappeared from my cart entirely.  They sold the one right out of my cart... boy am I pissed.  Needless to say I complained and then complained to the supervisor but it didn't get me anywhere.  I even asked if there was a simple way to be notified when these were back in stock.  That was another big "no".  So short of being on LEGO 24/7, anyone have any tips on how best to monitor the site so I could be texted or something if they come back in stock.

What a joke. You can never please everyone but pretty disgusted by the whole buying process.

Edited by Enilder

I went to the Cardiff (UK) store.

24 available. Queue got up to 20 in total, so there were 4 available at the end, but there were multiple phone calls from people wanting to come pick them up in the morning, so they'll be all gone by now. 8 more arriving Monday.

I arrived 0845 and got number 14, which is surprising to be honest as the store never normally gets this amount of traffic for launches. Earliest arrival was 0700.

Long time lurker here. I’m in the US and I managed to order one. It says it’s in the warehouse now, so I should hopefully get it very soon. I had the same problem everyone else did. It wouldn’t let login to my VIP account, errors in check out, etc. Then finally I was able to get one to go through.

I’m glad they at least have a back order. If everyone who wants one puts it on back order they know at least what demand is for it. Then they can produce enough so everyone who wants one can purchase one. It really irks me to see people on eBay posting their order confirmation from Lego and already selling the UCS Millennium Falcon for twice the price you can purchase it on Lego.

Went to my local store  here in Houston about and hour and  10 minutes  before opening .Sad to  sad I got skunked but oh well there is always next week.

Don't understand the mad rush. Really no point getting it now unless planning as an early christmas gift.
No double/triple VIP points and the set will drop in price just like the last one in about a year. I remember 10179 being 50% off at one point at Costco.
Disgusting to see scalpers getting in on this set this early and gouging the price. Who would be moronic enough to buy it now for $1500?
I have a feeling many scalpers list multiple and probably buy the listing themselves to make it seem like there are buyers.

I got to my local Lego store an hour early. They had 8 units which were already taken up by people that had been there WAY earlier than I. *huh*

I did get a card for free expedited shipping if I ordered online today. Like most here, the site was fubar it was so busy! Eventually around 1000AM I was able to put an order it with free shipping and the expedited. Hope to get it soon. :)

Does go to show ya that people will always buy wanted sets. Also, these won't always be available for people that wait for double VIP days.

That's true, silly though for such a pricey set. Think about it in about a year you could get two of these for the price of 1. Then sell the second for the original price of 1 and buy another 2. XD
I swear there were people doing this with the 10179.
Imagine them doing a 41999 on this set and releasing an exclusive exclusive!

10179 was discounted to 50% at costco USA/Canada. And the lego store had it on discount too in 2010.
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/hot-lego-star-wars-ultimate-millennium-falcon-10179-170-a-885886/

At that point not many felt that set was worth its reg price. It took 10 years for scalpers to gouge it to the price it commanded before the release of 75192.
Maybe this will stay reg price for more than a year, but I can see it being severely undercut by bootlegs more than any price gouging by scalpers, given its price point.

Edited by NikhilR
additional info

I live in poland and the MF status went from back order to temorarily out of stock now - I wonder what supply they have on the 1st of october (if any). Or maybe the current status is for vips only ? can someone confirm that ?

5 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

10179 was discounted to 50% at costco USA/Canada. And the lego store had it on discount too in 2010.
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/hot-lego-star-wars-ultimate-millennium-falcon-10179-170-a-885886/

At that point not many felt that set was worth its reg price. It took 10 years for scalpers to gouge it to the price it commanded before the release of 75192.
Maybe this will stay reg price for more than a year, but I can see it being severely undercut by bootlegs more than any price gouging by scalpers, given its price point.

The Lego market was a totally different animal back then.  Lego's popularity is through the roof and only sets that are unpopular ever get discounted in the US anymore.  Also your 2010 example is three years after it went on sale.  Not exactly relevant.