Jim

[PRESS RELEASE] 75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017

5 hours ago, Freezer118 said:

The RRP price is 850 euros at the legoshop in the Netherlands. I know most Lego sets will be available at different shops (amazon, toy stores) but will this also be the case with the MF? Or will it be an Legoshop exclusive like the Saturn V? The real question is offcourse: Can I expect a price drop in a couple months at the Lego resellers?

I already answered that. Scroll up. :)

Edited by Mooste

5 hours ago, jdubbs said:

I assumed the nose bits were related to Unkar Plutt's ill-advised modifications to the Falcon... there might be something about this in the Incredible Cross Sections book? The radar dish was replaced after the original was knocked off inside the second Death Star.

Thanks.  Yes, I'm aware of the story behind why the dish was replaced.  Just curious if there was something significant to these other parts. I may have to check out the Incredible Cross Sections book.

Just found this image on Amazon:

Cross section of TFA Millennium Falcon

Looks like those nose bits are tractor beam projectors.

43 minutes ago, Andyperkins said:

Thanks, Carl

Edited by wwwmwww
Added link to cross section.

Wow. I've long hoped for an updated UCS Millennium Falcon, and now it's here. I'll have to work hard to make sure I can afford it this time, having missed out on 10179. At the same time I'm still hoping for an absolutely perfect, ultra-comprehensive on ten years from now, for the 50th, that addresses every possible issue people have with this one. But in case that never happens, I'll have to get this...

I finally saw it in person at my own local LEGO Store the other day. It's SO FREAKING BIG. And most impressively detailed, at least on top. The bottom actually is surprisingly plain, it seems, though I couldn't get a very good look.

On September 1, 2017 at 4:00 AM, Tavis75 said:

Does anyone have any idea what the deal is with the Falcon VIP card, the ad just says you get it if you buy the Falcon but is that just if you join the VIP program when you buy the Falcon or would you get the card as an "upgrade" to your existing VIP card if you're already a member?

My understanding, based on what they told me at the store, is that they automatically mail one to any VIP member who buys this. Presumably that includes people who sign up at the time of purchasing this.

They didn't know anything about a limit on the cards, either by number or time, BTW. They seemed to think the cards would be for anyone who ever buys this set at any time throughout its life, but other sources indicate it'll just be for those buyers who get it by December 31st or earlier.

On September 7, 2017 at 8:16 PM, Enilder said:

Will there be a "first edition" certificate like the older one?

Not exactly, though there is the special VIP card, but didn't I also read something somewhere about 150 random copies containing certificates signed by the designer?

2 hours ago, Blondie-Wan said:

I finally saw it in person at my own local LEGO Store the other day. It's SO FREAKING BIG. And most impressively detailed, at least on top. The bottom actually is surprisingly plain, it seems, though I couldn't get a very good look.

There was a clear picture from the Falcon Underside on the first page of the thread here, but it seems gone now...

I am suprised how good it DOES look, could have been a lot worse too. I would have prefered if the pieces put into interior space would have gone into the exterior and the underside especially, but it looks decent enough for me and honestly the underside is not THAT important (You rarely are going to see it from that angle). Getting its shaping correct is a necessity, but the same level of detail from the top would have been overkill for a model where you are limited in the piece count.

Wow i feel like people are being way too much "Elbows are too pointy" with this model, either buy it or dont, who cares!? I think i'll buy it or maybe bricklink it, not sure yet, but complaining about a set that people have been hoping to be re released for years just smacks of attention seeking. Hate it? make your own :)

3 hours ago, All in the Reflexes said:

Wow i feel like people are being way too much "Elbows are too pointy" with this model, either buy it or dont, who cares!? I think i'll buy it or maybe bricklink it, not sure yet, but complaining about a set that people have been hoping to be re released for years just smacks of attention seeking. Hate it? make your own :)

This is a forum, how in the hell is "complaining" aka legimitate critique attention seeking?

If you dont like reading discussions or other peoples opinions that might differ from your own, you should probably leave...

And who cares how many people waited how long for this set? Its a set like every other and for 800 Euro you should be allowed to critique as much as you want and as much as any other set.

27 minutes ago, BigEl said:

This is a forum, how in the hell is "complaining" aka legimitate critique attention seeking?

If you dont like reading discussions or other peoples opinions that might differ from your own, you should probably leave...

And who cares how many people waited how long for this set? Its a set like every other and for 800 Euro you should be allowed to critique as much as you want and as much as any other set.

Lol I think someone has been at the catnip and taken my post WAY to seriously, you like the set? buy it. Dont like it? dont buy it. Bitching about it wont make it better. Personally i think its a great model but some people aren't impressed which is also fine, its their opinion. Sheesh i think i'll build duplo instead, its a friendlier crowd :laugh:

Just now, All in the Reflexes said:

Lol I think someone has been at the catnip and taken my post WAY to seriously, you like the set? buy it. Dont like it? dont buy it. Bitching about it wont make it better. Personally i think its a great model but some people aren't impressed which is also fine, its their opinion. Sheesh i think i'll build duplo instead, its a friendlier crowd :laugh:

Oh boy. :sick:

Exactly. We're giving our opinion on this set. We might like some aspects of it while disliking others. This is a forum. We discuss things in a forum. "Bitching" won't make the set better, but we're still allowed to give our opinions, however pointy they may be. Now, critiquing others for having different opinions and discussing a set? Not cool.

The set is still awesome, even though it has its flaws. Only four more days! :sweet:

5 hours ago, Boba-Fett-13 said:

Does anyone know what time i should be logging on in Australia to vip order?

In my previous experience with new releases at Lego S@H it's completely random. I doubt it would be 12AM, but it could be anywhere up to 9AM. I would think it's more likely around 8/9am i.e. to coincide with the UK Store midnight launch. I just hope the website doesn't fall over like it did when the Slave-1 was released. It could be a long night.

2 hours ago, Markalus said:

In my previous experience with new releases at Lego S@H it's completely random. I doubt it would be 12AM, but it could be anywhere up to 9AM. I would think it's more likely around 8/9am i.e. to coincide with the UK Store midnight launch. I just hope the website doesn't fall over like it did when the Slave-1 was released. It could be a long night.

Yeah 8-9am would be good. Hopefully manage to get one nefore they sell out.

Good morning guys and thank you for accepting me. I live in italy and I am a VIP user. I would like to buy the millenium falcon from the website on September 14th ... but i would like to know the exact time from which it will be possible to buy it ... i asked the lego contact center and gave me 2 different answers (08:30 am and then 00.01 ) ... I'm a little confused and I would like to have some time in Italy ... I hope someone can help me. thank you all.

Edited by grozio

if it's like the Saturn V rocket "launch" it will be midnight but they will be sold out by then as they sold them the day before, great work Lego...

Expect disappointment, the scalpers will be going wild on this set.

4 hours ago, grozio said:

Good morning guys and thank you for accepting me. I live in italy and I am a VIP user. I would like to buy the millenium falcon from the website on September 14th ... but i would like to know the exact time from which it will be possible to buy it ... i asked the lego contact center and gave me 2 different answers (08:30 am and then 00.01 ) ... I'm a little confused and I would like to have some time in Italy ... I hope someone can help me. thank you all.

Just keep refreshing the site from 11pm on September 13th, might go live at midnight on the dot, might be later but might also be easier.

1 hour ago, Final Exit said:

if it's like the Saturn V rocket "launch" it will be midnight but they will be sold out by then as they sold them the day before, great work Lego...

Expect disappointment, the scalpers will be going wild on this set.

Maybe... But the scalpers will be laying out £650 per set and it'll be available for a long time. They're going to have to be laying out a huge amount of money with no profit returned for several years at least.

On 9/2/2017 at 2:29 PM, Daphatty said:

But an iphone only lasts two years. This will last a lifetime!

This is so true! 

I do really hope that I have extra cash for this or else it will cost way more in the future. 

New coffee table decoration!

On 9/9/2017 at 10:05 PM, Andyperkins said:

Wow! I have one on my hands and the print quality is superb for an advertisement material. TLG really wants you to get the impression this is the biggest thing they have made so far and that it deserves every cent.

(On side notes it's a shame that the laser shoots are not well aligned in the promotional photo, sigh! and looking at the Star Destroyer with the increased resolution of an actual quality photo, it seems just the 75055.)

Edited by dvogon
typo

Saw it in person at the Lego Store today......man.  Thing is just massive.  I was trying to get a gauge on how far the landing supports on the bottom are from each other to know if it would fit on my current shelf......it would definitely be close lol.   Geez.  I'll be trying to get one this week, we shall see I guess. 

46 minutes ago, mva5580 said:

Saw it in person at the Lego Store today......man.  Thing is just massive.  I was trying to get a gauge on how far the landing supports on the bottom are from each other to know if it would fit on my current shelf......it would definitely be close lol.   Geez.  I'll be trying to get one this week, we shall see I guess. 

My IKEA Ivar shelves are 50cm in depth and that can fit a 10179 with a bit of overhang so should also fit the new one.

Is there any official correspondence from Lego that indicates that the Black MF VIP card will go to only the first 20,000 sales?

About how long would it take to sell 20,000 sets? Days, weeks? There's about 125 retail store plus online....

2 hours ago, eliminator said:

Found some additional clarification about the availability of the Black MF VIP cards:7rk85cddided.png

Cool. I wish they'd stop saying "may the force build with you" though. It was cringeworthy in the designer video and seeing it in an offical text response confirms that some marketing person thought it would be a great idea...it's not. 

2 hours ago, Markalus said:

Cool. I wish they'd stop saying "may the force build with you" though. It was cringeworthy in the designer video and seeing it in an offical text response confirms that some marketing person thought it would be a great idea...it's not. 

First time I've heard it. I don't mind it.