Jim

[PRESS RELEASE] 75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017

Sorry, I just can't justify spending this kind of money on a set that has such little interior space, such massive exterior space, so few minifigures, and bleedin' stickers!  Is does, however, make me want a Falcon.  I think I'll be getting the Force Awakens version.

Just now, The_Chosen_1 said:

Nope.

Nothing special with the first pool?

Never tell me the odds! There's is hope! JK. :)

54 minutes ago, Enilder said:

Nothing special with the first pool?

Never tell me the odds! There's is hope! JK. :)

There's the special black MF VIP card that will shipped to those who buy early. Just not sure yet about how many of these cards will be produced.

Moreover, supposedly the card will enable various Lego Store deals throughout 2018. Hopefully we find out more details before launch day.

Just now, eliminator said:

There's the special black MF VIP card that will shipped to those who buy early. Just not sure yet about how many of these cards will be produced.

Moreover, supposedly the card will enable various Lego Store deals throughout 2018. Hopefully we find out more details before launch day.

Yeap...It looks pretty cool. They should have a different VIP number designation for those.

On 9/7/2017 at 5:54 AM, TheLegGodt said:

So I kinda felt the same way and solved it by selling my 10179 for 850 euros last night. An emotional moment and sad in some respects since the 10179 is and will remain a true milestone in LEGO from a historic point of view.

But I am not in it for history. I am in it for the sure fun of building and displaying (showing-off even haha) awesome sets and I also wanted to be part of this and get to build it. I think the new Falcon overall looks better (the canopy excluded) and I look forward to opening that huge box and building for months on the MF (short for Mutha^&*$(# perhaps?). And owning and displaying two of these near identical monsters was not within my cognitive abilities of justification. 

You did pretty well to cover the cost for the new one outright!

I had considered the approach of selling the MF to raise funds / space for the new one; but I just don't think I can part with it, even if it means skipping the new one.
For me I had been waiting on a Snow Speeder, a Blockade Runner, and Star Destroyer... Snow Speeder check, just got the other two to go now.

Hello.  I'm a relatively new LEGO VIP member.  I joined when I got the Saturn V that just came out.  And I see this is supposed to be released for sale to VIP members on September 14th.  Can someone tell me how that works?  I logged into my VIP account and I still just see the October 1st date which is the release date for the general public.  I'd love to get in on the VIP release and get the new Star Wars VIP card but I'm not certain what the procedure will be for placing an order on the 14th. Can it be done on-line? Does one need to call? I'd just like to know what to expect come the 14th or if there is a site I need to watch or something.

Thanks, Carl

Interestingly, the limit per customer on the Lego S@H website is three. I would have thought for such a high profile/high value set the limit would be one, as has been the case in the past with highly sought after new releases (eg. UCS Slave-1 upon release). Limits may vary by region but I expect to see flippers trying to gouge desperate fans early on!  

Other news is that the new UCS MF will not be an exclusive D2C set. So expect other stores to sell this sets. Could be worth to wait for a discount for people who can't afford the current price?

Source

11 hours ago, wwwmwww said:

Hello.  I'm a relatively new LEGO VIP member.  I joined when I got the Saturn V that just came out.  And I see this is supposed to be released for sale to VIP members on September 14th.  Can someone tell me how that works?  I logged into my VIP account and I still just see the October 1st date which is the release date for the general public.  I'd love to get in on the VIP release and get the new Star Wars VIP card but I'm not certain what the procedure will be for placing an order on the 14th. Can it be done on-line? Does one need to call? I'd just like to know what to expect come the 14th or if there is a site I need to watch or something.

Thanks, Carl

The website will always state the general release date, just make sure you are signed in and from around 11apm onwards keep refreshing and eventually the Coming Soon option will change to Add to Basket or Sold Out if you are too late.

Edited by Andyperkins

6 hours ago, eliminator said:

20k according to thebrickfan: https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-star-wars-ucs-millennium-falcon-75192-limited-edition-black-vip-card/

2 hours ago, Andyperkins said:

The website will always state the general release date, just make sure you are signed in and from around 11am onwards keep refreshing and eventually the Coming Soon option will change to Add to Basket or Sold Out if you are too late.

Or on back order, with a ship before date (you can still buy it)

2 hours ago, segatasan said:

yea, I saw that. They are the only source stating that fact. My local Lego Store (take that with a grain of salt) indicated that the cards are for 75192 purchased until 31 Dec.

I wonder how long it would take for them to sell 20k of these sets?

Other than the privilege being one of the first to own it, the incentive for VIPs to purchase on the 14th is pretty low. Full RRP, no double or triple VIP points (which on this set is a big deal) and no special gift/exclusive minifig or polybag that I'm aware of. A "limited edition" VIP card with special offers for 2018 sounds pretty lame and only serves to encourage people to spend on products they might not ordinarily purchase.

5 hours ago, Andyperkins said:

The website will always state the general release date, just make sure you are signed in and from around 11am onwards keep refreshing and eventually the Coming Soon option will change to Add to Basket or Sold Out if you are too late.

2 hours ago, eliminator said:

Or on back order, with a ship before date (you can still buy it)

Thanks for the information.  Its very appreciated.

Carl

Hey fellow Aussies, anyone have an idea as to when this will go live on S@H? Only D2C I've ever bought day one was the snowspeeder, but it wasn't on sale at 2 AM so I went to sleep and got it at 8. Do not want to be taking that chance with this one.

Does anyone have accurate info about production numbers? I.e. is this something you will live to regret if not purchased day one? Find it hard to form an opinion whether this will be very limited numbers or mass produced / sold way into 2022...

13 minutes ago, TheLegGodt said:

Does anyone have accurate info about production numbers? I.e. is this something you will live to regret if not purchased day one? Find it hard to form an opinion whether this will be very limited numbers or mass produced / sold way into 2022...

No solid info, but I'd hazard a guess they will have plenty produced. If they are putting a limit of 3 per customer, they would be likely very confidant they can fulfil it, or they'd likely have just 1... Having a limit of three almost makes me think they're expecting and hoping scalpers to scoop these up (as well as general Lego fans) and have planned on catering to them too. The fact there is a limit of 3 puts me feeling very confidant these will be sold for a while. 

I'll be moving between countries YET AGAIN basically some time after this set goes on sale. I'm not sure what to do.

Buy it in the USA? Build it and have fun? But pay tremendous shipping to get it to the UK and be prepared for it to fall apart and have to put it together again!

Buy it in the UK? Ship it to my address there before I live there (by about a month +)? It costs more money but I save a lot on shipping but I have to WAIT!

Oh the horror!

I've decided if I buy two I won't buy the second until after a sale though.

I'm more excited for this set than any set previously. :)

54 minutes ago, BrickG said:

Buy it in the USA? Build it and have fun? But pay tremendous shipping to get it to the UK and be prepared for it to fall apart and have to put it together again!

Buy it in the UK? Ship it to my address there before I live there (by about a month +)? It costs more money but I save a lot on shipping but I have to WAIT!

I'd wait and buy it in the UK tbh. Before you know it you'll be there. The suspense will just make it even more special (I can picture you making all sorts of mistakes trying to build with a good dose of jetlag, hahah)

The RRP price is 850 euros at the legoshop in the Netherlands. I know most Lego sets will be available at different shops (amazon, toy stores) but will this also be the case with the MF? Or will it be an Legoshop exclusive like the Saturn V? The real question is offcourse: Can I expect a price drop in a couple months at the Lego resellers?

There are some pictures of an opened UCS MF box and the sticker sheet on Promobricks!

Unboxed

It seems that the MF will also be available 2018 outside the brand stores and the TLG webshop.

Edited by Criss

On 9/2/2017 at 3:47 PM, blbills said:

I got a handout at the Lego store on the Millennium Falcon and on the back it says "VIPs can buy the set 16 days before anyone else!"

Could someone post an image or scan of this handout?  Just curious what other info might be on it.

Thanks, Carl

On 9/3/2017 at 6:11 PM, blbills said:

(its got both sensor dishes mounted and the TFA bit on the nose are tilted up).

Speaking of those "TFA bits on the nose"... back when TFA came out all I remember was talk of the new sensor dish.  Is there actually some in-movie reason that would explain these bits?  If there is I'm guessing we may not see it until TLJ.  Or is this just some creative license by LEGO?  If this is just some minor greebling difference between the model used in ESB and TFA, I would guess there must have been many such differences. So why make special parts to highlight this one?

Just very curious, Carl

1 hour ago, wwwmwww said:

Speaking of those "TFA bits on the nose"... back when TFA came out all I remember was talk of the new sensor dish.  Is there actually some in-movie reason that would explain these bits?  If there is I'm guessing we may not see it until TLJ.  Or is this just some creative license by LEGO?  If this is just some minor greebling difference between the model used in ESB and TFA, I would guess there must have been many such differences. So why make special parts to highlight this one?

Just very curious, Carl

It's legit.  Check this source out of just screen grabs of the falcon from TFA.  I'm been using this exclusively to build my own falcon.  You'll notice among quite a few other differences that the TFA Falcon has additional bumps on the front of the mandables. 

Also fun little trivia, if you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the shots where the falcon is flighting a Tie Fighter you'll see that a couple of the shots have the black streak on the mandables like the TLG Falcon has. But they only appear in a few frames.  I've been told that these were from the trailer and they forgot to update them for the final movie.

I know way too much about the falcon...

http://imgur.com/a/pdEcg

1 hour ago, wwwmwww said:

I assumed the nose bits were related to Unkar Plutt's ill-advised modifications to the Falcon... there might be something about this in the Incredible Cross Sections book? The radar dish was replaced after the original was knocked off inside the second Death Star.